Let the Hallucinations Begin

Chef Jim

One of my employees just gave me a bottle of homemade Absinthe that a friend of hers makes. He uses his own wormword that he grows. I will report on the quality after this weekend. Actually now that I think about it not this weekend seeing I'll be heading to Palm Springs with some friends. I won't be sharing this stuff.

Make sure other people have tried it first. People have died from not making wormwood tinctures right. Tell me how the green fairy is.

This guy has been making a lot of this for years. Been trying to get distribution but the spirits market here in CA is tough.

Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate, that is a myth. It does make you a far more lucid drunk, however.

Its reputation for a hallucinogenic is probably because cheap absinthe had a lot of dangerous chemicals added to it to make its color more vibrant.

Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate, that is a myth. It does make you a far more lucid drunk, however.

Its reputation for a hallucinogenic is probably because cheap absinthe had a lot of dangerous chemicals added to it to make its color more vibrant.

I was going to say this. Didn't absinthe gain popularity in the late 1800's when the grapes in France had some kind of problem (blight)? When the vineyards regained their yield, it was the wine industry that villianized absinthe and started the myth... To lure people back to wine.

??

I was going to say this. Didn't absinthe gain popularity in the late 1800's when the grapes in France had some kind of problem (blight)? When the vineyards regained their yield, it was the wine industry that villianized absinthe and started the myth... To lure people back to wine.

??

I blame the French...

Gotta agree with Fingon. A very lucid drunk sounds like a good description to me.

Have fun Chef :P

One of my employees just gave me a bottle of homemade Absinthe that a friend of hers makes. He uses his own wormword that he grows. I will report on the quality after this weekend. Actually now that I think about it not this weekend seeing I'll be heading to Palm Springs with some friends. I won't be sharing this stuff.

Enjoy .... I have a bottle of Absinthe in the bar but have barely touched it. Just doesn't rock my world.

Enjoy .... I have a bottle of Absinthe in the bar but have barely touched it. Just doesn't rock my world.

I'm don't really drink hard liquor anymore, I got this for my wife. I just plan on using it as an ingredient in some mixed drinks. I've done some fun experimenting with cocktails. The SF bar scene will inspire you to do that.

Oh and BTW I know it doesn't make you hallucinate, I was just going with the green fairy myth.