If You Had the World's Crappiest iPod......

WotAGuy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have great taste!

It's true, I do.

new day new top five:

1. King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown

2. Royal Trux: Pound By Pound

3. Mannequin Men: Lose Your Illusion, Too!

4. Woods: At Echo Lake

5. Ty Segall: Melted

of course I'm expecting 9 LPs in the mail tomorrow...this will change pretty quickly

It's true, I do.

new day new top five:

1. King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown

2. Royal Trux: Pound By Pound

3. Mannequin Men: Lose Your Illusion, Too!

4. Woods: At Echo Lake

5. Ty Segall: Melted

of course I'm expecting 9 LPs in the mail tomorrow...this will change pretty quickly

Hopefully they come with free download codes so you can put them on that World's Crappiest ipod. :devil:

Hopefully they come with free download codes so you can put them on that World's Crappiest ipod. :thumbsup:

turns out 3 of them did. So now my crappy ipod can have the new Jacuzzi Boys, Male Bonding, and Ariel Pink albums.

In my next life I'm going to be far less into music. Seriously, who the !@#$ are those bands?

turns out 3 of them did. So now my crappy ipod can have the new Jacuzzi Boys, Male Bonding, and Ariel Pink albums.

In my next life I'm going to be far less into music. Seriously, who the !@#$ are those bands?

More importantly, how did you find out about them? Are they really good, or are you just checking them out?

More importantly, how did you find out about them? Are they really good, or are you just checking them out?

Jacuzzi Boys are on the turntable right now--pretty great record. It;s like a 1960s style sloppy garage rock. Saw them play with Marah last month. Hadn't heard of them before and they were kind of blown off the stage by Marah. Also sort of douchey as people. Record's good though.

The Male Bonding record is awesome. Frantic buzzsaw guitar rock. Remind me a bit of Husker Du actually.

Ariel Pink is a real noisy lo-fi pop. It's an odd record, but I like it a lot. It's like listening to an AM pop station in 1974...but with terrible reception.

So I read a couple music blogs every day (stereogum and pitchfork, mostly). I also look through the record lists for various distros (current favorites: Florida's Dying, Midheaven, Armageddon Shop, Dusty Groove) and labels (current favorites: In The Red, Not Not Fun, Drag City, Siltbreeze) and just buy whatever sounds interesting. Nothing's better than getting some weird record nobody's ever heard of and have it blow your hair back.

Of course yesterday I had -$37 in checking....someday my free time and obsessiveness will be used for something productive.

just stopping back in to add:

"If I had the world's crappiest iPod.... I'd have a Zune"

hey-ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:thumbsup: LOL! Actually, once you loaded it with the 5 albums, it wouldn't be so crappy anymore!

1 - Glenn Gould, Goldberg Variations (J.S. Bach), 1980 Version

2 - Glenn Gould, Partitas (J.S. Bach)

Did you miss my post? I solved those two (and more) with one selection.

1. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

2. Rush - 2112

3. The Who - Join Together

4. Jean Luc Ponty - Mystical Adventures

5. Neil Diamond - Hot August Night

Now there's an interesting list! Excellent! Rush and Neil Diamond....wouldn't that be a hell of a tour???

Did you miss my post? I solved those two (and more) with one selection.

Yeah, I saw that - very clever - but I don't know that I want all that Berg, Webern, and Schoenberg crap, and Gould's renditions of the Mozart and Beethoven are 'unconventional', to put it kindly.

Still, your solution saves me one more place - I can throw some Oscar Petersen or Sinatra in that spot, so I guess I can put up with the Gould moaning and Schoenberg atonality. :thumbsup:<_<

Ok, I'm not ready for this thread to fade away yet.

Special [bUMP] edition:

David Bowie - Station to Station

The Cure - Disintegration

Beck - One Foot in the Grave

Pink Floyd - Relics

Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West (poor Cowboy Dan just can't get that egg to turn over. No, no, not even if sober!)

Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West (poor Cowboy Dan just can't get that egg to turn over. No, no, not even if sober!)

Hmmm... I just looked up the lyrics to "Cowboy Dan" and it turns out it's his engine he can't get to turn over. I think I prefer to picture him trying to fry an egg over a campfire, so I'm gonna pretend that's the lyric.