Met Dwan Edwards Today

Dwan Edwards was in Montana today (he is montana native) raising funds for his football camp next month. He was very gracious to everyone and seemed like everyday guy. He did say to expect the team to be better this year and that the defense will be much improved. Someone kidded him about playing in cold weather and he said no problem, he was looking forward to playing in buffalo.

Not a lot of Bills fans in montana, but a lot of Edwards fans and i expect a lot of montanans will be following the bills this year.

I took my grand kids to see him, but got to admit i was the one most excited about the visit!

Dwan Edwards was in Montana today (he is montana native) raising funds for his football camp next month. He was very gracious to everyone and seemed like everyday guy. He did say to expect the team to be better this year and that the defense will be much improved. Someone kidded him about playing in cold weather and he said no problem, he was looking forward to playing in buffalo.

Not a lot of Bills fans in montana, but a lot of Edwards fans and i expect a lot of montanans will be following the bills this year.

I took my grand kids to see him, but got to admit i was the one most excited about the visit!

Isn't Montana a pretty damn cold place too? Or did they mean in comparison to Baltimore?

So, did he look like a man-shredder?

Baltimore isn't exactly a tropical paradise

They still don't get as much snow and cold as we usually do. They were struggling with the hefty amounts of snow they got this winter while we would've considered it a light winter

South FL is the only place to be in the winter, the rest is denial.

I hear you. I lived there for about five years. Winters are a dream.

Had to laugh at your Pat Riley quote, however. Commitment....??? Seriously.

The guy bailed on the heat after 'Zo got sick. He then 'got the itch to coach again' after the first Shaq/Wade season..and forced out long time assistant Stan Van Gundy (who had just took the team to the finals). He then 'retired' when that fell apart. Now he again is 'floating the idea' about coaching again given the potential blockbuster free agency season. Of course....he'll wait to see who they get before he decides if 'he truly wants to come back.' I used to be a fan but I think he's become completely lame with very clear motives.

Hey, another Montana Bills' fan! I thought I was the only one.

Anyway, awesome to hear he was home. What kind of fundraiser was he doing and where?

He runs a football camp in Billings and he was raffling off bills shirts and helmets and promoting his camp,,,sounds like he plans to have 250 kids there from ages 10-14. You can go to dwanedwards.org for more information. It is non profit and he says he does it to give back to the community.

I have a great pic of him (with my grand kids). I would post it here, but not sure how to do it.

sky, u can upload it to a site like photobucket, and they generate a link that u can place in here. i've used it, it worx, and it's free.

looking fwd to it.

~AS

I've never understood a millionaire's need to hold a fundraiser...

It is called giving something back to the community or a cause that you care about.

They typically will use their name to form a hopefully long lasting fund for something good and in need. They supply their time, their name, and yes usually a lot of cash too.

Are you suggesting he simply give all his money away instead?