Who wins the battle at the #2 WR position?

Currently there are 11 WR's on the Bills roster. Out of those 11, who do you feel will will make the team and what WR position will they have?

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

I forgot about Roscoe in my earlier post, so I closed that thread. Here's my list to start the season:

#1WR: Lee Evans

#2WR: James Hardy

#3WR: Roscoe Parrish

#4WR: Marcus Easley

#5WR: Steve Johnson

Extra WR they keep (healthy scratch on game day): Chad Jackson

Practice Squad: Felton Huggins

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently there are 11 WR's on the Bills roster. Out of those 11, who do you feel will will make the team and what WR position will they have?

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

I forgot about Roscoe in my earlier post, so I closed that thread. Here's my list to start the season:

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

No worries about forgetting Parrish. Unfortunately, Parrish has been forgotten about due to the terrible coaching regime that was in here over the last 4 years. I'm very interested to see what Gailey can do with Parrish.

My top 5 are:

Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy and Easley. I agree with your assessment of Chad Jackson, Felton Huggins and the rest. IMO, Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy and Easley will start off the season that way and the line up could change over the course of the season. I can see Easley moving up the depth charts, but considering he's a rookie, it's too soon to tell how he will do in the regular season.

No worries about forgetting Parrish. Unfortunately, Parrish has been forgotten about due to the terrible coaching regime that was in here over the last 4 years. I'm very interested to see what Gailey can do with Parrish.

My top 5 are:

Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy and Easley. I agree with your assessment of Chad Jackson, Felton Huggins and the rest. IMO, Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Hardy and Easley will start off the season that way and the line up could change over the course of the season. I can see Easley moving up the depth charts, but considering he's a rookie, it's too soon to tell how he will do in the regular season.

Thanks! I'm glad the Bills WR's are no longer all short WR's like they were a couple of years ago. I agree, I'm also interested in seeing how Gailey will use Parrish this season.

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

I pretty much agree with your assessment. I've been very impressed with Easley and would love to see him beat out Hardy or least get enough reps to prove himself. I would also love for Roosevelt to be kept.

Igotta go with your assessment. As to who is number 2 and who is number 3 is pretty much up for grabs. Its time Hardy and Johnson made their statement. Parrish I see more as a very very useful role player. I'm kind of confident in the receiving corps. If the o-line does the job I think we might have some nice surprises.

I pretty much agree with your assessment. I've been very impressed with Easley and would love to see him beat out Hardy or least get enough reps to prove himself. I would also love for Roosevelt to be kept.

I agree, I think if Easley does develop quick enough, he could rise up the depth chart over Hardy. There are so many unknowns with Hardy, Johnson, Easley & Parrish that it's hard to predict how they will do this season. With finally having an offensive minded coach, we'll be able to see how these guys can truly perform this year.

Between Jackson, Huggins & Roosevelt, that's going to be a hard choice on who stays and who gets cut.

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

I think it's going to fallout like this for opening weekend:

Evans

Hardy

Parish

Easley

Johnson

Jackson

PS - Nelson or Jones - the one that's 6'2", not 6'5" & Roosevelt

I could actually see Jackson getting cut for Roosevelt, but it's too early to tell. I think they are going to go for what SD currently has at WR - a bunch of tall guys that can run, which is why I think they keep the bigger rookies on the PS. I wouldn't be surprised to see Easley playing opposite of Evans by the end of the year either, but expect Johnson/Hardy to get a good number of looks. Since Jackson has been Playing Evans' position at WR and he doesn't really get hurt, I can't see him getting a lot of time. Especially considering he isn't even that big compared to our other WRs. He also has had more opportunity without the major injuries (though a few nagging ones) than Hardy and has done about the same as him - zip.

Chad Jackson s my surprise pick to not only make the team, but start alongside Lee Evans. Hardy and Stevie J too inexperienced, Roscoe is a kick returner.

It isn't like Chad Jackson is a real experienced veteran. In 4 years since he was drafted (counting 2009 which he was out of football), he has 14 receptions. James Hardy has 9 so he is almost as experienced as Jackson, he just hasn't been dumped by two NFL teams already. I hope someone from this group steps up, but my money if it happens at all, would be Hardy out of this group. I would be surprised if Jackson makes the final roster.

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

Here's mine for opening day:

#1 Lee Evans

#2 Steve Johnson

#3 James Hardy

#4 Marcus Easley

#5 Chad Jackson

P.S.: Huggins, Roosevelt and Nelson.

Roscoe Parrish will be traded after the first pre-season game and before the last pre-season game. JMO

Thanks! I'm glad the Bills WR's are no longer all short WR's like they were a couple of years ago. I agree, I'm also interested in seeing how Gailey will use Parrish this season.

If they keep Parrish I'd love to see that too. :thumbsup:

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

Parrish should be cut, all of the runing backs had more receptions than him last season and Spiller is brought in to catch passes as well. Every off season we hear how the new coaches will him the ball and they don't. Maybe its not Parrish, he has been here long enough to make an impact and hasn't.

Also, mckelvin is a good retuner, so is Jackson, Spiller was a return man in College and We signed a back up

RB who has return experience, This is not a coincidence.

Easley is our Marques Colston this year :thumbsup:

Let's hope, didn't hear mucg about him before the draft but have liked everything I've read since. Would love if Namaan could make an impact but probably PS this season.

Marcus Easley

Lee Evans

James Hardy

C.J. Hawthrone

Felton Huggins

Chad Jackson

Steve Johnson

Donald Jones

David Nelson

Roscoe Parrish

Naaman Roosevelt

The rest will be cut.

Comments...

I am on board 100%. Does felton have another PS year of eligibility? Roosevelt also makes the PS at least for part of the year.

Parrish should be cut, all of the runing backs had more receptions than him last season and Spiller is brought in to catch passes as well. Every off season we hear how the new coaches will him the ball and they don't. Maybe its not Parrish, he has been here long enough to make an impact and hasn't.

Also, mckelvin is a good retuner, so is Jackson, Spiller was a return man in College and We signed a back up

RB who has return experience, This is not a coincidence.

From what I heard about the open practice, Roscoe looked pretty good.

I know; It's practice. But I still think he has the potential to be an offensive threat if they find ways to get the ball in his hands with a little space.

My surprise cut is going to be Lee Evans. just kidding!!!!!!!!

1. Evans

2. Hardy/johnson

3. Parrish-He will be used a lot more this year. The only thing that can stop him is himself.

4.Johnson/Hardy- whoever isn't #2 will be #4

5. Easley-He might move up the charts throughout the season but he starts the season at #5.

The rest is anyone's guess. I think Jackson will get cut.