8 in the box will still trouble Bill's Offense

Running game will get clogged up. Simple football, must have some over the top threat.

We don't know yet if it will trouble the Bills offense because I'm sure Gailey is aware of this. It might be a problem, but we don't yet know for sure if it will be. I'm thinking it won't be as big a problem as last year.

You dont have to go deep in order to unclog the 8 men in the box problem......what you do need is a QB with the balls to throw that intermediate pass and have confidence his man will make the play.......

Thank goodness John you have come out of the woodwork for some common sense postings. You, San Jose, John W. C Biscuit, Carolina Bill, among others are some posters i enjoy reading up on. Thank goodness for common sense. which isn't as common as it should be.

Thank goodness John you have come out of the woodwork for some common sense postings. You, San Jose, John W. C Biscuit, Carolina Bill, among others are some posters i enjoy reading up on. Thank goodness for common sense. which isn't as common as it should be.

And the Dean as well, and Lori.

And the Dean as well, and Lori.

You too Promo. sorry a bit buzzed tonight and i'm sorry if i missed anyone who i respect reading up on. you are all quite a good gang of fans. a good group of camaraderie.

You dont have to go deep in order to unclog the 8 men in the box problem......what you do need is a QB with the balls to throw that intermediate pass and have confidence his man will make the play.......

Yeah, but going deep, at least occasionally, unclogs those intermediate routes.

I have been saying this all along. I just don't know how Gailey is going to beat this defense. I would like to hear some others input on how the Bills with a weak QB, OL, and WR are going to beat this defense. Any suggestions? To imply Gailey is an offensive guru just doesn't cut it for me.....Give me some hope....

I have been saying this all along. I just don't know how Gailey is going to beat this defense. I would like to hear some others input on how the Bills with a weak QB, OL, and WR are going to beat this defense. Any suggestions? To imply Gailey is an offensive guru just doesn't cut it for me.....Give me some hope....

quick pass outside to parrish?

It's impossible to give you hope because you're nothing but a TROLL!

The only even remotely positive comments you've ever made on this board about anything or anybody associated with the Bills have been sarcastic bits of snark in reply to your being called out as a troll.

Just go back to your home board (patsfan.cheat?) Bills FANS would like to talk about our FAVORITE Team here.

The only even remotely positive comments you've ever made on this board about anything or anybody associated with the Bills have been sarcastic bits of snark in reply to your being called out as a troll.

Just go back to your home board (patsfan.cheat?) Bills FANS would like to talk about our FAVORITE Team here.

IDK RI Bills....I think he's just another frustrated Bills fan looking for some hope.

QUOTE (mpl6876 @ Jun 16 2010, 02:19 AM) *

Ex doom and gloomer here. Previously, thought Bills would be like 4-12. Now, I love all the positive talk about the Bills. I really can see this team going to the playoffs and winning the AFC title. I am so pumped about this season. I think Gailey is going to be coach of the year. Call me crazy if you want.

Gailey will make this offense click even if we don't have a QB, OL, and WR's. Chan is a winner and he has a system that cannot be stopped. Plus, he will motivate and get the upmost production from his players.

The Bills are going to "shock" everyone.

Love all the Bills supportive fans. GO Bills

mpl6876 post Jun 16 2010, 03:14 AM

Post #20

Thanks Billsrus, after a "long tongue lashing" from the posters, I have decided to be positive and think positive. I am not going to lie it's hard and sometimes I resort back to my old ways. I found out it is more fun talking and thinking positively. I am tired of pissing on everyone wheaties...

GO BILLS!!

Thread Link

How about you try to stay positive until the first coupla games mpl? Noone here has any way of knowing. See it to BILLIEVE IT!

REF your quote above.....you heralded CG as an offensive guru. Well the least you can do is give him a chance. From all indications his scheme centers around a variety of looks and maximizing each players ability. Neither you nor I can predict his playbook.

IDK RI Bills....I think he's just another frustrated Bills fan looking for some hope.

Thread Link

He's a TROLL! The two post you quoted were nothing but sarcastic snark in response too him being called out by other posters for his TROLLISH posting.

Find one (just one) non sarcastic post from him where he has anything positive to say about anything or anyone on the Bills and I'll consider changing my opinion.

I honestly think we are going to struggle offensively. I think in lieu of hiring an offensive head coach, the defense is going to be pretty good. That in turn will give the offense more opportunity and keep us in games. In saying that I think we will be much improved offensively or should I say organized.

I think we are going to see good drives (imagine that) during games and throughout the season. We'll see a game plan. I think we will see flashes of an offense that could be consistent. But I don't think we will be consistent because of our overall lack of talent on the line and possibly QB play.

Gailey is a talented play caller and he knows how to read and setup defenses. So we are going to see some cool stuff. I don't have a good read on our QB situation. I think our best chance is if Edwards emerges and if he does we may see even more consistency as I mentioned. But guys I'm here to tell you our O line is not good. And there's only so much you can do to overcome that. A lot of questions will be answered this year about going forward, and I think that's a positive, we will finally move forward.

I think our offense will be improved over last season. Gailey is an offensive minded coach and I believe he will get what he can out of our players. Obviously the over all success of our offense still hinges on one of the weakest points of our team, the QB position. If we could get the healthy, "pre-Rolle" Edwards I think we could make some noise. I just don't know if Trent will ever be that player again. If we could get a QB to complete 60-65% of his passes and give us 250 yards a game, while keeping the turnovers at a minimum, we would be in the playoff hunt. If we get play like that from our QB then the RB's will have plenty of openings as the defense will not be able to key in on one aspect of our offense. I truly think our defense is going to be better than alot of people expect and surely better versus the run this season as well. We got some guys that fit the scheme we are running and if the young guys catch on quick, the defense could be one of the better units in the league. I like Edwards and expect him to have our guys ready to go. I think our team is better, even though T.O. isn't around anymore, just by coaching alone. This year will prove how much Jauron and Fewell were liabilities to our franchise more than anything. Everyone's expectations are low by fans, media, and such. So when our team gets some W's that weren't "expected" the truth of the ineptitude of our previous staff will be evident to all.

+1

couldn't agree more

Running game will get clogged up. Simple football, must have some over the top threat.

are you freaking serious,do you not think Galiey will know what to do if he constantly sees eight in the box.

have you not listened to the players talk of all the shifting and motion in Galieys offense and how happy they are to see that and its going to cause defenses trouble.

with guys like spiller,nelson,evans and roscoe on the field along with lynch or jackson its pretty simple really the QB sees 8 in the box they shift out of the run and throw the freaking ball to any one of 4 guys.

you totally forget that we now have a coach who knows how to run a offense and score points. i think galiey would love to see 8 in the box because with our talent we will hurt people!

We should all just block this mpl6876 troll.

I suspect our answer to eight guys in the box will be to get them a little further away from the box. With Schouman, Spiller, Nelson, and Jackson all being very flexible players, we may see them motioning out or attacking the perimeter of the defense to spread them laterally as well as deep.