NFL Game Rewind

Being on the west coast it's easier to wait until the games are over to watch. With a young kid, new house and one and a half year marriage, my sunday's aren't free. But I do get late nights free. So I found that I really liked game rewind because that's when I was available to watch anyways.

With all of the above I'm too poor to pay for sunday ticket and ditched directtv/cable altogether. I'll resubscribe to rewind.

I also had rewind last year, and watched very few games, since they weren't available until midnight on Sunday night. I'm thinking of going with a slingbox this year, but will have to set up my parents up with a wireless internet connection first.

This is a win-win! Buy a wireless router for your dad for father's day -- tell him it's because you love him so much. Tell him he can now get a laptop he's always dreamed of. You'll get a whole bunch of praise coming to you for that. Then wait a month or two and install the Slingbox. :mellow:

Uh oh, I need to stop, I've already exceeded my personal posts quota for the year. GO BILLS!

This is a win-win! Buy a wireless router for your dad for father's day -- tell him it's because you love him so much. Tell him he can now get a laptop he's always dreamed of. You'll get a whole bunch of praise coming to you for that. Then wait a month or two and install the Slingbox. :mellow:

Uh oh, I need to stop, I've already exceeded my personal posts quota for the year. GO BILLS!

Yeah, but in reality I'm just going to get a lot of calls and complaints that it doesn't work. I've spent more time trying to keep my parents' computers usable than I'd care to remember. Old people and technology don't mix.

Hi everyone.

I recently fired all my pay TV subscriptions

I have nothing helpful to add, but I just wanted to say that I love how you phrased this. FIRED! :thumbsup:

I'm definitely going to start saying that for subscriptions as well...far more satisfying than canceling, discontinuing, etc.

"ESPN Insider has been giving me useless information so I fired its worthless ass. And GQ magazine? It showed up late last month so I fired the bastard too!" B-)

just watch the games online for free until the NFL provides a decent service for watching the games online.

Do you know if ATDHE.Net shows NFL football games? I wasn't hip to this site until around January, and caught a ton of Sabres and Celtics games...but I wasn't aware during the football season. Anyone know?

I heard that some people found a way to use NFL Game Pass from inside the US. They show live games outside the US.

I guess you would have to find a way to mask your IP address to one that is from another country. You would also have to find away to sign up for an account using an international address. If you can get over those two hurdles, I guess it would work.

Wish I knew how and had the balls to try it.

I just want to add a couple things to the Slingbox discussion.

There are two different slingboxes, the Solo and the Pro. The Solo is SD, has no tuner (you have to connect it to a dvr/set top box) and only one input. The Pro* is HD (1080i), has a tuner (no set top box or DVR required) and has multiple inputs (connect a dvr, dvd player, etc).

You need a fast upload speed, I think the Solo requires upload speeds of 512k or more and Pro requires a 1mb upload. My mom has a slow (512k I think) connection so my Solo can get a bit grainy, to the point you cant read the numbers of the players and the graphics on the screen at some points.

Prices vary from place to place, look around, you will find better prices than you will pay if you purchase directly from Slingmedia.

I would suggest you purchase a Solo, as the reviews I have read about the Pro say the HD quality is only worthwile if you are on the same network as the sling (basically the same house). Broadcasting HD over the Sling Pro requires alot of bandwidth that would cost a fortune.

Oh, and for those of you thinking it (I know I did), only one user can be logged into the slingbox at a time.

*Current version of Slingbox Pro is HD, previous version was only SD.

This is kind of a follow up to this topic.

Has anyone got any information on a site called gigstreams? It seems to be too good to be true, so it most likely is. They claim you can watch everything you can get on satellite for a one time only charge. I've tried to do some research on it, but cannot find anything on it other than its own propaganda. Has anyone used it or know how this works?

Please do not visit this site just because I asked about it. I would not want to be responsible for causing anyone problems because they check out the site because of my curiosity. If you know something and would like to share that would be great, but as always please use caution!

That's in advance!