Sanchez on Bush, "sometimes kids want to take"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez essentially admits that Reggie took the benefits at USC...something we all knew, but nonetheless a boneheaded remark by dirty Sanchez

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...s-want-to-take/

Actually, it's a very honest statement of what has been quite obvious to the public for many years. Bush broke a rule, he didn't steal from, beat up, rape or drive over anyone.

Yes, we all knew this stuff goes on. Yet you expect Sanchez to pretend he's shocked and disappointed that this 18 year old accepted a gift form some guy who knew better? He's not condoning it, but he has chosen not to judge Bush.

That's simply gratuitous criticism for a rival AFCE QB.

Actually, it's a very honest statement of what has been quite obvious to the public for many years. Bush broke a rule, he didn't steal from, beat up, rape or drive over anyone.

Yes, we all knew this stuff goes on. Yet you expect Sanchez to pretend he's shocked and disappointed that this 18 year old accepted a gift form some guy who knew better? He's not condoning it, but he has chosen not to judge Bush.

I bet you that those left to deal with the carnage that Bush created for the university and football program are much harsher in their criticism of him.

The primary culprits in this tawdry affair are the parents. They were receiving major benefits by exploiting the talents of their son. Their son was more than a son to them. Their son was an asset which could be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I bet you that those left to deal with the carnage that Bush created for the university and football program are much harsher in their criticism of him.

The primary culprits in this tawdry affair are the parents. They were receiving major benefits by exploiting the talents of their son. Their son was more than a son to them. Their son was an asset which could be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Those are some harsh words John.

Those are some harsh words John.

His parents were living in a well to do house for years rent free and getting payments. They went to the out of town games and put up in hotels at no cost to them. All these benefits were payed for by a want to be agent. When Reggie Bush decided to hire another agent the jilted agent turned Bush and the family in. That is how this affair came to the attention of the NCAA investigators.

The Bush family was cashing in on their son's football talents. How else can you characterize their actions?

No doubt that is true, but irrelevant to this psot. It doesn't change the fact that Sanchez was simply stating the obvious--and he was not condining what Bush did. No need to attack the guy for that, just because he plays for the Jets.

Everyone knows he did it and it has been proven. I hope the NCAA deny's USC's appeal, they yank the heisman and the title.

Sometimes things are so blatantly obvious that they are blatantly obvious. If the university wants to appeal, that is fine. That is part of the process. They will lose. Instead of the Heisman foundation legally compelling Bush to give the trophy back he should man up and give it back.

Big time football is about big time money. That is what all these conference realigning is really all about. When it gets to the point that some programs don't even bother faking that they are following the rules then it is time to hammer some of these wayward programs.

Sometimes things are so blatantly obvious that they are blatantly obvious. If the university wants to appeal, that is fine. That is part of the process. They will lose. Instead of the Heisman foundation legally compelling Bush to give the trophy back he should man up and give it back.

Big time football is about big time money. That is what all these conference realigning is really all about. When it gets to the point that some programs don't even bother faking that they are following the rules then it is time to hammer some of these wayward programs.

He didn't earn the Heisman on the field? Did he use PEDs or get some other advantage?

No doubt that is true, but irrelevant to this psot. It doesn't change the fact that Sanchez was simply stating the obvious--and he was not condining what Bush did. No need to attack the guy for that, just because he plays for the Jets.

Did you read my post? How did you ever come up with your interpretation of my comments? Where did I attack him? You are doing what Neeraj does, you create your own interpretation and then argue off of your distortions.

You can do better than that. I know you are better than that.

He didn't earn the Heisman on the field? Did he use PEDs or get some other advantage?

You are getting outlandish on this topic. Reggie Bush should never have earned a Heisman for the simple fact that he should not have qualified to be on the field because of his violation of rules. It is like an ineligible player who is later found out to be ineligible after he finished playing. What normally occurs afterwards is that the games in which he played in his team is disqualified.

Whether reggie Bush used PEDs or other advantages is irrelevant. There are a variety of ways to get oneself disqualified. Taking money or benefits certainly falls within that scope. Cheating is cheating. It has many forms. Reggie Bush not only cheated but grossly cheated. He should give the Heisman trophy back, if not, the Heisman Foundation should fight to get it back from this scoundrel.

Did you read my post? How did you ever come up with your interpretation of my comments? Where did I attack him? You are doing what Neeraj does, you create your own interpretation and then argue off of your distortions.

Relax, John---I am not saying you are attacking him. I was referring to the OP. I am not disagreeing with you at all, especially about his parents. Attacking Sanchez (as the OP did) for his completely innocuous comments is just dumb.

As for the Heisman argument---just stirring the pot a bit. I was trying to steer the argument towrds the larger issue of whether players are exploited by the NCAA and their schools yet are crucified for taking some living money on the side.

Bush earned the trophy for his play. He also broke a rule. The rule he broke in no way affected his ability to play on the field.

I'm under the impression that he stole from the government, correct? He and his parents did not pay taxes on any of those "gifts." What is the threshold on gifts like this? Is it still under?

You are getting outlandish on this topic. Reggie Bush should never have earned a Heisman for the simple fact that he should not have qualified to be on the field because of his violation of rules. It is like an ineligible player who is later found out to be ineligible after he finished playing. What normally occurs afterwards is that the games in which he played in his team is disqualified.

Whether reggie Bush used PEDs or other advantages is irrelevant. There are a variety of ways to get oneself disqualified. Taking money or benefits certainly falls within that scope. Cheating is cheating. It has many forms. Reggie Bush not only cheated but grossly cheated. He should give the Heisman trophy back, if not, the Heisman Foundation should fight to get it back from this scoundrel.

Exactly. Right on the trophy it says something about abiding by the rules of the NCAA. That fact alone would be why they would take the trophy back.

As for the Heisman argument---just stirring the pot a bit. I was trying to steer the argument towrds the larger issue of whether players are exploited by the NCAA and their schools yet are crucified for taking some living money on the side.

It is not as if the players don't receive a benefit playing for the university. With the cost of attending and boarding at a private university such as USC the players, if they take advantage of their scholarships, are getting in the range of $50, 000 worth of benefits per year. Again, assuming that the players are wise enough to take advantage of their scholarships, they can get a college education debt free. That is not a trivial payment for their services.

I'm not a purist on the charade of amateur athletics. I see nothing wrong, especially in these high income programs, with players getting an increase in their stipend (walk around) money.

Reggie Bush was a high profile player playing in a high profile program. That certainly enhanced his ability to develop and showcase his talents. Playing at a school such as USC helped him to be drafted very high which resulted in a gold plated contract by a pro team. The Reggie Bush affair is not about him being exploited by the university. It is more about him exploiting the school and hurting a lot of innocent people.

Bush earned the trophy for his play. He also broke a rule. The rule he broke in no way affected his ability to play on the field.

The point I and others previously made is simple: Because he broke a rule he should never have been on the field.

Ahh good old Knee Jerk Neeraj.

Aint seen him but twice on the D&C in the past year.

"Their son was an asset which could be auctioned off to the highest bidder." Was a much cruder way of saying what you just said about Bush.

His talents got him to a positoin to where he could be exploited and was. to his and his families advantage.

Ahh good old Knee Jerk Neeraj.

Aint seen him but twice on the D&C in the past year.

"Their son was an asset which could be auctioned off to the highest bidder." Was a much cruder way of saying what you just said about Bush.

His talents got him to a positoin to where he could be exploited and was. to his and his families advantage.

The D&C forum is not in existence. It was withering on the vine anyway.

My buddy Neeraj is here posting away. He is a loyal company man, all the way. When I say up; he says down. When I say down; he says up. When I say yes; he says no. When I say no; he says yes. I am the ying; he is the yang. When I become the yang; he becomes the ying. LOL

His alias is Doc. He is still dueling with WEO. He can't live without him.