New QB possibility? Free agent to be

Quinn? Why would we even consider him? What is wrong with our current QB roster? I have faith that Chan can make Edwards a great QB like he did with Thygpen and Stewart. Come on give the coaching staff a chance. Quinn is a bum and not an upgrade.

Thigpen and Stewart were never close to great quarterbacks, in fact Stewart had one or two capable years, and Thigpen not even that. Brady Quinn hasn't had a chance in the NFL, there is a better than average chance that he would turn out way better than anything on our roster. I would say, pick up Quinn, send Fitz packing somewhere (unemployment line most likely) and have Quinn and Edwards compete for the starting position.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Mrs. Tebow. I can see little Timmy in Canton now. Now Clausen....there's another HOF Buddy whiffed on... Oh and Colt...blah..blah...blah

Very funny Green Lightning. This was way typical of just about every Tebow-hater post leading up to the draft, until the Broncos, a highly respected organization with two SB Championships on their resume, drafted him in the first round, and began to work with him immediatley on his poor throwing techniques. And, with "little Timmy's" work ethic, he seems to be slowly working his way up the less then Pro-Bowl caliber Broncos' QB depth chart 6 weeks before training camp even starts.

That's the thing I liked about Tebow all along. He was a winner in college, and has a great work ethic. But sure, I would have been happy if Buddy drafted Clausen or McCoy or even Tony Pike. You 2010 QB haters really must be mocking the Panthers right about now eh? They drafted both Clausen and Pike before Buddy drafted Eli Brown in round 7. But who knows? Buddy Nix is a lifetime football guy with a keen eye for talent, so maybe Eli Brown might end up being the Bills franchise QB if he hangs in there a couple of years learning the ropes. Anything is possible.

I think the whole Tebow situation in Denver is hilarious. While I predicted Tebow should have been the Bills pick at number 9 overall, and everyone thought I was crazy, he now seems to be the front runner before training camp even starts, to win the starting job for another NFL team that did draft him in Round One. And to think I started to waver and just hope the Bills would grab him in the second round, after reading all the posts out here and in other publications at how Tebow would never make it at QB. Oops. Tebow was not around for the second roud was he......yes sir, Denver took him later in the first round.

Simply laughable. Yeah, that Tebow will need 4 years to figure out how to hold the football and where to release it from, right all of you "experts" out there?? Look for Tebow to be starting QB for the Broncos no later then half way through this season. And by then, with the way things go for the Bills at QB since Jimbo retired 13 freakin' years ago, our offensive geniuses who have taken over the Bills will most likely be benching Edwards and going onto their second choice also. The difference is the Broncos will be playing Tebow because I believe he will be their franchise QB for the next decade and will decide not to waste his entire rookie season. While Gailey will simply be benching Edwards because he will suck even trying to run his great offensive scheme, and Chan's second choice will not be the Bills Franchise QB, will he??

I hope we get our 10 year guy next year...

GO BILLS!

Very funny Green Lightning. This was way typical of just about every Tebow-hater post leading up to the draft, until the Broncos, a highly respected organization with two SB Championships on their resume, drafted him in the first round, and began to work with him immediatley on his poor throwing techniques. And, with "little Timmy's" work ethic, he seems to be slowly working his way up the less then Pro-Bowl caliber Broncos' QB depth chart 6 weeks before training camp even starts.

That's the thing I liked about Tebow all along. He was a winner in college, and has a great work ethic. But sure, I would have been happy if Buddy drafted Clausen or McCoy or even Tony Pike. You 2010 QB haters really must be mocking the Panthers right about now eh? They drafted both Clausen and Pike before Buddy drafted Eli Brown in round 7. But who knows? Buddy Nix is a lifetime football guy with a keen eye for talent, so maybe Eli Brown might end up being the Bills franchise QB if he hangs in there a couple of years learning the ropes. Anything is possible.

And maybe if he does become our franchise QB you'll have noticed that his name is Levi Brown. :huh:

And maybe if he does become our franchise QB you'll have noticed that his name is Levi Brown. :flirt:

Oh that's right....LEVI Brown. Sorry. Time will tell, but I'd still feel better about the Bills future if Tebow were in the mix instead of LEVI Brown. But I'm hearing that most of the first team snaps are going to Edwards anyway, so it appears that until he goes down with his annual 2 to 4 game injury, Gailey will give Trent his chance to lose the starting job.

Wrong Bill. You get Trent with a beter arm, aka JP Lossman.

quinns game has never been the deep ball, he's been more of a dink-n-dunker, and one of the many criticisms ive read about him is that like edwards he lacks the top end arm strength to drive the ball downfield frequently and successfully.

quinns game has never been the deep ball, he's been more of a dink-n-dunker, and one of the many criticisms ive read about him is that like edwards he lacks the top end arm strength to drive the ball downfield frequently and successfully.

Ok fair enough. Not saying he is a good quarterback and indeed in reality he has not got a Lossman/Russell type arm, but I did think he could make all the throws which I have some doubt about in Trent's case. I thought the dinking and dunking was more a reflection of his lousy receiving corps and resulting Mangini game plan.

Ok fair enough. Not saying he is a good quarterback and indeed in reality he has not got a Lossman/Russell type arm, but I did think he could make all the throws which I have some doubt about in Trent's case. I thought the dinking and dunking was more a reflection of his lousy receiving corps and resulting Mangini game plan.

Both Quinn and Edwards can make most, if not all, of the throws. Edwards' issue really isn't arm strength, it's an unwillingness to let the damn thing go, IMO.

Uhhh, Quinn's not eligible for the practice squad.

Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team's squad unless that team's active roster never dips below 53 players.

And even if Quinn was eligible, does anyone think he'd accept being paid $5200/week (less than $90K per year) to be on the practice squad?

Chalk one up for reading comprehension. Thanks, Numark.

Not saying he definitely won't be released…but I'd be willing to put money on it. And regardless, as the other guys pointed out, the article wasn't about Quinn being released.

No, thank you. And if you are willing to put money on quinn getting released, I am game.

No, thank you. And if you are willing to put money on quinn getting released, I am game.

Actually I was trying to make the point (rather poorly in retrospect) that I doubt very much that Quinn will be released.

I was lauding you, milehilou, and NoSaint for making the point that this thread had turned into a discussion based on a faulty assumption. The article was about how he could possibly be inactive on Sundays, not that he might be released. Some people picked up on that, others seemingly didn't.