Tecmo Bowl - Throwback

1B4IDie

Anyone with a PS3 that used to spend hours on Tecmo Bowl back in the day should spend the $9 for Tecmo Bowl - Throwback.

The Buffalo Team rules.

#12 is a rock solid QB

#34 is hard to bring down out of the Backfield

#83, and #82 have solid hands and always get open.

#78 and #97 on Defense are studs.

Definitely earns the Throwback moniker.

Yes KC RBs which just happen to have the same numbers as Okoye and Word are impossible to stop.

I tried the Bo Jackson sweep and I was getting stuffed more than I remember in the past.

It does seem to be a little smarter when it comes to tackling on running plays. Not much smarter but you can't just zig zag up and down the field like I remember when I was kid or maybe I'm just rusty.

PLus remember Philly had Cunningham so they had that QB sweep that has hard to stop plus when you play as Philly you can just send all the WRs deep and then run Randell under them for 15 yards.

Houston is also pretty dope with the run and shoot.

Anyone remember "Joe Montana sports talk football"?

Robot Pat Summerall voice saying such great lines as:

"It's. Beginning. To. Snow. . . . . . I. Can't. Believe. It"

"The. Kicking. Team. Comes. On. . . . . . .It's. 1st. Down. . . . . I. Can't. Believe. It"

"The. Kicking. Team. Comes. On. . . . . . .It's. 1st. Down. . . . . I. Can't. Believe. It"

Vaguely, I remember it. I also remember Mike Ditka football. One again, vaguely. lol

How could I forget that?! Wasn't that the first game with play by play announcers? Graphics weren't half bad either, if I recollect properly. Before that, there was John Elway football for the Nintendo. Heck, I even remember playing the original John Madden football on my PC on 5 1/4" floppy disks!