Before this gets lost in the shuffle...

Rubes

...during last week's game against Seattle, let the record show that, for perhaps the first time since the Clinton era, the Buffalo Bills successfully and convincingly executed what apparently was the most mentally challenging play for these gentlemen: the screen pass.

Although I guess that depends on your definition of "successfully", since prior to last week that essentially meant "completing the play without an interception, fumble, or sack."

Welcome back to the playbook.

And I'll have it noted that I for several years now have stated we needed a "REAL" running back. That none of the guys on the roster were more than a stopgap. I also proceeded to get lambasted but continued to make my point and bring up the inane and moronic play that they were all making.

I feel vindicated that others are finally realizing that maybe I knew what the !@#$ I was saying. That maybe having a complete back opens up the offense to actually play action pass, run outside, screen and go downfield passing to a running back. To actually let the offensive line only have to worry about blocking the defensive linemen and know that the backs will pick up the blitzing line backers and safeties.

Now people are starting to see what happens when you have a "REAL" running back. Welcome to reality people.

And I'll have it noted that I for several years now have stated we needed a "REAL" running back.  That none of the guys on the roster were more than a stopgap.  I also proceeded to get lambasted but continued to make my point and bring up the inane and moronic play that they were all making. 

I feel vindicated that others are finally realizing that maybe I knew what the !@#$ I was saying.  That maybe having a complete back opens up the offense to actually play action pass, run outside, screen and go downfield passing to a running back.  To actually let the offensive line only have to worry about blocking the defensive linemen and know that the backs will pick up the blitzing line backers and safeties. 

Now people are starting to see what happens when you have a "REAL" running back.  Welcome to reality people.

141071[/snapback]

Va, very ICE like of you :lol: In all seriousness, you were indeed correct on all counts and should be commended for that. I have always just felt (and still do) that though you're points on TH were valid, they were often exaggerated beyond "REAL".

And I'll have it noted that I for several years now have stated we needed a "REAL" running back.  That none of the guys on the roster were more than a stopgap.

141071[/snapback]

Ok, which previous Bills RB would you say most closely resembles Travis Henry's place in Bills history?

Terry Miller

Joe Cribbs

Robb Riddick

Greg Bell

Antowain Smith

I'd guess Bell or Miller. They could be productive in spurts but not take you to the next level. A couple good seasons on abysmal teams, then gone.

You are correct sir. When it happened I pointed this out to the entire Central NJ Backer Crew.

There was a (brief) moment of reverent silence.

I noted the time and date.

:lol:

141053[/snapback]

Since when does 'Central NJ Bills Backers' and 'silecne' ever go together?

How many footballs were tossed at the screen at Shaun Alexander?

Ok, which previous Bills RB would you say most closely resembles Travis Henry's place in Bills history?

Terry Miller

Joe Cribbs

Robb Riddick

Greg Bell

Antowain Smith

I'd guess Bell or Miller. They could be productive in spurts but not take you to the next level. A couple good seasons on abysmal teams, then gone.

141150[/snapback]

I'd say Smith. Just because he had a lot of the same failing. In fact, and this is my opinion, I believe Antowain Smith is a better back than Travis because he had some speed for the edge. He also didn't fumble.

I'd say Smith.  Just because he had a lot of the same failing. In fact, and this is my opinion, I believe Antowain Smith is a better back than Travis because he had some speed for the edge.  He also didn't fumble.

141171[/snapback]

Yes, but Travis actually had the ability to gain yardage.

As for your other post, I can't really argue other than to say that I think the previous absence of a working screen pass from our offense probably had more to do with the offensive line and Drew than the running back. It just seemed like, in the past, the call for a screen pass was somehow interpreted by the offensive line as "take a breather on this next play, guys".

That, and Drew just always seemed to have a problem tossing the ball under five yards.

Terry Miller

Joe Cribbs

Robb Riddick

Greg Bell

Antowain Smith

141150[/snapback]

Neither of those guys. Miller was smallish, sure, but he was an excellent receiver.

Bell was a good sized dude who ran with power and was good with the Rams as well.

I would probably say A. Smith simply because of their "one-dimensioness" but there's really little point in trying to compare these players. Travis is a severely limited player who isn't likely to get any better than he already is.

QUOTE(richNjoisy @ Dec 1 2004, 11:07 AM)

You are correct sir. When it happened I pointed this out to the entire Central NJ Backer Crew.

There was a (brief) moment of reverent silence.

I noted the time and date.

tongue.gif

Since when does 'Central NJ Bills Backers' and 'silence' ever go together?

How many footballs were tossed at the screen at Shaun Alexander?

Answer to question 1: Seldom

Answer to question 2: Zero but many -a -barb was thrown at announcer Don Criqui (sp?) for his inane and stupid/lost comments. The man appears to be close to being brain-dead. And when will tasker get high enough in the ranks to feel safe making "nice" comments about the Bills. In his defense, Paul MacGurie was like that for years until he became "famous" enough so that he could harp on for hours about his beloved Bills.

Answer to question 1: Seldom

Answer to question 2: Zero but many -a -barb was thrown at announcer Don Criqui (sp?) for his inane and stupid/lost comments. The man appears to be close to being brain-dead. And when will tasker get high enough in the ranks to feel safe making "nice" comments about the Bills. In his defense, Paul MacGurie was like that for years until he became "famous" enough so that he could harp on for hours about his beloved Bills.

141326[/snapback]

I figured 'seldom' was about right. I'll bet it was a blast. If I could, I'd try to get up there for another game this year. How many more before I can become an honorary member of the CNJBBB? Hahaha!!!

I figured 'seldom' was about right. I'll bet it was a blast. If I could, I'd try to get up there for another game this year. How many more before I can become an honorary member of the CNJBBB? Hahaha!!!

Just say the word, and we'll put your name down on our website as an honorary member.

But, it will cost you TWICE what the usual fee is

2 X zero = .....hmmmmmm

:lol: