Hardy will be the #2 WR

I think he has the right mindset and has certainly learned alot. I am expecting BIG things from him this year. (I also think Steve Johnson and Parrish/C. Jackson will step up and come into their own. Easley will probably take a year).

I like some things James Hardy said and the way he said them...

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/29/1065...big-things.html

Confidence:

"Most definitely, it's mine," he said after the Bills' first week of organized team activities. "I'm going for it. You will see me out there. I feel that this is my breakout season."

Excited and Intense:

"Every guy wants to be out on the field and show that they can contribute to the team, especially when we weren't winning," he said. "I felt that I could do things to help, but at the same time I only can do when my number is called. My number wasn't called last year and now it is. The past is the past. I'm putting it all behind me and I'm ready to go."

Educated/Motivated:

"I learned how to practice every day, how to go all out every rep," Hardy said. "I learned how to watch film. He came to my house; I went to his house often. He showed me how to break film down, what to look at as far as defenders, how to read defenses and how to have a certain communication with the quarterback on certain routes that you want to run."

READY TO STEP UP:

"It's a good pressure in my eyes," he said. "I feel the work that I've done since they have been here and them seeing how hard I'm going to work to be that second receiver had a lot to do with them not picking up any extra guys. Just having the right system and the right plays to get me involved, which coach Gailey is bringing in now, I'm just so excited and I feel they are, too."

The one thing I like about Hardy this season is that he seems to have the right mindset going into the season. He has the height and speed to be a productive receiver however he needs to know how to run routs and use his height. In two years (Part of it due to his injury) the guy hasn't improved his route running and he hasn't got the idea that he can use his fat Chinese ass to get in front of much smaller DB's.

All in all I don't expect big things from Hardy BUT I do think that Hardy does have a realistic chance to be a productive receiver this season.

Given his physical advantage, Hardy probably is the odds-on favorite to win the #2 wide receiver job this year over guys like Johnson, Parrish and Jackson. On top of that, the quotes you posted are indeed encouraging.

But in the words of many wise men on this board, show me the baby. Anything approaching 600 yards and 5 TDs this year from Hardy will impress me.

Given his physical advantage, Hardy probably is the odds-on favorite to win the #2 wide receiver job this year over guys like Johnson, Parrish and Jackson. On top of that, the quotes you posted are indeed encouraging.

But in the words of many wise men on this board, show me the baby. Anything approaching 600 yards and 5 TDs this year from Hardy will impress me.

All in all 50 receptions 600 yards and 5 TD's from Hardy would be really impressive considering our O-line and QB isn't going to make our air attack any good. Hopefully Hardy is healthy and learned from his first two seasons in the NFL and is mentally ready as well.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...p;type=position

The '08 2nd rnd wrs - looks like its' been a 50-50 coin flip bunch so far. BUF is in the same boat as several other clubs, paying 2nd round money without much production to show for it so far. The BUF staff, as well as some others, are going to face some tough decisions come final cut time.

Edited by stuckincincy

We really don't know - and won't - until after training camp, where the recievers will line up because it is open competition and they are all learning a new system. We do know that Hardy has the size that the new coach and GM would like to see on the outside, so that's a plus for him. So, too, do Johnson and Easley, though. The prior regime, it seemed, grabbed Hardy mostly with the redzone in mind - toss it up to him within the ten yard line and he'll outjump any db in the league. Well, we've got Nelson, too, who's 6-5.

I like our WR options. I know they're all untested, for the most part - but, as an advantage, they're all young, too. Anyway, we could have Johnson, Hardy, Nelson, and Easley out there on a 3WR, 1 TE set and, I think our shortest guy would be 6-2. On the other hand, a group with Evans, Parrish, Easley, Jackson, and Spiller out of the backfield - and you've got blazing speed everywhere. Even Nelson is fast, though, if you want a TE in there. Yeah, I like our group of wideouts.

As for the #2 spot - I think Gailey will be moving our WR's around a lot this year to create mismatches and to confuse the defenses. So, I think we'll see stuff like Evans in the slot with Hardy and maybe Easley on the outside, at times, for example.

Hardy will play, because the Bills have no other options

too bad it does not mean he will be productive.

He is really tall, but lacks every other trait needed to be an effective WR in the NFL

let's see how good those college coaches really are

I think he has the right mindset and has certainly learned alot. I am expecting BIG things from him this year. (I also think Steve Johnson and Parrish/C. Jackson will step up and come into their own. Easley will probably take a year).

I like some things James Hardy said and the way he said them...

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/29/1065...big-things.html

Confidence:

"Most definitely, it's mine," he said after the Bills' first week of organized team activities. "I'm going for it. You will see me out there. I feel that this is my breakout season."

Excited and Intense:

"Every guy wants to be out on the field and show that they can contribute to the team, especially when we weren't winning," he said. "I felt that I could do things to help, but at the same time I only can do when my number is called. My number wasn't called last year and now it is. The past is the past. I'm putting it all behind me and I'm ready to go."

Educated/Motivated:

"I learned how to practice every day, how to go all out every rep," Hardy said. "I learned how to watch film. He came to my house; I went to his house often. He showed me how to break film down, what to look at as far as defenders, how to read defenses and how to have a certain communication with the quarterback on certain routes that you want to run."

READY TO STEP UP:

"It's a good pressure in my eyes," he said. "I feel the work that I've done since they have been here and them seeing how hard I'm going to work to be that second receiver had a lot to do with them not picking up any extra guys. Just having the right system and the right plays to get me involved, which coach Gailey is bringing in now, I'm just so excited and I feel they are, too."

The old phrase "talk is cheap" comes to mind.

Guest dog14787
The old phrase "talk is cheap" comes to mind.

Yes it does, and you know I'm glad james Hardy has a positive attitude and I want him to succeed, but show me some game.

Guest dog14787
Hardy's biggest problem is that he lacks any sort of physical coordination. If he can get past that, I expect a big year out of him.

lol, you know he does seem a bit clumsy and kinda awkward looking on the football field :rolleyes:

Hardy's biggest problem is that he lacks any sort of physical coordination. If he can get past that, I expect a big year out of him.

He sure has in his short stint in the NFL. But go youtube his college highlights. Plenty of athleticism, must be in there somewhere. Not knowing what you're doing and what the defense is doing can do that to you.

Hardy has had problems getting separation and Edwards will not throw it into a tight spot, so I doubt he's getting a lot of balls thrown to him unless He has figured out how to get off the line of scrimmage a hell of a lot better than he use to.

The one thing I like about Hardy this season is that he seems to have the right mindset going into the season. He has the height and speed to be a productive receiver however he needs to know how to run routs and use his height. In two years (Part of it due to his injury) the guy hasn't improved his route running and he hasn't got the idea that he can use his fat Chinese ass to get in front of much smaller DB's.

All in all I don't expect big things from Hardy BUT I do think that Hardy does have a realistic chance to be a productive receiver this season.

Fat Chinese ass?

Fat and Chinese huh? :rolleyes:

One other thing that works in Hardy's favor is that Buddy Nix has stated a preference for taller, bigger wide receivers. And if you look at the San Diego Chargers roster last season, that is borne out.

Vincent Jackson 6'5"

Malcolm Floyd 6'5"

Kassim Osgood 6'5"

Legedu Naanee 6'2"

Craig Davis 6'1"

Jeremy Childs 6'0"

At 6'5" Hardy fits the physical prototype. I think a lot of his physical awkwardness to date has to do with the speed (mostly mental) of the pro game. Like Buffalonian-at-Heart stated above, if you look at the tapes of him at Indiana, there's plenty of athleticism. I think the game will slow down for him and as a result, he will play faster and smoother.

We really don't know - and won't - until after training camp, where the recievers will line up because it is open competition and they are all learning a new system. We do know that Hardy has the size that the new coach and GM would like to see on the outside, so that's a plus for him. So, too, do Johnson and Easley, though. The prior regime, it seemed, grabbed Hardy mostly with the redzone in mind - toss it up to him within the ten yard line and he'll outjump any db in the league. Well, we've got Nelson, too, who's 6-5.

I like our WR options. I know they're all untested, for the most part - but, as an advantage, they're all young, too. Anyway, we could have Johnson, Hardy, Nelson, and Easley out there on a 3WR, 1 TE set and, I think our shortest guy would be 6-2. On the other hand, a group with Evans, Parrish, Easley, Jackson, and Spiller out of the backfield - and you've got blazing speed everywhere. Even Nelson is fast, though, if you want a TE in there. Yeah, I like our group of wideouts.

As for the #2 spot - I think Gailey will be moving our WR's around a lot this year to create mismatches and to confuse the defenses. So, I think we'll see stuff like Evans in the slot with Hardy and maybe Easley on the outside, at times, for example.

I think your living in "fantasy Land." Not meant to be rude. On paper, this receiving core is probably one the worst in the NFL. All we have is Lee Evans who is a fantastic WR. He will be double and triple teamed like always and his skills will be greatly taken away. Teams will blitz our QB like always. This has been a recipe to beat us for years. Bottom line, we need to have a QB who can throw the ball down field and a OL who can protect him. I don't think this regime has addressed these two glaring needs very well.

On the positive side, maybe the young guys can progress meaning the OL, TE, and WR.

Maybe Gailey can "work his magic with another medicore QB."

Lets hope so. Go Bills

Easley=raw= same as hardy if not worst his rookie year

Easley was drafted as a project WR AND as a Special teams player. We needed some help on special teams last year we were pretty horrible on Special Teams and Easley was a guy we drafted to help on that end (Also Spiller should help in the return game). Easley was a special teams beast his 1st three seasons in college before having a break out year as a WR in his senior year.

So even if Easley doesn't pan out as a top 3 WR he could still serve as a core special teams player much like David Tyree did for the Giants (Tyree might be remembered for the flee to Tyree in that Super Bowl but for many years he was a dynamic special teams player for the Giants).