Mods, please bann ajzepp. His avatar is offensive, and stands in

I say leave it too! Is there anymore a bandwagon fan you have ever seen!

:lol::lol:

Hey AJ= ;)

Yeah, all Blackhawks fans. Remember before they went on all their Free Agency splurges, there was no one in the stands? Not to mention Brian Campbell is on the team. Go Flyers!

Yeah, all Blackhawks fans. Remember before they went on all their Free Agency splurges, there was no one in the stands? Not to mention Brian Campbell is on the team. Go Flyers!

You missed the one key moment in all of that. Dollar Bill died.

It sucks that he seems to be an all around good guy, but when you allow for a flyers avatar, the terrorists have won.

You can't catch me! :lol:

Besides, you guys should be happy....the Flyers are down 0-2! Banning me may reverse the karma and be good luck for them ;)

YEP! For years I joked they were BFLO's farm team! Hasek, Dumont, etc..

Like I said... I go to the games BFLO plays in Chicago ONLY. Man the 'Hawks org was pestering me a few years ago to get season's and game packs... I told them off... I still would. I root for the 'Hawks but my pocket book will only go to the Slugs and indirectly to the 'Hawks... Like games in Chicago or FREE tickets to see other teams. ;)

You missed the one key moment in all of that. Dollar Bill died.

True, but I think they were laying the foundation before that happened. Dollar Bill's been dead less than three years.

Then the son takes over, and reaps the benefits. The 'Hawks are the toast of Chicago now.

True, but I think they were laying the foundation before that happened. Dollar Bill's been dead less than three years.

Then the son takes over, and reaps the benefits. The 'Hawks are the toast of Chicago now.

They were... By surpressing the market when Bill was alive. The market is huge, but you would have never known that prior to Bill's death. I still can't figure out the reasoning beyond the logic that simply Bill was setting up Rocky? Again, the market was totally surpressed and was set to explode upon (even the whiff of) success on ice. There has to be some sort of business logic here and what Bill thought??... No? Or was he just too old-school? He wasn't a slouch businesswise... Didn't old-man Wirtz graduate from Brown back in the day?

:lol::worthy:

Man, son Rocky does look like him... But DOES NOT act like him! On another note, are the Sabres the only team the Bowman's (Scottie and now Stan with Chicago) ever failed with? <_<:D

I guess it depends on how you define fail. He never won in St Louis. They were an expansion team at that point, but he did take them to the finals in each of their first three seasons. Then again, the NHL put all the expansion teams into one division, so one of them had to earn the right to lose to Montreal.

It's a lot like the Pittsburgh situation. They sucked for a long time at just the right time to draft a lot of talent. You have to wonder though if they would have kept their big two and also added to that roster if he had still been around.

I guess it depends on how you define fail. He never won in St Louis. They were an expansion team at that point, but he did take them to the finals in each of their first three seasons. Then again, the NHL put all the expansion teams into one division, so one of them had to earn the right to lose to Montreal.

It's a lot like the Pittsburgh situation. They sucked for a long time at just the right time to draft a lot of talent. You have to wonder though if they would have kept their big two and also added to that roster if he had still been around.

I hope the Pens burn in h*ll.

I went to games when I lived there - when they stunk. Then they got their hands on Lemieux. Next season, they jacked up tix prices, demanded that you buy multiple-game "packages" if you wanted to see a game with the Oilers etc. They bought a bunch of folding wooden chairs which were put in the aisles behind permanent seating, and extracted full price for the privilege of watching the back of somebody's head.

Season tix holders had something called the "Igloo Club." When Mario came, the next year they were told that the ticket blocks that they purchased for a long time so they could sit together...were no more.

<_<