J.P signs with Seahawks

OK...so let me understand this.....my wishing injury on someone is reprehensible, but your wishing injury on two others is justifiable? And don't give me that "he was a classy guy" crap. That spells h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e through and through. Laughable.

let me give you a link to check out in regards to how well you understood what I said

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you chose to respond to my post with this as mine pertained to Peters only. But I agree with you none the less. Losman did a poor job of reading the safety (Elam, who DID a good job disguising) and made an even worse play by trying to force the ball in that situation. Like you said, either throw it away or take the sack. Just reinforces my and many others' assertions that JP lacks certain, shall we say, "necessities" (hello, Al Campanis) to do the job of NFL QB.

That said, I sincerely hope he can get it together mentally. He's got all the physical attributes you'd want in a QB otherwise.

GO BILLS!!!

just cause you were talking about the play and this is a jp thread. i got it bro. you focused on peters making a nice move. i got you bro.

Yet a guy as lacking in cerebral skills as JP...

Maybe it is more soothing for you to pretend that JP was some famous Buffalo man of the people--a civic hero because he "actually lived in the city" and did a few hgihly publicized PR cleanups.

To the first part, I would say...exactly. he 'ain't' a rocket scientist by all accounts. But that doesn't mean he didn't try. I think by most public accounts (coaches at the time; Jaws etc) he was putting forth effort. Again, I don't think any of us are in a position to know for sure. I can teach a 16 year old to drive a car safely and follow the rules of the road...but if we then take the velocity to 190mph he may 'crack.' We can take him to a race course and have him practice at steadily increasing velocity but it doesn't mean everyone will become a 'great race driver.'

JP may have tried to get better....but he clearly kept 'crashing.'

there is nothing 'soothing' about what he did. I just think the guy deserves a little credibility for at least trying to publicly prop up 'his' city. Even if he did it half heartedly....he did it.

In any event, I appreciate the dialogue and we can agree to disagree.

I read it..I saw you "took it back"....I also read the earlier post where you did wish injury on those two....and you basically stated Peters and McGahee were classless and made a lot of money, which made it ok for them to be injured. I'm not disagreeing with that fact, I am taking issue with the hypocrisy.

I read it..I saw you "took it back"....I also read the earlier post where you did wish injury on those two....and you basically stated Peters and McGahee were classless and made a lot of money, which made it ok for them to be injured. I'm not disagreeing with that fact, I am taking issue with the hypocrisy.

let me dumb it down for you

wishing misfortune on good person=bad

being happy for misfortune happening to bad person=not so bad

Hey Philster, never argue with morons, they will only drag you down to their level where they have way more experience with simple thinking, and beat you.

case in point - look at his next reply... sounds a little like "I know you are but what am I?" Doesn't it? For someone who doesn't care what people think, there sure are a lot of posts in this thread from him. I think it best to let him wear himself out, most people seem to agree that wishing harm on anyone is really a classless comment.

We're not all angels on here, but I do think it's time posts like his first one simply get deleted.

To the first part, I would say...exactly. he 'ain't' a rocket scientist by all accounts. But that doesn't mean he didn't try. I think by most public accounts (coaches at the time; Jaws etc) he was putting forth effort. Again, I don't think any of us are in a position to know for sure. I can teach a 16 year old to drive a car safely and follow the rules of the road...but if we then take the velocity to 190mph he may 'crack.' We can take him to a race course and have him practice at steadily increasing velocity but it doesn't mean everyone will become a 'great race driver.'

JP may have tried to get better....but he clearly kept 'crashing.'

there is nothing 'soothing' about what he did. I just think the guy deserves a little credibility for at least trying to publicly prop up 'his' city. Even if he did it half heartedly....he did it.

In any event, I appreciate the dialogue and we can agree to disagree.

Your 16 year old wasn't selected as future top professional driver. JPL was picked as the best of the best. He figured this was enough to carry him to league stardom and that a few quick PR trips into the community would endear him to the citizens of Buffalo when it became apparent to them that he wasn't a very good QB after all.

Look, a guy with his limited abilities should have been a legendary student of the game. It is apparent to me that his coaching staff--multiple coaching staffs---didn't think he was doing what he needed to, as he was benched twice in his career. EVERYBODY gave up on this guy at some point.

If you can find some evidence that he committed himself to the study of the game in an effort to improve his performance, I'd be happy to review it.

Your 16 year old wasn't selected as future top professional driver. JPL was picked as the best of the best. He figured this was enough to carry him to league stardom and that a few quick PR trips into the community would endear him to the citizens of Buffalo when it became apparent to them that he wasn't a very good QB after all.

Look, a guy with his limited abilities should have been a legendary student of the game. It is apparent to me that his coaching staff--multiple coaching staffs---didn't think he was doing what he needed to, as he was benched twice in his career. EVERYBODY gave up on this guy at some point.

If you can find some evidence that he committed himself to the study of the game in an effort to improve his performance, I'd be happy to review it.

You seem to be missing the point.

It's entirely possible that JP was quite a fine student of the game (if you know differently, by all means show me a link where a coach, player, or anyone else of credibility says so), but still didn't perform well. Some people just don't get it, that's a fact in every area of life.

And he was benched because he didn't play well. I don't think it was because he was unprepared (again, if you know differently, I'd be happy to review your proof). As for his commitment, well, here's what I've got:

This, from 2005...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_8030...7/ai_n42875991/

Then there's a quote from Marv Levy, in 2006:

http://tonawanda-news.com/buffalobills/x68...-best-interests

Here's a nice piece from 2007:

http://kasperskorner.speakupwny.com/2007/09/04/

And, lastly, here's one from Jim Fassel, under whom JP spent last season with the UFL...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/fassel-...e-with-raiders/

If you'd like to see more, I'd recommend using google (you can also play Pacman on it today)...

You seem to be missing the point.

It's entirely possible that JP was quite a fine student of the game (if you know differently, by all means show me a link where a coach, player, or anyone else of credibility says so), but still didn't perform well. Some people just don't get it, that's a fact in every area of life.

And he was benched because he didn't play well. I don't think it was because he was unprepared (again, if you know differently, I'd be happy to review your proof). As for his commitment, well, here's what I've got:

This, from 2005...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_8030...7/ai_n42875991/

Then there's a quote from Marv Levy, in 2006:

http://tonawanda-news.com/buffalobills/x68...-best-interests

Here's a nice piece from 2007:

http://kasperskorner.speakupwny.com/2007/09/04/

And, lastly, here's one from Jim Fassel, under whom JP spent last season with the UFL...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/fassel-...e-with-raiders/

If you'd like to see more, I'd recommend using google (you can also play Pacman on it today)...

+1. Besides...my original point was never that he was a great QB. I just felt that his off the field public actions deserved a little personal respect....other than 'F JPL.' I said I was ready for him to be benched when he was. My point was never that he was an all pro. I thought he tried to do the right things publicly to support the city and it seemed (from my vantage point...which is very limited) that he tried to get better as a player. He unfortunately never developed. That does not become 'he was a bum in the film room' by default.

and....JP being selected in first round is not 'his fault' nor does it have anything to do with his work ethic good or bad. Your beef is with TD if you think he shouldn't have been selected there. everything else is conjecture. As above....I gave up on him too. Read above. that doesn't make him a horrible person.....which was my original point and I thought he did go beyond what most athletes do in trying to 'embrace' the populus. It clearly did not 'make him' a good qb....which is why i wanted him benched along with most.

So you guys have different opinions on who is a good person and who is a bad person? So you are clearly right. :thumbsup:

Wrong Team to go to, I think.

Walter Jones is their LT, but he's coming back from a serious injury, Okung may replace him from Game 1 but is raw, Hutchinson is gone and Wahle is a journeyman, Max Unger is young, Sims isn't physical enough, Locklear is their best player while Okung learns under fire.

More running for his life?

Yes but they must be good because I heard of all of those guys.