Bills are Pathetic

Sorry Bills nation but I can't stomach what OBD has been selliing for the last decade. Now I realize that the owners are going to take a hard line with the players and there are business decisions being made here; since all of the RFA's are virtually unsigned and there have been no big money contracts given out to RFA's this year. So I expect a toough labor fight after this season. That being said some of the Buddy Nix Rethoric is pissing me off.

Quotes like "we like Kyle (Williams) a lot at NT"..Come on he could not anchor the nose in our 4-3 defense last year and quite frankly he is NOT a 3-4 nose at all.

OR

At QB or LT "we've got a couple guys we think can play, but we're going to find out"...More BS The Bills don't have a QB or LT on the roster ready to make an impact.

Just once I would like them to turn this place into a bus terminal a la Parcells until we get guys that can play. I know we get get all of these guys but some of the guys on the street or "rumored" to be available include:

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Look we need to take a few chances and cut some dead weight to get better. Thomas would be a better OLB than Schobel assuming he plays or Henderson at NT, make some trades.. something better than another 7-9 campaign.

Ok feeling better.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Bills nation but I can't stomach what OBD has been selliing for the last decade. Now I realize that the owners are going to take a hard line with the players and there are business decisions being made here; since all of the RFA's are virtually unsigned and there have been no big money contracts given out to RFA's this year. So I expect a toough labor fight after this season. That being said some of the Buddy Nix Rethoric is pissing me off.

Quotes like "we like Kyle (Williams) a lot at NT"..Come on he could not anchor the nose in our 4-3 defense last year and quite frankly he is NOT a 3-4 nose at all.

OR

At QB or LT "we've got a couple guys we think can play, but we're going to find out"...More BS The Bills don't have a QB or LT on the roster ready to make an impact.

Just once I would like them to turn this place into a bus terminal a la Parcells until we get guys that can play. I know we get get all of these guys but some of the guys on the street or "rumored" to be available include:

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Look we need to take a few chances and cut some dead weight to get better. Thomas would be a better OLB than Schobel assuming he plays or Henderson at NT, make some trades.. something better than another 7-9 campaign.

Ok feeling better.

the only guy in that list that would help is Gaither

OR

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Ok feeling better.

I think Chan and Co will be moving a lot of players through the program looking for potential help . . .

OR

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Ok feeling better.

Hrm....

Gaither -- Wouldn't mind if he came to Buffalo.

Vick -- He is terrible.

Marcus Spears -- Two down lineman at best.

Adailus Thomas -- Got a fat payday because of Ray Lewis.

Matt Roth -- Rumored to be unhappy not up for trade.

D'Qwell Jackson -- I like the LB's we have now.

John Henderson -- Old lost a step. Work habit issues.

JaMarcus Russell -- Sorry don't want a 300 pound TE.

Sorry you knowledge of football is terrible. You don't think Kyle Williams can play NT but you think John Henderson can? LOL ok.

OR

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

----- wow.step back from the ledge. We drafted a big fat guy in ghe second round to anchor the line....his name is torrel troup, pick up a newspaper sometime.

----- and the fact that you are proposing that the bills should cut some dead weight, but then on your wish list is the biggest draft bust ever- Jam Russel or an over the hill bum like John Henderson makes zero sense. We already have a bum dt reject over the hill bum from the jags. I ll pass.

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Ok feeling better.

Hrm....

Gaither -- Wouldn't mind if he came to Buffalo.

Vick -- He is terrible.

Marcus Spears -- Two down lineman at best.

Adailus Thomas -- Got a fat payday because of Ray Lewis.

Matt Roth -- Rumored to be unhappy not up for trade.

D'Qwell Jackson -- I like the LB's we have now.

John Henderson -- Old lost a step. Work habit issues.

JaMarcus Russell -- Sorry don't want a 300 pound TE.

Sorry you knowledge of football is terrible. You don't think Kyle Williams can play NT but you think John Henderson can? LOL ok.

I may not know anything but I do know Kyle Williams is not a 3-4 NT...Plus my point was lack of aggressiveness by the FO. When parcels went to Miami he made a ton of moves to reshape the roster year one. My complaint is that Nix & Co want us to believe that the some players that did not get it done last year will be better in a different scheme. Come Kelsay at OLB...Please

I may not know anything but I do know Kyle Williams is not a 3-4 NT...Plus my point was lack of aggressiveness by the FO. When parcels went to Miami he made a ton of moves to reshape the roster year one. My complaint is that Nix & Co want us to believe that the some players that did not get it done last year will be better in a different scheme. Come Kelsay at OLB...Please

So do the Bills, that's why we drafted a nose in the second round. But the guy flat out plays tough and is hard to ignore a talented hard working guy, just because you're switching defensive schemes. That's why you'll see him play on passing downs, you won't see him in on obvious rushing downs. Most teams do this kind of rotation. Some guys you make fit into a scheme because they are just valuable football players. Kyle Williams is a good fit on any football team.

You should really concentrate on real issues this team has, Kyle Williams isn't one.

Just the fact you put JaBling Russell's name on this topic says you have completely lost all power to rationalize anything. Give it up man! They will be fine this year. I still say 6-10 or 7-9. Call me an optimist if you will. I'm just tired of all the WA WA WA WA posts on this sight. for the same amount of time it took you to write this negative post you could have spent your time...................................................building a barrel to go over the falls. Productive things like that are better suited for your time. JMO :thumbsup:

God..... Where to begin in all of this. I don't understand the Bill Parcells genius. I really don't. Yes he helped the Dolphins but anyone could after they drafted Ted Ginn Jr in the first round a year prior. Bill Parcells brought in a few average players to fill in holes in their roster. He made a few trades with Dallas who he is in the process of replacing or has replaced already.

You need to understand that most of the free agents this year are restricted. this means you have to give up draft picks for them. This is something the Bills couldn't afford. Why trade away your draft picks for players you are going to get rid of in a year or 2 anyway? It's self defeating.

Nix has done wonders for the Bills already. it will show up on the field in my opinion. The way they went about FA and the draft is the complete opposite of years past. Let me show you what Nix has done exactly.

1) Signed two FA with 3-4 defense experience at key positions. Meaning the DL and LB core.

2) Drafted Spiller who is a Play maker which the Bills desperately need. He drafted a guy who is most likely a sure fire star in this league. Picking the best player available is very important in the 1st round. You can't reach for LT's or QB's and miss.

3) Drafted for Depth across Both OL and DL. He has guys to replace the current starters in year or so.

4) Drafted for Depth in the Linebackers. More players to replace Kawika and Davis in a year or two.

the single most important thing he has done is create competion across the entire football team. PLayers have to compete for their jobs now.

So do the Bills, that's why we drafted a nose in the second round. But the guy flat out plays tough and is hard to ignore a talented hard working guy, just because you're switching defensive schemes. That's why you'll see him play on passing downs, you won't see him in on obvious rushing downs. Most teams do this kind of rotation. Some guys you make fit into a scheme because they are just valuable football players. Kyle Williams is a good fit on any football team.

You should really concentrate on real issues this team has, Kyle Williams isn't one.

There may also be a small little thing like the fact that the Bills are not switching to a full 100% 3-4 defence, they are going to run a Hybrid 3-4/4-3 defence so they will need 3-4 and 4-3 DT's

OR

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Ok feeling better.

Listen, Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey have come into Buffalo with their own agenda, and it has nothing to do with high profile trades or free agency for the 2010 season. The rumored lock out for 2011 has something to do with their thinking regarding signing expensive FA's, I'm sure. But they don't think they needed to sign any of them, and we can't do a damn thing about it.

The only GM - Coach combo that has scraped together a winning season during these last 10 years in hell, was Donahoe / Mularkey in 2004 when they dropped to 9-7-0 the last week of the season. You don't think Buddy and Chan know that? They know how small the shoes are to fill at OBD, and they intend to take their time and use their NFL experience in scouting and coaching to try and mold a winning franchise together that might stand a chance to last 5 to 10 years down the line. Let's hope against hope that Ralph lives long enough to see their "long term" plan become reality.

As far as that scap heap of a FA list, forget it now. "Year One" of Nix/Gailey has begun, and the team is assembled. I hope for their sake they can surprise all of us with the second 9-7-0 season and a semi-serious run at a playoff spot this year!!

Don't get me excited like that, I thought this was an I quit post. There has not been one in a while, i was very dissapointed there was not one after the draft.

I am getting tired of these " the Bills are pathetic" "We suck", fire Nix now etc posts.... yes lets turn into the Redskins and spend money on overpriced and over hyped free agents..... great idea, its not something that will be fixed this year, but we need to build from the draft and I like the progress we are making...

people need to let it go and lighten up a little bit.... its Football, if you can't wrap yourself around that fact, seek help

Stop lamenting over losing out on other people's garbage and build the team. Spears. Russell. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Plus, the only reason ANY of us ever heard of Gaither is because people said he is available. Isn't anyone else nervous about trading high picks to Ozzie Newsome for a 1 year starter that he seems to want to replace?

Let's find out about the guys who are already here before we move on to has beens and one year wonders.

Look I know everybody thinks I am stupid and whining but I'm simply not buying what they are selling. I really don't know if any ufa's or rfa's would improve the team and quite frankly I'm sick of this team needing so much to compete. Until this year I had season tickets since 1998 and this team has not stopped the run since Pat Williams left, has not had a serviceable LT since Fina, QB since Kelly (maybe Flutie or Bledsoe count for a year)...and every year I buy in and support the team so they don't move but I've heard the same Sh*& for too long I just want to see something different. IMO this is not different. I hope all of the rookies turn it around but now this is past pathetic.

OR

Gaither

Vick

Marcus Spears

Adailus Thomas

Matt Roth

D'Qwell Jackson

John Henderson

JaMarcus Russell

Ok feeling better.

Not saying agree with everything you said above, in fact I didn't agree with much of it other than the Bills are pathetic, thats a no brainer. Gaither could help. The others kept me reading but not sure they would help. Now, when you put Jamarcus Russell's name on the list, your post lost all credibility. Sorry.