2010 NFL POWER POLL ALL 32 NFL TEAMS!!!!

Let's see...for controversy sake I'll try this myself first and try to pick a few outlandish picks to stir the pot up a bit!!

#1 Indianapolis #17 Wash

#2 Baltimore #18 Carolina

#3 New Orleans #19 Miami

#4 NY Jets #20 Seattle

#5 Dallas #21 Tennesee

#6 Minnesota #22 S.F. #7 New England #23 Arizona

#8 Houston #24 Tampa Bay

#9 Green Bay #25 Chicago

#10 Atlanta #26 St. Louis

#11 Philadelphia #27 Detroit

#12 Pittsburgh #28 Cleveland

#13 NY Giants #29 Oakland

#14 Cincinatti #30 Buffalo

#15 San Diego #31 Jacksonville

#16 Denver #32 k.city

Let's see...for controversy sake I'll try this myself first and try to pick a few outlandish picks to stir the pot up a bit!!

#1 Indianapolis #17 Wash

#3 New Orleans #19 Miami

#4 NY Jets #20 Seattle

#5 Dallas #21 Tennesee

#8 Houston #24 Tampa Bay

#9 Green Bay #25 Chicago

#16 Denver #32 k.city

So what exacly was the point in this?

Why is Cincy next to Buffalo? Are you saying them at 14 and the Bills at 30 is outlandish?

I would say everything looks on par!

So what exacly was the point in this?

Why is Cincy next to Buffalo? Are you saying them at 14 and the Bills at 30 is outlandish?

I would say everything looks on par!

There wasn't any correlation between Cincy and Buffalo....#17 thru 32 was in a 2nd column...and when I entered it

the column lost it's spacing that's it......I did this quickly (3 am) and thought some people would be surprised how high I had the Jets and how low some other teams were.......I really was looking for other people to rank the teams as well because I like to see the various projections which usually have a great variance.

1- New Orleans (They are the champs till you beat them)

2- Indy (Hard to pick against Peyton Manning after he took his team to a SB).

3- Baltimore (Defense got help in the draft and the offense got Bolden)

4- Vikings (Assuming Favre comes back)

5- Jets (A lot of talent but can it all come together?)

6- Green Bay (Buluga helps out the O-line and the D is more experienced in a 3-4)

7- Dallas (Came on strong at the end of the year Dez Bryant adds to the WR corps but they have issues in the secondary and an aging O-line they will start strong but fade in the end)

8- 49ers (Call it a hunch but they beefed up their O-line big time in the draft and their D is very physical and they do have some playmakers on offense)

9- New England (Should have spent more resources in the draft on the defensive side of the ball but they are a "savvy" bunch who always have a good shot and they did add a lot of fire power on offense)

10- Philly (They added a lot of fire power to the defense via the draft and trades and they also have the weapons on offense it just comes down to wither or not their new QB can put it together)

11- Atlanta (If Matt Ryan can come rebound from his sophomore slump they look to be solid)

12- San Diego (They have issues but they also have a lot of talent)

13- Titans (Came on strong last season and they added Morgan to the D but Chris Johnson is coming off of a lot of carries)

14- Bengals (Faded a lot last season had almost no passing attack at the end of last season, still they have a physical D)

15- Dolphins (Have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball as long as their QB puts it together and their D is pretty good)

16- Steelers (Its going to be tough without their QB for 6 games plus loosing Holmes add in issues with their O-line and they might have an off year but still they have very good front 7 and are a vet team)

17- NY Giants (Aging O-line, issues in the secondary and at Linebacker, however like the Steelers they are a vet team)

18- Houston (Cushings suspension doesn't help but they finished strong its make or break for the team)

19- Carolina (Came on strong last year but their QB situation is still up in the air)

20- Seattle (Good draft but they still need a pass rush and their QB is getting old)

21- Arizona (They will miss Bolden Dansby and Warner BUT they are going to be a more physical team with Dan Williams, Joey Porter, and Faneca but they look to take a step back)

22- Washington (Trent Williams helps their O-line big time but they are still thin, their D is converting to a 3-4 with Heynsworth bitching about it although McNabb gives them a better team)

23- Denver (Josh McDaniels isn't the QB guru he is made out to be and their D-faded big time last year AND they don't have Marshall on the offense)

24- BUFFALO (Huge issues on our O-line and at QB but we do have a D that should win us some games)

25- Chicago (Cutler should have a better year and Peppers gives them a better pass rush but they have a lot of issues elsewhere)

26- Cleveland (Year two of rebuilding their secondary should be better but they need a better QB)

27- Detroit (Suh and Vandenbosh give them help on the D-line plus Snead gives them anther play-maker on offense still weak O-line and secondary)

28- Oakland (Phsyical D and a better QB but they have issues on the O-line and with coaching)

29- Tampa Bay (Huge issues but they should be a lot better at stopping the run and their offense will start developing)

30- St.Louis (They have the foundation with the QB RB and the O-line but the D is lacking and they need targets for Bradford)

31- Jacksonville (Rebuilding big time plus a bad draft)

32- Kansas City (They suck)

1- New Orleans (Brees)

2- Indy (Manning)

3- Baltimore (Best Offseason)

4- Jets (The best O-Line in the AFC; they got the "Build the Lines" idea 3 years before we did)

5- Green Bay (Inconsistent; could be this great or into the teens)

6- New England (Shadow of their former selves, but still have B&B)

7- Dallas (Expect them to outpoint 10 teams)

8- Titans

9-San Diego

10- 49ers

11- Vikings (Farve retires)

12- Atlanta (If Matt Ryan can come rebound from his sophomore slump they look to be solid)

13- Philly

14- NY Giants (Vacation's Over for this on-again, off-again team)

15- Houston (Will make a bid this year)

16- Washington (Could be as good as 10th, though, with Shanny)

17- Steelers (Will overachieve during Ben's suspension)

18 - Cleveland (Improving)

19 - Bengals (added good talent through the draft in last 3 drafts

20 - Seattle

21- Arizona

22- BUFFALO (Halo Effect nets Bills an 8-8 season and will lose out of QB Derby for 2011)

23- Denver

24- Dolphins

25- Chicago

26- Carolina (Name their QB)

27- Detroit ( IF they do better, Suh me)

28- St.Louis

29- Tampa Bay

30- Jacksonville

31- Oakland

32- Kansas City

#1 Indianapolis #17 Wash

#3 New Orleans #19 Miami

#4 NY Jets #20 Seattle

#5 Dallas #21 Tennesee

#8 Houston #24 Tampa Bay

#9 Green Bay #25 Chicago

#16 Denver #32 k.city

You really think Detroit is better than Buffalo?

This should be the only reply in this thread.

Well that's your entitlement and I appreciate your opinion. :w00t: I hope you are right as well, but based on history,

and my assesment of what the Bill's have done in the off-season I find it extremely unlikely that the Bills will finish in the top 12 let alone #1..But in my book the Bills are #1 even when they are somewhere bettween 24-32nd in how many wins they get/will get a season! Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not! 5-11 (+ or - 1 win).

You really think Detroit is better than Buffalo?

Detroit had a good off-season/draft and have purged some of the underachievers. Buffalo has picked up a few of their underachievers during last season and I believe at least one this off-season. So don't be shocked if detroit don't win about 6 or 7 games and we win about 4 or 5. There are too many reasons to list why we will probably take a step back before taking two steps forward the following season. But, one for instance is by releasing some players like T.O. and Josh Reed

the Bills will initially have less experience and production out of their WR's. But, with especially T.O.'s age and imminent

decline it in the Bill's best interest to have young WR's that will gain experience and become more productive in a year or two rather than have just an immediate impact now and be gone after that like T.O.

Also teams who switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defensive scheme historically have had awful seasons and few wins in the

initial year of the defensive switch even though the Bill's are likely going to play a hybird version of the 3-4 defense..but it

will still be a difficult conversion and will take about half the season for them to gel and learn the nuances of the defense.

I think it is a great switch because of they now will be practicing the same type of defense that they will play against in games with all our division opponents. We have been generally losing 6-8 games a season for a while against are division opponents and I think that as we get better adept to the 3-4 and become a better team you will soon see more wins against the division. That will probably be in 2011 if the season is played.

So, getting back to the question...Do I "really" think that Detroit is better than Buffalo? The answer is no! I think Buffalo

is a better team or will grow into one, but I also believe that with all the coaching changes, youth, personnel changes,

and a change of both offensive and defensive philosophies that it will take time for the Bills to gel, develop an identity,

perfect and learn the playbook. 2011 We may be talking 8,9,10 wins who knows?? And, Detroit will still probably be at

5, or 6 wins.

Buddy Nix's/Chan Gailey's philosophy isn't a win now mentality. Of course, they want to win now with what they have but

realize that it is a 2-3 year process as they plug all the pieces into the roster. Another solid+ draft and a few free agents

that fit into their positional requirements and we should have a good team. So short term Detroit's better, Longterm we are!! Go Bills!!!!

1- New Orleans (Brees)

2- Indy (Manning)

3- Baltimore (Best Offseason)

4- Jets (The best O-Line in the AFC; they got the "Build the Lines" idea 3 years before we did)

5- Green Bay (Inconsistent; could be this great or into the teens)

6- New England (Shadow of their former selves, but still have B&B)

7- Dallas (Expect them to outpoint 10 teams)

8- Titans

9-San Diego

10- 49ers

11- Vikings (Farve retires)

12- Atlanta (If Matt Ryan can come rebound from his sophomore slump they look to be solid)

13- Philly

14- NY Giants (Vacation's Over for this on-again, off-again team)

15- Houston (Will make a bid this year)

16- Washington (Could be as good as 10th, though, with Shanny)

17- Steelers (Will overachieve during Ben's suspension)

18 - Cleveland (Improving)

19 - Bengals (added good talent through the draft in last 3 drafts

20 - Seattle

21- Arizona

22- BUFFALO (Halo Effect nets Bills an 8-8 season and will lose out of QB Derby for 2011)

23- Denver

24- Dolphins

25- Chicago

26- Carolina (Name their QB)

27- Detroit ( IF they do better, Suh me)

28- St.Louis

29- Tampa Bay

30- Jacksonville

31- Oakland

32- Kansas City

Appreciate your input...overall like a lot of your ideas! :w00t: I'm concerned about 2 things with N.Orleans though...1. I'm concerned with the recent accusations about their coaching staffs involvement (Sean Peyton and an assistant I believe)..with allegedly stealing pills/drugs/medications and how that will effect that talented teams and #2. Now, that they have achieved their SuperBowl victory will their be a dropoff in desire which would be quite normal after

winning a superbowl.

I think you have New Eng overated even though B.B. is a super coach...but who knows?? I think San Diego could slide between disaccord with Merriman and L.T. being gone...I don't see it..

#1 Indianapolis #17 Wash

#3 New Orleans #19 Miami

#4 NY Jets #20 Seattle

#5 Dallas #21 Tennesee

#8 Houston #24 Tampa Bay

#9 Green Bay #25 Chicago

#16 Denver #32 k.city

Only Reply needed...Go Bills!

24- BUFFALO (Huge issues on our O-line and at QB but we do have a D that should win us some games)

This seems realistic. We will likely have more than just a punter that makes the Pro-Bowl this year (e.g. Jairus Byrd) and there should be no drop off with Bruce Dehaven handling special teams.