Jack White is at it again!

Story.

Jack White has long found a way to do virtually anything he wants in music. As the label executive in charge of Third Man Records, he's never pressed a CD, opting instead for vinyl- and digital-only releases.

Sea of Cowards is no sterile product of endless studio tinkering: At 35 minutes, it's a blistering and compact slab of thunderous, bluesy hard rock, whether it shines a spotlight on White (the sinister "Blue Blood Blues") or Mosshart (the slinky and biting "I'm Mad"). Born out of aggression more than invention, it's an appropriately barbed and consistently sturdy addition to White's rapidly expanding canon.

You can listen to the album in its entirety from the link above. I'm impressed, It's clearly an improvement over Horehound. Jack White is undeniably one of, if not the most creative and talented musicians in rock-n-roll today. :thumbsup: If only there were more like him...

Rolling Stone review.

The second album by the Dead Weather, Jack White's current singing-drummer gig and gothic-blues holiday, is a rock of action — nothing but action. There is barely room to breathe, much less sing along, in these vicious twists and blitzkrieg segues.

Never got that into the White Stripes sure they are a good band and all but they never lived up to the hype. Anyway the album of the year is going to be the Gaslight Anthem's American Slang with The Hold Steady's new album getting the silver medal.

Am I the only one who sees Jack Black or Jack White's name, and have to figure out - is this the White Stripes guy or the High Fidelity guy?

Me too. I also find both of them terribly overrated and think they both waste the bit of talent they have.

I am a big fan of the Raconteurs, I like some of the White Stripes stuff, but I found the first Dead Weather album to be horrible. Close to unlistenable. I'm all for music that breaks the mold of what's "normal," but that album just seemed to stretch the limits of senseless noise. That said, I will definitely give this second album an honest listen. I'm open to everything and like to hear as much as I can of what's out there.

White rips on a guitar and to call him "more style than substance" suggests you don't understand his mojo. The last thing he cares about is his "persona." He's in three different bands currently, exploring different sounds in all of them. He is supremely talented. It's okay to say you don't like someone. To say they're untalented is different.

Above, a post mentioned the Hold Steady. I think they are a frontman away from being a great band. That dude just doesn't have the voice to take their talents to the next level (for my tastes at least.)

have said before, don't like jack white. though his sound is somewhat unique, i find that to be a problem. it's a little too unique and over the top. much of the stripe's albums i found to be unlistenable. and his over-the-top meddling influence in producing and helping record Ms. Loretta Lynn's solo album a couple of years back took away from -- and did not add -- to what was otherwise a very solid project.

it's as if jack went into the thing thinking he could be for Lynn what Rick Rubin was to Mr. Johnny Cash in producing the American recordings. white's effort proved far too meddlesome and, if not over-ambitious, too egotistical to put himself in a position where he thought he belonged in the same studio as someone like Lynn.

it would take a lot for me to change my opinion on him, because right now, it's obviously low.

i do respect that some here like him. and there's nothing wrong with that.

jw

Jack White is very creative and a cool musician, that being said I find it hard to get into all of his music. I like some songs here and there and respect his ability, but most of it is just not my style.

I am a big fan of the Raconteurs, I like some of the White Stripes stuff, but I found the first Dead Weather album to be horrible. Close to unlistenable. I'm all for music that breaks the mold of what's "normal," but that album just seemed to stretch the limits of senseless noise. That said, I will definitely give this second album an honest listen. I'm open to everything and like to hear as much as I can of what's out there.

White rips on a guitar and to call him "more style than substance" suggests you don't understand his mojo. The last thing he cares about is his "persona." He's in three different bands currently, exploring different sounds in all of them. He is supremely talented. It's okay to say you don't like someone. To say they're untalented is different.

Above, a post mentioned the Hold Steady. I think they are a frontman away from being a great band. That dude just doesn't have the voice to take their talents to the next level (for my tastes at least.)

If you didn't like the first Dead Weather album I don't think you'll like this one either. I think there's some better tracks this time, but overall it's the same kind of sound. I love Jack White but I understand people not liking Dead Weather. They combine a lot of different sounds; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I like the uniquness of it.

I don't think The Dead Weather compare to the Raconteurs, but I still like listening to pretty much everything White puts out.

Some good releases this month and next. Besides the Dead Weather and the previously mentioned Gaslight Anthem, The Black Keys are coming out with a new one soon. I love those guys and highly anticipate every release. Completely different kind of music, but Jack Johnson has a new one coming out too.

Never got that into the White Stripes sure they are a good band and all but they never lived up to the hype. Anyway the album of the year is going to be the Gaslight Anthem's American Slang with The Hold Steady's new album getting the silver medal.

you're probably not wrong. Though the new Fall record is going to be a contender. And the new Roky Erickson. And Woods.

but yeah, I'm getting crazy excited for the new Gaslight

you're probably not wrong. Though the new Fall record is going to be a contender. And the new Roky Erickson. And Woods.

but yeah, I'm getting crazy excited for the new Gaslight

American Slang leaked and I have been listening to it over and over again. Very good at first but the more and more you listen to it the better and better it gets you truly see that it is a great album. It doesn't sound like Sink or Swim and its different form 59 sound. Which is a good thing that they don't want to be a one note band. They clearly have founded their sound much better then before.

Trust me you won't be disappointed (That is if you haven't already listened to the leak).