Chris Ellis?

Helping Ellis with his position change is the same position coach he had last season in Bob Sanders, who is now in charge of outside linebackers. Having a rapport with his position coach provides some measure of comfort as Ellis is confident Sanders will put him in situations where he can succeed.

“He knows what I can do, what my strong points are and he can coach towards those,” said Ellis.

Um, isn't that the same position coach who helped keep him glued to the bench last year? Wasn't that the situation where Sanders thought he could best succeed in '09?

Helping Ellis with his position change is the same position coach he had last season in Bob Sanders, who is now in charge of outside linebackers. Having a rapport with his position coach provides some measure of comfort as Ellis is confident Sanders will put him in situations where he can succeed.

“He knows what I can do, what my strong points are and he can coach towards those,” said Ellis.

Um, isn't that the same position coach who helped keep him glued to the bench last year? Wasn't that the situation where Sanders thought he could best succeed in '09?

Not really. Last year he was a DE in a 4-3, this year he is an OLB in a 3-4.

Chris Ellis>Maybin

That's like saying a poke in the eye is better than a kick in the nads.

Although I disagree that Ellis is better. Ellis has demonstrated over time that he doesn't have it and never will. Maybin hasn't proven that yet. He may yet surprise those who doubt him.

Ellis' best position is drive thru.

Although I disagree that Ellis is better. Ellis has demonstrated over time that he doesn't have it and never will. Maybin hasn't proven that yet. He may yet surprise those who doubt him.

What exactly has Ellis demonstrated? He hasn't been on the field as much as Maybin and he's got a year on him!

position change is the best thing for both maybin and ellis, it would be nice to see these 2 win the 2 OLB spots and be productive this year, the #'s are not in their favor, but hope springs eternal this time of year, GO BILLS!!!!

So if I follow: Poke in eye > Kick in the nads. Therefore, Ellis > Maybin.

Mathmatically I think this truly reflects the material world of OLB's on the 2010 Buffalo Bills defense. Wouldn't it be a kick in the nads if Batten > Maybin?