1. No credible source says a deal is in the works;

2. The Raven's say they are not shopping him;

3. He's injured;

4. Many of us think he's a lazy malcontent;

5. Many of us think he's a top 5 LT;

6. Some of us think he's worth a #2 pick and more;

7. Some of us don't;

8. Some think the deal is close;

9. Some think the whole thing has been BS from the start.

That should cover 90% of the posts, so please - let's stop starting Gaither trade threads!

http://www.metrowny.com/blogs/archives/606...-75b0xw00d.html

I agree with this guy. We need a good solid 24 year old tackle...the Ravens seem committed to Oher at left tackle ans this guy is not going to be happy at RT. I'm really tired of hearing how nix and gailey "tried" (and failed) to get players. Getting this guy would be a huge upgrade to the offense. By saying he would be a huge upgrade is not to praise Gaithers as much as it is a recognition that our offense is pathetic with the existing (or non-existing in the case of offensive tackles.) line.

if he is totally healthy i would agree that he would be a nice upgrade to our o-line - but that does seem to be in question at this point. let him pass a complete medical to include mri's on that foot that held him out of 2 out of 3 days of ot's this past weekend - then they can make a good offer for him.

i have my doubts that he is totally healthy. if all of the posters here think that an lt in his prime is worth so much - and he is one - why would baltimore want to let him go. baltimore has spent money on good players and paid them well - so this isnt about money. oher is a better lt than gaither - i do not think so - close but not as good when both are healthy and playing at their best.

still i guess there could be other reasons (that we know nothing of) for the rave-mans wanting to rid themselves of gaither - i guess i go back to the original idea of let him pass a comprehensive physical first - then let's talk.

Exactly. There's a reason why the Ravens drafted Oher. They already knew that Gaither was a lazy guy who would shut his promising play down once he got the chance to sign a big fat contract. Now they're trying to act like Gaither is some sort of highly valuable commodity that should demand a high pick or player from Buffalo. Nice try Ozzie. Some things are just too good to be true. One of those is the opportunity to trade for a franchise type LT by only giving up a 2nd round draft pick. If Gaither is considered a lazy guy now, just think how he'll be when he gets paid millions in a signing bonus for a team that is years from contending.

If I'm Buffalo I'd say thanks, but no thanks to Gaither. Been there done that.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=l...q=&gs_rfai=

If it's baloney then why are there so many links to the subject matter of Jared Gaither being lazy?

Oh, excellent argument. Like there haven't been hundreds of thousands of internet rumors which haven't been proved false. There are still millions of people out there convinced Obama wasn't born in America, for Pete's sake. Yeah, yeah, if it's a rumor on the internet with nobody willing to come out and say it for the record, it definitely must be true.

Oh, excellent argument. Like there haven't been hundreds of thousands of internet rumors which haven't been proved false. There are still millions of people out there convinced Obama wasn't born in America, for Pete's sake. Yeah, yeah, if it's a rumor on the internet with nobody willing to come out and say it for the record, it definitely must be true.

Except that this isn't an internet rumor. You missed my response to you in an earlier post where I linked an article from the Baltimore Sun in which his own college coach, Ralph Friedgen, cited Gaither's questionable work ethic. It's a reason why he sat Gaither in favor of players that work hard. Friedgen felt he couldn't justify playing Gaither when other guys saw how lazy he was in practice, etc.

I also made a counter-point to your argument that the Ravens were/are trotting out these "rumors" just to get him into camp. My question is why would the Ravens, who are ACTIVELY shopping Gaither, want to intentionally do that? That's not how you build value in an asset you want to generate interest in.

Long story short, people have questioned Gaither's attitude long before he became a pro. There is no denying his ability. But all the ability in the world means squat when you aren't professional enough to motivate yourself on a consistent basis to maximize that ability.

GO BILLS!!!