Time to see how these sun-belt rookies handle snow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Youngmac and k Gun. BTW, climate and weather are two seperate things all together. Just b/c it is extremely cold on a random May day, doesn't mean that the climate is changing for the colder. Climate is the averages over an extended period of time. Essentially, people who don't understand that climate change is real, love to jump on silly examples ( like a snow day in May) and say that it doesn't exist.

The IPCC report has had to undergo so many revisions, and retractions from the crap science within, they should give back their Nobel.

The raw data that all of the climate models are based on has been deleted. Weather stations that don't fit the model have been eliminated.

Raw Data Dump

There is really no way to tell how they get the numbers they have. They covered their tracks. If you want to get the real story, you need to do some international research and see what other countries are writing in their press. You cannot quote the UN and think that is good enough.

Oh yeah, and the average temperature of the earth has been in decline since 1995.

Al Gore will not answer questions, or grant an interview for fear he cannot defend himself. This man MADE A MOVIE, and now he doesn't want the press. C'mon man!

Alright, I am sick of this, enough already. I can do this on other blogs.

We do agree on one thing though. Go Bills!

Based on what? every major scientific association or organization says otherwise. Some of the hottest years on record have been recorded in the last decade. A couple of conservative newspaper in the UK arent much more of an authority than FoxNews. i mean i can just link this http://royalsociety.org/Facts-and-fictions...climate-change/ to discredit the scrub newspaper you cited.

Al gore doesnt debate bc theres really no debate on the fact its happening. There isnt in the scientific community, its just like evolution, theres some wacky scientists arguing against it out there but serious scholars accept it.

That's not true. Please actually check your supposed "facts" before posting them. Actually, there is a quite distinguished list of international scientists who disagree with Al Gore's theory of global warming. They include: Timothy Ball, Professor of Geography, Univ of Winnipeg, Robert Carter, Geologist at the Marine Geophysical Laboratory in Australia, and Vincent R. Gray, chemist from the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. So, if your going to have a debate about global warming, fine. But don't try to tip the scales of such debate by using a blatantly false "fact" such as the one you just set-forth above.

By way of national policy, the statement is true. There are no doubt many scientists with differing views on the subject. With respect to acknowledgement of the problem at the national level the US stands alone in terms of major industrialized nations in its denial. This is not Al Gore's theory. Lets get our facts straight.

Hell yeah! You could bus them over to Utica, we got 3 inches here!

I would also like to give a shout out to Al Gore! What's up pal?

Not to let this get political or anything but the fact that its snowing in the beginning of May is proof that the weather is fine? Weather is not climate and climate isn't weather.

But good to see the Bills rookies getting a taste of the Buffalo weather.

Sure its easy to rattle off some names of scientists on either side of the issue. Naming a few scientists doesnt back your position either when like i said the vast majority of the global community disagrees. See, IPCC, UN, US EPA, EU, scientific acamdemies in 32 countries. You can deny and debate the causes for climate change, but arguing against it existing is absurd.

Hold on there cowboy. You don't know what my position on this issue is. All my prior statement said is that you shouldn't be making up that no scientists disagreed with your opinion. In fact, no one is disagreeing that the climate is changing, it's always changing and always has been, in fact, it has been changing long before humans were on the earth. The only thing that's absurd is how people like you make up facts (see your prior statement) and then consider debate about the causes of the climate change to be closed. Was the earth flat when every nation on the earth believed it to be flat? Just because certain governments claim that climate change is man made does not make it so. No one denies climate change: may respected scientists say the climate is getting hotter, many colder, many claim the cause is man made, many state it is due to solar cycles. As stated before, climate change happened long before humans were around, and simply arguing that those who disagree with you are idiots who lack any scientific basis simply because governments hold a certain view is absurd. Like I said, you don't know my views on this subject, but you should debate with those you disagree with on actual scientific facts, not on the basis of name calling of claiming superiority in the number of governments who agree with your point of view.

Based on what? every major scientific association or organization says otherwise. Some of the hottest years on record have been recorded in the last decade. A couple of conservative newspaper in the UK arent much more of an authority than FoxNews. i mean i can just link this http://royalsociety.org/Facts-and-fictions...climate-change/ to discredit the scrub newspaper you cited.

Al gore doesnt debate bc theres really no debate on the fact its happening. There isnt in the scientific community, its just like evolution, theres some wacky scientists arguing against it out there but serious scholars accept it.

I think the issue is more .......complex than Mr. Gore would like you to consider. Certainly it is not unwise to be skeptical that such a profound and controversial scientific position could be so dependent on a set of data that is, shall we say, not recorded is a way that almost all other scientific data is. Sloppy is a word that doesn't give one much confidence. In fact, the termperature data no longer can be produced--it seems to be gone.

Attacking a paper or other news outlet for providing news or opinion is not an argument.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...-organised.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0924988354.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ten-mos...skeptics-2009-7

So much more information has been made public since Al made his film--most significantly the behavior of the climate scientists who are the face of the global warming science. You should draw your own conclusion based on all information.

Sheesh!!!! How'd all this crap get started anyway??? All I said was it'd be fun to throw these sunbelt kids outside in the cold and snow for one practice and give 'em a wee inkling of what it feels like here during the season...

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :sick:

So......

What did we learn from this? :wacko:

Hold on there cowboy. You don't know what my position on this issue is. All my prior statement said is that you shouldn't be making up that no scientists disagreed with your opinion. In fact, no one is disagreeing that the climate is changing, it's always changing and always has been, in fact, it has been changing long before humans were on the earth. The only thing that's absurd is how people like you make up facts (see your prior statement) and then consider debate about the causes of the climate change to be closed. Was the earth flat when every nation on the earth believed it to be flat? Just because certain governments claim that climate change is man made does not make it so. No one denies climate change: may respected scientists say the climate is getting hotter, many colder, many claim the cause is man made, many state it is due to solar cycles. As stated before, climate change happened long before humans were around, and simply arguing that those who disagree with you are idiots who lack any scientific basis simply because governments hold a certain view is absurd. Like I said, you don't know my views on this subject, but you should debate with those you disagree with on actual scientific facts, not on the basis of name calling of claiming superiority in the number of governments who agree with your point of view.

I have said the debate is on the cause not the fact that its happening. Of course there are scientists who disagree, but dont oversimplify my statements. I merely mention the fact that intl govts agree as a point that the US virtually stands alone in climate change denying. the science is real the cause is unknown although there are many strong hypotheses. I haven't made up any facts but please don't make it sound like there's some scientific debate on whether the earth is warming, there is no genuine debate. It's a cheap shot to compare to people belief's in 1400's that the earth was flat, that was not based on science, there was no data, just a belief.