Thanks Leonidas

Since Tim is no longer a special guest here....I expect full clearance on this one.

Lower your expectations, then, because it ain't happening.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe McCarthy?

Nixon?

O.J.?

Enron officials?

The South Carolina governor who went for a "walk" to Argentina?

Mark McGwire?

Alfred E Neuman comes to mind, but you wouldn't want to be equated to a Mad Magazine character, would you?

should i keep going?

jw

You want to make a list of people throughout history who have been obstinate and unrepentant but in the right? Slow news day?

MLK Jr.

Malcolm X

Jim Crowe

Thomas More

Galileo

John Proctor

Lincoln Chafee

Jacques Chirac

The pendulum swings both ways, John.

You want to make a list of people throughout history who have been obstinate and unrepentant but in the right? Slow news day?

MLK Jr.

Malcolm X

Jim Crowe

Thomas More

Galileo

John Proctor

Lincoln Chafee

and yet, many of those people you mention had something more to offer for being inclusive. and i can't see Thomas More going to the gallows because he failed to apologize for attacking someone in a Buffalo Bills internet post. Galileo, really?

jw

and yet, many of those people you mention had something more to offer for being inclusive. and i can't see Thomas More going to the gallows because he failed to apologize for attacking someone in a Buffalo Bills internet post. Galileo, really?

jw

Except I'm not going to the gallows. At worst I'll be excommunicated from a Bills message board. Hardly the same thing.

And yeah, Galileo kept on trucking even with the Church doing what they could to keep him from shattering their precious little universe.

MLK Jr.

Malcolm X

Jim Crowe

Thomas More

Galileo

John Proctor

Lincoln Chafee

Jacques Chirac

the guy who invented bourbon? the popular nickname for institutionalized racial segregation?

Except I'm not going to the gallows. At worst I'll be excommunicated from a Bills message board. Hardly the same thing.

And yeah, Galileo kept on trucking even with the Church doing what they could to keep him from shattering their precious little universe.

the first time this has ever been written or said

ESPN = MTV = American Idol = Fox News. You know that, right?

IMHO, you made a bad decision.

Love ya, Lori, but this is a +1. If you're looking for adult conversation, that departed this board a decade ago.

Sorry, troof hurts...yo.

and, you would be quickly forgotten.

in the sports business, the quick move is to apologize even if you might not mean it, because the backlash becomes relentless as people seek their so-called pound of flesh. it's what doomed Tiger, i think, and has led to others reputations to be tarnished.

Tiger, however, failed to use the Galileo defense. somehow, i doubt that would've worked there either.

jw

Love ya, Lori, but this is a +1. If you're looking for adult conversation, that departed this board a decade ago.

Sorry, troof hurts...yo.

Excuse the !@#$ out of me for trying to develop what some people considered a decent resource for the site.