Graham Harrell back with the Browns

Actually, he was in the CFL last year, and in the off-season he's a QBs coach at OSU. Ever hear of 2x-Superbowl Champ and 4x-ProBowler Kurt Warner, wiseguy? At the same point in his career, Warner was bagging groceries for $5.50/hr.

Harrell was coached by one of the most brilliant offensive college coaches in the game today. Guy knows the game and the position cold, has one of the best visions of any QB you'll ever see, makes great decisions, sees the entire field and gets rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds, threw for over 4000 yards as a sophomore, over 5000 yards in both his junior and senior seasons, was 4th in Heisman voting, and holds the NCAA all-time record for passing TDs.

Hear me now, believe me later - Harrell will be one of the greats, and the Bills will rue their decision to pass him over.

Now, Senator, while I am a fan or your filibusters, and you obvious man-crush on Leech, and all that he has done, I do believe it is a little preposterous to predict the young man's greatness without him having so much as made a roster.

Seriously thought....look at his numbers. The guy should have been scooped by us in the final weeks of last year, we knew what we had, and it's limits. I guess that they must really like Brohm, which is great.

He was on the practice squad and couldn't even make a CFL roster, but he'll have a good shot at the NFL :rolleyes:

At least Warner got a shot to play in Arena Football and obviously made the most of it. Harrell's game would be best suited for Arena Football, and if he could prove himself there, maybe he'd have a shot at the NFL. Right now, he's nothing more than camp fodder.

What does this mean, exactly? CFL >>>>Arena Football. To every make a statement that Kurt Warner was dealt a better hand than anybody is ridiculous. I really never cared for the guy, since he wasn't on the Bills, but it is the best rags to riches story in the history of pro sports. That was even before he was written off as washed up, and came back to dominate with Arizona.

Warner and Harrell is an asinine comparison. Harrell had one of the greatest college QB careers ever, to deny that guy has an obvious talent for QB is almost offensive. Warner, if you called that one I'll take you to the track with me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! The Bills shoulda grabbed this guy last season - he'll be an All-Pro in w/in 3 years.

link

LOL...I love the conviction Senator...just think it lies with the wrong player...

I dont mean to rain on the parade, but he definitely will not make the active roster...PS maybe, but not one of the 3 active QB's.

1. McCoy isnt going anywhere obviously.

2. DelHomme was just signed for a sizeable contract and most certainly starts the season as a starter as Holmgren doesnt want McCoy starting week 1.

3. Seneca Wallace is a very good backup and a Mike Holmgren guy who he traded for. Delhomme isnt going to be in Cle for more than a year or two, especially with McCoy there and Seneca was brought in to be a quality #2 which he is. No way they cut him this year...

Thats 3 QB's and no room for your boy outside of the PS.

LOL...I love the conviction Senator...just think it lies with the wrong player...

I dont mean to rain on the parade, but he definitely will not make the active roster...PS maybe, but not one of the 3 active QB's.

2. DelHomme was just signed for a sizeable contract and most certainly starts the season as a starter as Holmgren doesnt want McCoy starting week 1.

3. Seneca Wallace is a very good backup and a Mike Holmgren guy who he traded for. Delhomme isnt going to be in Cle for more than a year or two, especially with McCoy there and Seneca was brought in to be a quality #2 which he is. No way they cut him this year...

Barring an injury or some other unforeseen circumstance, of course. I agree that the three QB's mentioned are pretty much locks. Harrell needs a chance, and I don't think serving as a clipboard toter is going to give it to him. He would have had a better shot in Buffalo, I think we could all agree. AFL or UFL?

Now, Senator, while I am a fan or your filibusters, and you obvious man-crush on Leech, and all that he has done, I do believe it is a little preposterous to predict the young man's greatness without him having so much as made a roster.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly - it's also much easier to say Super Saver will win the Derby today than 48 hours ago - that's why I'm The Incredibly Prescient Senator (TIPS) :rolleyes:

Seriously thought....look at his numbers. The guy should have been scooped by us in the final weeks of last year, we knew what we had, and it's limits. I guess that they must really like Brohm, which is great.

Agree again, and it was not for lack of trying - on my part, at least - though the Bills showed no interest. But I also stated, back on Pearl Harbor Day, that Brohm will be our QB in 2010. (Again, TIPS )

What does this mean, exactly? CFL >>>>Arena Football. To every make a statement that Kurt Warner was dealt a better hand than anybody is ridiculous. I really never cared for the guy, since he wasn't on the Bills, but it is the best rags to riches story in the history of pro sports. That was even before he was written off as washed up, and came back to dominate with Arizona.

Warner and Harrell is an asinine comparison. Harrell had one of the greatest college QB careers ever, to deny that guy has an obvious talent for QB is almost offensive. Warner, if you called that one I'll take you to the track with me.

The CFL and AFL are completely different. I wasn't comparing those two leagues in as much just saying a practice squad CFL QB has little chance to make an NFL roster. I think Harrell's skill set would be better suited for the faster paced AFL. Agreed, until Harrell does something, you can't compare him with Warner, other than they both didn't make the NFL in their first try.

Guest dog14787
:rolleyes:

:P

:wallbash:

Harrell will never be more than a 3rd string QB in the NFL, if he makes it as anything at all...Schit, Tim Tebow will be more or an NFL QB than Graham Harrell. I will bet my first-born child on it!

(Graham Harrell just does not know how to swing his sword! :pirate: )

:w00t:

Guest dog14787
yep

Harrell finished his college career with an NCAA all-time record of 134 passing touchdowns, breaking the previous mark of 131 set by Colt Brennan. He also equaled Brennan's record of 147 career touchdowns passing, rushing, and receiving, a record that would be broken the following year by Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour. Harrell also compiled 5,111 passing yards in the season, becoming the first NCAA player to post multiple 5,000-yard passing seasons.

In Harrells final regular season game against Baylor, Harrell shattered two of his fingers (the pinkie and middle finger) of his non-throwing hand during the second quarter. At halftime, Harrell's hand got x-rayed, and medical examiners advised Harrell to discontinue playing in the game. Harrell replied, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell played the rest of the game with black tape around his fingers. He finished with 309 total passing yards and two touchdowns. With the victory, Tech clinched a share of the Big 12 South title, though fell short at going to the Big 12 Championship Game.

There's allot more to a player or person then comes up on the stat sheet, but even the numbers suggest greatness when it comes to Graham Harrell in my opinion.

Harrell finished his college career with an NCAA all-time record of 134 passing touchdowns, breaking the previous mark of 131 set by Colt Brennan. He also equaled Brennan's record of 147 career touchdowns passing, rushing, and receiving, a record that would be broken the following year by Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour. Harrell also compiled 5,111 passing yards in the season, becoming the first NCAA player to post multiple 5,000-yard passing seasons.

In Harrells final regular season game against Baylor, Harrell shattered two of his fingers (the pinkie and middle finger) of his non-throwing hand during the second quarter. At halftime, Harrell's hand got x-rayed, and medical examiners advised Harrell to discontinue playing in the game. Harrell replied, "Tape my hand up. I'm going out." Harrell played the rest of the game with black tape around his fingers. He finished with 309 total passing yards and two touchdowns. With the victory, Tech clinched a share of the Big 12 South title, though fell short at going to the Big 12 Championship Game.

There's allot more to a player or person then comes up on the stat sheet, but even the numbers suggest greatness when it comes to Graham Harrell.

NCAA records mean ****. Look at all the guys who threw a for a bunch of yards and TDs and they all have done jack.

Guest dog14787
NCAA records mean ****. Look at all the guys who threw a for a bunch of yards and TDs and they all have done jack.

On October 25, 2008, Graham Harrell passed Philip Rivers to move into sole possession of third place for passing yardage in a career.

Guest dog14787
This guy wasn't drafted correct? Why? If he is so great and shattering records why didn't he go in the first round?

Does he have a weak arm?

Some problems keeping the ball compact and in a spiral on occasion, but ironically playing for Leach is probably the kids biggest knock which makes zero sense in my opinion.

On October 25, 2008, Graham Harrell passed Philip Rivers to move into sole possession of third place for passing yardage in a career.

When you copy and paste from Wikipedia make sure you copy everything.

"On October 25, 2008, Graham Harrell passed Philip Rivers to move into sole possession of third place for passing yardage in a career. On November 22, 2008, Harrell passed Ty Detmer to move into second for passing yardage in a career behind Timmy Chang."

Stats don't mean jack if you ask me. Ty Detmer was a career backup and who the hell is Timmy Chang?

Guest dog14787
When you copy and paste from Wikipedia make sure you copy everything.

"On October 25, 2008, Graham Harrell passed Philip Rivers to move into sole possession of third place for passing yardage in a career. On November 22, 2008, Harrell passed Ty Detmer to move into second for passing yardage in a career behind Timmy Chang."

Stats don't mean jack if you ask me. Ty Detmer was a career backup and who the hell is Timmy Chang?

I was after the Philip Rivers name thank you, since some folks need a big name to go along with the big numbers in order to show any relevancy.

The reason you love his conviction is because his manlove for Harrell is just like your manlove for Brian Brohm-saw him in college, loves the stats, etc.

Being realistic, this whole thread is ridiculous. It makes more sense if he's being sarcastic towards all the Brohm supporters.

In that light, let's bring in Timmy Chang! Timmy is around the same age as when Warner emerged.

The reason you love his conviction is because his manlove for Harrell is just like your manlove for Brian Brohm-saw him in college, loves the stats, etc.

Being realistic, this whole thread is ridiculous. It makes more sense if he's being sarcastic towards all the Brohm supporters.

In that light, let's bring in Timmy Chang! Timmy is around the same age as when Warner emerged.

LOL...lets be clear here for a second...I have not said Brohm is going to be any good or stating he will be our guy long term. I have stood by the stance that I think Brohm brings as much potential to the table as any rookie that was coming out in this draft class not named Bradford. I have stood by the stance that this kid should be given an opportunity to play before we label him a bust given that he wasnt just a college statistical stud. He was a highly regarded prospect with all the tools to potentially succeed at the next level. Timmy Chang he is not...

Will he make it in the NFL...no one knows, but the kid should be given a shot before it is decided that he wont be any good...