Restaurants

Can't you pay some kid $6.00/hr and make it his job?

EDIT: and I am just asking as some guy who has never worked in a restaurant kitchen, not trying to be a smart ass.

Sure I can pay some kid $6.00. But the types of restaurants I worked at fries were not that important so I'd rather have him doing something better.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I can pay some kid $6.00. But the types of restaurants I worked at fries were not that important so I'd rather have him doing something better.

I am not talking about the fancy joints.

My point is, if you choose to put fries on a plate, they are important. To think anything you serve isn't important is what pisses me off about some restaurants (the topic of this thread, I think). If you can't do fries right, don't do them at all.

As a customer, the fries as as important to me as the main dish.

Speaking of french fries. The Warehouse restaurant next to the Econo Lodge on Milestrip Rd serves potato chips instead of french fries. They won't let you substitute, but they will sell you a side order of fries. :nana:

That kinda pisses me off.

Speaking of french fries. The Warehouse restaurant next to the Econo Lodge on Milestrip Rd serves potato chips instead of french fries. They won't let you substitute, but they will sell you a side order of fries. :nana:

No katchup?

Speaking of french fries. The Warehouse restaurant next to the Econo Lodge on Milestrip Rd serves potato chips instead of french fries. They won't let you substitute, but they will sell you a side order of fries. :wallbash:

That only pisses me off if they want you to buy a huge order of fries, beyond what any one person is likely to eat. I don't mind an upcharge for a side of fries, if it's made clear on the menu.

That only pisses me off if they want you to buy a huge order of fries, beyond what any one person is likely to eat. I don't mind an upcharge for a side of fries, if it's made clear on the menu.

It's not an up charge, it's full cost. They bring you the chips with the burger and the fries on a separate plate.

It's not an up charge, it's full cost. They bring you the chips with the burger and the fries on a separate plate.

That's stupid.

I use the phase "no problem" in my work every day. I fix peoples computers. They might say to me "oh yah, could you also look at my anti virus, I don't think it's working". I reply with "no problem". What I am saying (and I believe, what they are hearing) is I will take care of it. I have used that phase thousands of times over the past 13 years to my clients and not one time has one of them not understood what I meant, or had a problem with it, not sure how come you do?

I gotta say I can understand why others might call you out on this and I am not trying to start anything, but man you sound like a jerk. If I was a serving your table, it would be my last day at that job, cause I wouldn't take your ****. Just sayin.

Questions to you:

Ever had a meal at a place where you had to make a reservation?

Ever hear any member of their staff utter cutsy inanities like "No problem?"

Ever wonder why their business was such that they required reservations?

Put the pieces together.

It seems that many accept as the norm that a dining experience has to include a buddy-buddy relationship with the person schlepping the plates out from the kitchen. Such a hard, hard task, let us all wring out hands and cry. What would you reaction be if you went to a repair shop for brakes, and you heard "Hi! I'm Jonie, and I will be your mechanic!" Or at a grocery store..."Hi! I'm Melissa and I'll be your cashier!"

If you and others want to sheepishly bow down to the soul ferrying the plate - same person who after plopping it down, who seems to often say "Is everything ok?" before you've taken a single bite, and then listen to "no problem!" as a response to errors, and then fork over your cash, that's your business.

Expect better. That I do, and you don't, seems to move you to insult. Eh?

Questions to you:

Ever had a meal at a place where you had to make a reservation?

Ever hear any member of their staff utter cutsy inanities like "No problem?"

Ever wonder why their business was such that they required reservations?

Put the pieces together.

It seems that many accept as the norm that a dining experience has to include a buddy-buddy relationship with the person schlepping the plates out from the kitchen. Such a hard, hard task, let us all wring out hands and cry. What would you reaction be if you went to a repair shop for brakes, and you heard "Hi! I'm Jonie, and I will be your mechanic!" Or at a grocery store..."Hi! I'm Melissa and I'll be your cashier!"

If you and others want to sheepishly bow down to the soul ferrying the plate - same person who after plopping it down, who seems to often say "Is everything ok?" before you've taken a single bite, and then listen to "no problem!" as a response to errors, and then fork over your cash, that's your business.

My reaction would be "hi Jonie", "hi Melissa" just like any other human being who is not so self centred as to think they are better than everyone else and talking to these people would lower my standards.

and there it is in a nutshell, clearly, you have never done the job, and have absolutely no respect for the job. well, guess what, it's a tough way to make a living, and the last thing these hard working individuals need is someone like you patronizing their place of work.

Do yourself, and the employees a favor and stay home, or go grab some fast food, where being friendly isnt a prerequisite for the job, I promise both sides will be much happier.

My point is, if you choose to put fries on a plate, they are important. To think anything you serve isn't important is what pisses me off about some restaurants (the topic of this thread, I think). If you can't do fries right, don't do them at all.

As a customer, the fries as as important to me as the main dish.

And frozen fries in hot clean oil in my opinion are just fine. But go ahead question my opinion.