Restaurants

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions to you:

Ever had a meal at a place where you had to make a reservation?

Ever hear any member of their staff utter cutsy inanities like "No problem?"

Ever wonder why their business was such that they required reservations?

Put the pieces together.

Expect better. That I do, and you don't, seems to move you to insult. Eh?

hey bro you're acting kind of paranoid on this one.

lets say if your server comes around and offers you a refill on your drink:

"how about a refill on that coke" server

"i would love that" cincy

"no problem" server

"let me speak to your manager. how the hell do you reply with no problem to a paying customer. you should have said yes sir. and because you replied with no problem i will file a complaint with your manager. i expect better than this!!!!!" cincy

this is out of line and no wonder why youre getting attacked. its good to expect more. but a different choice of words than you expect to hear is not really wrong.

and there it is in a nutshell, clearly, you have never done the job, and have absolutely no respect for the job. well, guess what, it's a tough way to make a living, and the last thing these hard working individuals need is someone like you patronizing their place of work.

Do yourself, and the employees a favor and stay home, or go grab some fast food, where being friendly isnt a prerequisite for the job, I promise both sides will be much happier.

Yes - I have done that job. Don't you dare tell me what it is like to eke out a living. My Father passed away when I was five years old, leaving a household of 8 to fend for themselves.

You seem to resent that when I eat out, I prefer some common business respect, and that I have to somehow take slappy statements from somebody that takes an order and brings a plate. You try to paint me as an ogre that rubs his forepaws together, just waiting to pounce on such a sensitive soul as you.

Don't be more of an idiot that you have already displayed so far. I'm sorry to tell you - I don't belong to the pet-the-server's-ego club. I call it GASPM (Give All Servers Protection Money). The history of servers contaminating food because they are p*ssed off is legendary. Example: White Castle and Steak 'n Shake chains have taken pains through the decades to tell and show their customers that they cook where you can see.

Your words to a paying customer - yes, those, that make your paycheck possible - should be "May I take your order?" Then write it down, and deliver it. I don't mind jocularity, repartie. I doubt you have any capability there - if so, it's to extract a bigger tip.

Job#1 is doing your job. I can tell you one thing - if I owned a joint, you would be canned. I wouldn't let your self-centered attitude infect my other workers, and their livelihood.

Yes - I have done that job. Don't you dare tell me what it is like to eke out a living. My Father passed away when I was five years old, leaving a household of 8 to fend for themselves.

You seem to resent that when I eat out, I prefer some common business respect, and that I have to somehow take slappy statements from somebody that takes an order and brings a plate. You try to paint me as an ogre that rubs his forepaws together, just waiting to pounce on such a sensitive soul as you.

Don't be more of an idiot that you have already displayed so far. I'm sorry to tell you - I don't belong to the pet-the-server's-ego club. I call it GASPM (Give All Servers Protection Money). The history of servers contaminating food because they are p*ssed off is legendary. Example: White Castle and Steak 'n Shake chains have taken pains through the decades to tell and show their customers that they cook where you can see.

Your words to a paying customer - yes, those, that make your paycheck possible - should be "May I take your order?" Then write it down, and deliver it. I don't mind jocularity, repartie. I doubt you have any capability there - if so, it's to extract a bigger tip.

Job#1 is doing your job. I can tell you one thing - if I owned a joint, you would be canned. I wouldn't let your self-centered attitude infect my other workers, and their livelihood.

Do you ever worry about someone doing "something" to your meal?

Do you ever worry about someone doing "something" to your meal?

No.

Because in the rare times I dine out, I patronize good restaurants of long standing. Ones where the waiter doesn't feel a need to tell me about their life, loves, their otherwise sad life, how having to work is such a drag and so forth etc. Where I go, they occasionally add a witty bon mot - which is fun and appreciated. And unless it's a booth, food is delivered from the left, and spent plates are removed from the right. Ever ordered a coffee and had a spoon flung on the tabletop wiped off by the usual filthy rag, by one of our serving "professionals"?

I remain astounded at the crust that many of today's servers display..."It's All About Me!"... :w00t:

Cry me a friggin river, you think you are the only one, who's being self centered now.

Again, you have taken a common phrase and taken it too far, it is not intended as disrespect, that seems to be something you and you alone have an issue with.

so I'm an idiot now.... ok, didnt you chide me earlier for the exact same thing?

you are citing examples from FAST FOOD, white castle and steak and shake are not traditional restaurants, try again

again you sink to a new low, so now i'm an idiot, and I am unable to do a primary aspect of my job. hmmm, for someone that knows nothing about me, you sure do think you know alot

and finally, if, if, if, woulda coulda shoulda.... you dont know how I work, as a matter of fact, I have been promoted at every restaurant job I've ever had, so I doubt you would "can" one of your best employees, but thanks for the boost.

once more, you have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about, you're like a monkey trying to screw a doorknob (its a good effort, but it just won't work).

I hope you take this as a lesson to not get involved in a conversation you cant handle, respond if you like, but I am done with you, you are no longer worth the time and effort.

Have a Nice day

Cry me a friggin river, you think you are the only one, who's being self centered now.

Again, you have taken a common phrase and taken it too far, it is not intended as disrespect, that seems to be something you and you alone have an issue with.

so I'm an idiot now.... ok, didnt you chide me earlier for the exact same thing?

you are citing examples from FAST FOOD, white castle and steak and shake are not traditional restaurants, try again

again you sink to a new low, so now i'm an idiot, and I am unable to do a primary aspect of my job. hmmm, for someone that knows nothing about me, you sure do think you know alot

and finally, if, if, if, woulda coulda shoulda.... you dont know how I work, as a matter of fact, I have been promoted at every restaurant job I've ever had, so I doubt you would "can" one of your best employees, but thanks for the boost.

once more, you have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about, you're like a monkey trying to screw a doorknob (its a good effort, but it just won't work).

I hope you take this as a lesson to not get involved in a conversation you cant handle, respond if you like, but I am done with you, you are no longer worth the time and effort.

Have a Nice day

yeah right. you'll be back