Why don't we hear from the "O" Line?

gjv001

During the season and all through the off season the sports media has trashed the Bills "O" Line from afar. You would think one of the media would seek out, say Demetrius Bell, and ask him his opinion on weather or not he can successfully be the starting LT for the Bills. I don't mean to single out Bell, for that matter, I would like to hear the opinion from each lineman as to weather or not they feel they can sucessfully be a starting lineman for the Bills in the 2010 season.

During the season and all through the off season the sports media has trashed the Bills "O" Line from afar. You would think one of the media would seek out, say Demetrius Bell, and ask him his opinion on weather or not he can successfully be the starting LT for the Bills. I don't mean to single out Bell, for that matter, I would like to hear the opinion from each lineman as to weather or not they feel they can sucessfully be a starting lineman for the Bills in the 2010 season.

are you freaking serious what an asinine comment.

did you watch any bills games last year?

do you think that you need to ask,livitre,hang and woods if they can play give me a break you sound like a 10 year old.

bell played the first 2 games raw as porter house steak and acquitted himself well until injuries kicked in.

obviously nix ,galiey and modrak and maley all think our new free agent RT can play.

really man how long did it take for you to come up with such a dumb childish post!

do you think that you need to ask,livitre,hang and woods if they can play give me a break you sound like a 10 year old.

bell played the first 2 games raw as porter house steak and acquitted himself well until injuries kicked in.

obviously nix ,galiey and modrak and maley all think our new free agent RT can play.

really man how long did it take for you to come up with such a dumb childish post!

Who the hell is Maley?

Is that Ralph's nickname?

Here you go;

Media Can I talk to you about the offensive line's struggles this year?

Random Player Sure.

Media What's the problem with the offensive line this year?

Random Player I know we've been struggling this year with injuries and having to grab inexperienced players from other teams. I really think if we can cut down on the injuries and get a set lineup on the line we'll be a lot better.

Media Thank you.

Or maybe you think it would be like this;

Random Player Sure.

Media Do you honestly think you should be playing in the NFL?

Random Player (Knockout punch and reporter falls to the ground)

And no need to repeat yourself.

It amazes me on how you all respond to each others' posts. I think this is the only NFL forum I've visited where the Bills fans take more heat from other Bills fans than Rival Fans.

Here you go;

Random Player Sure.

Random Player I know we've been struggling this year with injuries and having to grab inexperienced players from other teams. I really think if we can cut down on the injuries and get a set lineup on the line we'll be a lot better.

Media Thank you.

Random Player Sure.

now thats funny right there....lol

It amazes me on how you all respond to each others' posts. I think this is the only NFL forum I've visited where the Bills fans take more heat from other Bills fans than Rival Fans.

It's not sad enough our team is ridiculously bad, but we have to argue about why they are bad, what would fix it, why someone else's opinion is crap. Gotta love the forum

First off, I love that avatar pick...and am sort of a closet Green Bay fan (I love their fans and passion). Secondly, Bills fans have a major napoleon complex due to the beatdown we have received over the past 11 years. And some are just childish to each other.

i really do think it's ok to disagree with someone's post - but i also think it possible to do so in a non-offensive manner - the name calling and degrading words just show a lack of ability to be a part of an intelligent conversation - there is no cause for personal attacks

Wow...are you out of your pills again?

It really wasn't that crazy, but your reply is screaming "extended stay in mental health."

I must have missed when they tracked down Edwards and asked if he could play QB, or any other player if they could play their position. It doesn't matter what the players think, it matters what national blowhards, like Kiper and Co. think, and the local blowhards like Sully.

These players are filled with a lot of pride. They know what most of the fans and local media think of them. They know they are a laughing stock in this league. I hope that one of these veterans has the nuts to put it on Front St on the first day of camp. I would use this as ammo to fire these guys up.

This team was so poorly coached that a lot of fans are convinced there is no talent here. I am sure that these guys would like nothing more than to prove that they belong.

We'll see shortly, and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised**

**Disclaimer: you must possess the ability to be pleasantly surprised, in order to actually be pleasantly surprised. If you are incapable of positive thought, that is a condition that will plague your existence for eternity, as well as those around you. The Bills will get better, but you will still be a miserable prick. Cheers!!

Wow...are you out of your pills again?

It really wasn't that crazy, but your reply is screaming "extended stay in mental health."

I must have missed when they tracked down Edwards and asked if he could play QB, or any other player if they could play their position. It doesn't matter what the players think, it matters what national blowhards, like Kiper and Co. think, and the local blowhards like Sully.

These players are filled with a lot of pride. They know what most of the fans and local media think of them. They know they are a laughing stock in this league. I hope that one of these veterans has the nuts to put it on Front St on the first day of camp. I would use this as ammo to fire these guys up.

This team was so poorly coached that a lot of fans are convinced there is no talent here. I am sure that these guys would like nothing more than to prove that they belong.

We'll see shortly, and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised**

**Disclaimer: you must possess the ability to be pleasantly surprised, in order to actually be pleasantly surprised. If you are incapable of positive thought, that is a condition that will plague your existence for eternity, as well as those around you. The Bills will get better, but you will still be a miserable prick. Cheers!!

They had twelve TV's in the weight room!! Jauron didn't expect a whole lot from them it seems. Chansaw seems to expect A LOT more from these guys, I would imagine, in every facet of their preparation. I expect there will be a lot more film study, a lot more conditioning and a lot more intensity at practices.

I also expect Gailey's coaching staff to put these guys into systems that will maximize their talents. I think their confidence will build and people will see how much talent has been wasted here for the past three years. I definitely feel there's a big improvement in the way things are being done at One Bills Drive right now. :rolleyes:

One of the best responses in a long time. Fr$@king hilarious.

Here you go;

Random Player Sure.

Media Thank you.

Random Player Sure.

And what do you think Demetrius Bell would say that would cast light on this?

"Well, I don't think that I played as well as I could have played last year. I still have a long way to go, but I believe that I can be a really good NFL player, and I believe I can get the job done next year."

And then what? Would that stop the questioning? Of course they're all going to say they can be a starter. What else would they say? I'm certain that's what Mike Williams would have said if they had interviewed him between seasons. And Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston and Jamie Nails.

Bell was absolutely horrible from day one. Profootballfocus scored him at MINUS 7.7 for the Pats* game.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=4533

Remember their system, they add up the grades for each game to give a final grade. So how bad is MINUS 7.7? For comparison's sake, the worst cumulative grade (every game score added up to give a score for the whole season) was recieved by Oakland's Mario Henderson, a MINUS 38.9. He played 16 games, so he averaged MINUS 2.4 per game. And he was the worst in the league, 77th out of 77. So in that Pats game, Bell was more than three times as bad as the average game of the worst OT in the league.

Do you seriously call that acquitting himself well? Seriously?

In eight games, he recieved one positive grade, that being a PLUS 0.4. All his other seven grades were negative. One grade was a MINUS 11.0. Against Cleveland. Cleveland? Yup, Cleveland. Injuries didn't destroy a promising season for this guy. Injuries prevented him from making an even more horrible spectacle of himself.

It's worth noting that he was by far the Bills lowest-ranked tackle, including the guys who replaced him. Jonathan Scott got a MINUS 14.2 in ten games, seven at LT, and Kirk Chambers got a MINUS 13.1. They all performed significantly better, in terms of both total score and average score per game. Bell's cumulative score, over eight (non-complete) games was MINUS 26.4. In fact, Bell was the lowest-ranked tackle in the league in terms of average score per game.

Don't kid yourself.