Ten days now, since the off-shore rig fire

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush got 19 minutes with 9/11...two days with Katrina...Dear Leader gets a fortnight.

Whats the diff?

Obama did come out yesterday and say he was personally going to be in charge of the response.

Did not inspire me with confidence. I want the experts in charge. The president's job is to shut the !@#$ up and let them do their work.

Obama did come out yesterday and say he was personally going to be in charge of the response.

Did not inspire me with confidence. I want the experts in charge. The president's job is to shut the !@#$ up and let them do their work.

like Brownie?

like Brownie?

Yes. Bush was right to let the people whose responsibiltiy it was to address it, address it. Until they couldn't, and he stepped in and gave the hot potato to those that could handle it.

His job was NOT to stand up and say "Relax, America. I've got this ****."

Yes. Bush was right to let the people whose responsibiltiy it was to address it, address it. Until they couldn't, and he stepped in and gave the hot potato to those that could handle it.

His job was NOT to stand up and say "Relax, America. I've got this ****."

1) Its "responsibility" not "responsibiltiy"

2) Funny how Gov Blanco and Mayor Nagin get a free ride but Bush takes all the blame.

1) Its "responsibility" not "responsibiltiy"

No ****, buckwheat. It's a typo.

2) Funny how Gov Blanco and Mayor Nagin get a free ride but Bush takes all the blame.

Do a search on my posts back then and you'll find I was far more scathing to the state local governments than I was Bush or FEMA, who weren't responsible for that idiotic "evacuate in place" idea or that idiotic disaster preparedness plan of "Wait three days for the federal government to rescue us".

He should. He's been held down from the man for over 200 years

:rolleyes: Nice

At least he has an excuse.

For the record, I am curious what BP and Transocean communicated to the Feds in the first few days of this incident. It certainly seems they did their best to conceal what was going on from the media. With that said, WTF, why didn't the feds conduct their own investigation? Assuming they were clueless that is. One final observation, this pic was uploaded on the laughingstock Wikipedia at 23:03, 23 April 2010. Pity the Feds didn't google it.