Is Jeff Ireland's mom a prostitute?

prophylactic

The humor wasn't meant to be mean spirited.

It wasn't I who asked this gentleman if his mom was a hooker.

Hope this makes you feel better :P

I think you get the misspeeling and I get the mean spirited award. I really don't see anything mean or spirited about my post, but sage will be sage.

I might be in the minority but i fully believe if someone whether it be media or in a position of authority asks a athlete a personal insulting question like this that has nothing to do with football then said athlete should be allowed one shot....head or gut with no retribution whatsoever........

But that is just my opinion

If I had been asked that, I would be in Jail and his worthless ass still wouldn't be out of a hospital.

I suspect that the question was presented more to gauge Bryant's emotional reaction rather than his actual verbal response. As has been said, his mom's background has little relevancy and Ireland was trying to see how Bryant would respond when provoked. The reaction you suggest certainly would have disqualified Bryant from being drafted by the Dolphins.

I recall that Matt Stafford said last year that one of the teams he interviewed with kept pressing him about his parents' having divorced, trying to see if he would allow the questioning to get under his skin. The way these kids are dissected by the GMs and scouts is crazy, and I suspect that there are many other teams that use these same tactics.

I am sorry if that's true, but it doesn't change the point of my post.

not to enter into a sticky wicket here, but prostitutes may have died when the twin towers collapsed. Hell...even investment bankers died..I don't think dying in the twin towers washes away one's sins.

In many reports I have read on him there is mention that he was raised by his mother who has had several run ins with the law and had 3 kids by age 18. I'm not saying history repeats itself EVERY TIME but I am saying that black trash normally raises black trash. Just putting a suit or a jersey on the kid does not change much, he still has trash for a mother. She would have been better off having an abortion. She got lucky that her son turned out to be a meal ticket out of town.

To all of those that this post enrages, tough beans! It is not your mother I am insulting, and no one is perfect. I do not have to be pro life, and in fact I am not pro choice. I am pro abortion. I think more people should get them.

Seldom does a week go by when I don't take a few moments to think how lucky I am to have been born to a stable and strong family.

People can't choose their parents. It's the luck of the draw. Dez Bryant didn't choose his parents. And Bryant's mom didn't choose her parents.

Unless you (jboyst) have overcome great adversity in your life, you really have no right to judge someone who has.

I'm really sorry I had to read your post on this board.

I suspect that the question was presented more to gauge Bryant's emotional reaction rather than his actual verbal response. As has been said, his mom's background has little relevancy and Ireland was trying to see how Bryant would respond when provoked. The reaction you suggest certainly would have disqualified Bryant from being drafted by the Dolphins.

I recall that Matt Stafford said last year that one of the teams he interviewed with kept pressing him about his parents' having divorced, trying to see if he would allow the questioning to get under his skin. The way these kids are dissected by the GMs and scouts is crazy, and I suspect that there are many other teams that use these same tactics.

I think that was the 49ers

As for Ireland, that line of questioning is highly inapropriate, I don't care what kind of job its for. It is non of his buisness, unless he was looking to make a transaction later on. What does his mom ever being a prostitute have to do with him playing NFL football?

So, listening to Colin Cowherd this am, he mentioned that he felt the Ireland question to Dez Bryant was ok in the sense that you need to ask tough questions of players. People who a franchise will be investing millions of dollars in. He said playing in the NFL isn't your typical job interview. And Ireland's question fell into that arena of a "tough question."

So, if that's true, it goes both ways. GM's are in charge of billion dollar NFL franchises. They are responsible for making the organization run. Equally strict questions should be asked. So, my question is, "Is Jeff Ireland's mom a prostitute?" I think, per Cowherd, that it's a "tough" question.

In all seriousness, if you're a GM, you need to be a lot smarter about how you ask tough questions and the kind of questions you come up with. Jeff Ireland obviously doesn't have the common sense to do this. He was tactless and callous. In short, not the world knows Jeff Ireland is an ass. And, he only apologized after the story surfaced. Not before. That cements him being an ass in my book. Way to go Jeff. Even if your mom were a prostitute, she'd still be embarrassed by you.

Gotta say I'm not exactly with you on this one, Beast Mode. I also heard Cowherd talking about the topic this morning on his radio show, and IMO he was spot on with most of the things he was saying about it. Some team, maybe Ireland's own Dolphins, were in the process of paying the guy $30-40 million. Along with him being a big factor in the franchise's future at every level possible. Bryant obviously has an extremely shady background, and if you are a potential employer that would be putting that much financial and tangible (W-L wise) risk into his selection, you have every right to investigate his background as deep as possible. That includes the background of his family life, and like Cowherd said, having a mother that has run into legal trouble as often as she has is a major issue that could easily have a negative affect on the player's character. This would include the possibility of her being a prostitute. Ireland's job, as well as other coaches, players, and front office personnel, could potentially be on the line if a pick like that blows up on them and sets the team back for multiple seasons. I think Colin put it best: I don't know if it's a question that I would have asked in that venue, but Ireland, as his role dictates as essentially a recruiter for a $40 million job, has every right to ask it if he wants.