JaMarcus Russel about to be cut

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the worst starting quarterback of the last 10 years. Awful. Ooooo he throws far, shiny.

At this point (given his weight), he's better suited to come in and compete for our LT spot.

the Bills made it work with a TE, why not a QB? Maybe Jackie Chan Gailey makes his own version of the wildcat where the ball gets snapped to the LT who throws it deep to Evans? Evans was most productive when he had JP throwing him the deep ball..................

the Bills made it work with a TE, why not a QB? Maybe Jackie Chan Gailey makes his own version of the wildcat where the ball gets snapped to the LT who throws it deep to Evans? Evans was most productive when he had JP throwing him the deep ball..................

Yes. We could call it the "Wild Bore" Offense.

He's up to 429 pounds now.

He's like Bart in the Simpsons episode where Homer gains weight to get on disability.

"Ah wersh mahself wit a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaag on a stick!"

:lol::w00t: When will this garbage picking stop? I sense a real lack of of self esteem in some Bills fans. Every time someone flicks a cigarette butt on the street they dive for it. My God, a RAIDERS castoff?

Remember this?...none of that looks so good any more! That whole class of QB's can get flushed. It was my brothers wedding day and I remember having the bar tender running me draft picks. Young, Leinert, Cutler...sucks.

Watch the video, please! It is amazing after the draft to be ab le to see these kinds of highlights...and...now...(I tried looking for a highlight but you cannot recognize what has not been done.)

I disagree with this. I think the jury's still out on Cutler, but he should still be a good quarterback. He's not in the same ballpark as Russell, that's for sure. He threw a lot of interceptions last year but he also made a lot of big plays. I think he'll bounce back in a big way this year. He should be a great quarterback in the league.

Leinart hasn't really had much playing time yet, so I'm not going to comment on him.

Also I don't know why you're posting about Young, Young stepped in for Collins last year after the Titans' terrible start, and he had a great season. He's emerged as the starter again with the Titans, and he led that team to a lot of wins last year, and back to 500. ball after a dismal start.

Russell and a ham sandwich gives you......a guy lookin' for another ham sandwich!

:w00t:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT Career

354 680 4083 52.1 6.00 86 x 18 23 70 xxxx 65.2

So, roughly 450k a sack? :lol:

Hmm....so would you rather take 70 sacks or have to fight Evander Holyfield in his prime (no falling down on the first punch either!)

It's almost like once he signed the contract he did almost everything he could, with the Raiders playing their own inept part in the circus, to force the team to cut him.

Hey, he got tens of millions in guaranteed $ as long as he just showed up. If he uses it right, and he can still live large by all definitions, he'll never have to lift a pinkie again if he doesn't want to.

More reason for staying the !@#$ away from the Top Five --- and instituting a rookie pay system --- I cannot think.

It's almost like once he signed the contract he did almost everything he could, with the Raiders playing their own inept part in the circus, to force the team to cut him.

Hey, he got tens of millions in guaranteed $ as long as he just showed up. If he uses it right, and he can still live large by all definitions, he'll never have to lift a pinkie again if he doesn't want to.

More reason for staying the !@#$ away from the Top Five --- and instituting a rookie pay system --- I cannot think.

Heh.

Reminds me of the 1999 draft. Ditka and NO offered them the deal for Ricky, but owner Brown insisted on QB Akili Smith. Rumor had it that HC Coslet was livid about the turn-down of NO's entire draft.

Akili was no NFL qb (he played with the Pirates before, and only had 1 year at Oregon). He was a gamer, tough as nails. He needed that, with that train wreck of a club. When he was cut, he walked off with an additional $4M of Mikie's precious dough. :P

Smith was a smart guy - I would guess that he invested it well.

This is a perfect example of just how much of a roll-of-the-dice the draft really is, especially the first round. The CBS article said the Raiders have already spent over 38 million on this guy.

If there is going to be a lockout next year, it's going to be over the first round of the draft. I don't care how rich the owners are, no one wants to throw 38 million out the window.

Remember this?...none of that looks so good any more! That whole class of QB's can get flushed. It was my brothers wedding day and I remember having the bar tender running me draft picks. Young, Leinert, Cutler...sucks.

Watch the video, please! It is amazing after the draft to be ab le to see these kinds of highlights...and...now...(I tried looking for a highlight but you cannot recognize what has not been done.)

BA BA BOOEY BA BA BOOEY FA FA FLUNKEY