Pats new TE (Aaron Hernandez) tested positive for weed...

boyst

So is drinking. Wanna test for that too?

So are women. So are video games.

I wonder how many guys on Super Bowl winning teams, in it's HISTORY, could've failed "the weed test". I don't think it's a big indicator of "distractability". I think the pain killers these guys need to take would certainly have a bigger effect on a player's drive.

The NFL is running on pharmaceuticals (and women).

I read the funniest justification of how pot can be performance enhancing drug. Because users get hungry, it helps the players maintain the weight they need during the season. :lol:

Hernandez responds today that it was one failed test, not multiple. And that failure was back in 2008.

“Leading up to the draft, I provided every interested NFL team with all the information asked of me about football and my personal life. I was as candid as I could possibly be about everything, including my one single violation of the team’s substance testing policy over the course of three years at the University of Florida. That is why I was very surprised and disappointed by the recent inaccurate report of additional violations. I regret what happened, I learned from it and will make better decisions going forward. I couldn’t be more excited about beginning my NFL career and representing the New England Patriots well.”

Hernandez Responds

Further,

The reality is, a student-athlete at the University of Florida would not have the opportunity to fail multiple drug tests, based on the school's substance abuse policy, without missing massive playing time due to suspension and jeopardizing his or her career.

According to the policy, a first positive test results in additional testing and drug counseling.

A second positive test would result in a suspension for 10 percent (one game) of the season and mandatory counseling. A third would cost an athlete 20 percent of the season.

Testing positive for a fourth time would result in a suspension for 50 percent of the season.

A fifth positive test would mean an immediate one-year suspension, with the chance to seek reinstatement at the end of the suspension.

In 2006, star defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was suspended for five games after testing positive for marijuana a second time within months. Thomas appealed the penalty, saying he believed the second positive test was related to the first. UF's drug committee reduced the suspension to two games, but Thomas was dismissed from the team by UF coach Urban Meyer later in the national championship season for failing to attend a mandatory drug education class.

Thomas, drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round in the 2007 draft, is still playing in the NFL with the Broncos.

If Hernandez failed multiple drug tests at Florida, it is not reflected in his playing record. He played in 40 of the 41 games the Gators played in his three years at UF.

Hernandez

+1 to both of you guys. Legalize it and tax so you can reduce the influence of the drug cartels along the border while giving a cash crop to the farmers.

The only sports that should test for weed are any sports with guns or motor vehicles.

I disagree. It can be a preformance enhancer, despite what everyone says. What about competitive eating contests?