Tony Washington

A registered sex offender is a tough sell. In some minds those three words are worse than what Michael Vick, PacMan, and Rothlisberger have done.

Bills Fans "I dont know Ralph - a registered sex offender in Buffalo...."

Ralph "He is widely regarded as one of the best OT prospects to come out his year"

Bills Fans "SOLD!!! Let me renew my season tickets!!!"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, he's been blackballed by goodell, it's been confirmed.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your assertion that Washington was blackballed by Goodell. I simply don't know. Where did you get your confirming information that brought you to that conclusion? I haven't seen any articles suggesting Goodell made any comments about the Washington situation.

no, he's been blackballed by goodell, it's been confirmed.

How's that?

Can't imagine a guy being black-balled by the Commish but still getting an invite to the Combine...Not saying you're wrong...Just saying...Did you see some proof that Goodell is black-balling the Kid? :P

Well there are clearly a few posters in this thread that jerk off while thinking about their sister.

!@#$ing perverts.

This is exactly the type of ignorant attitude that is not needed here or anywhere. If someone shows any amount of tolerance, sympathy, or forgiveness towards another human being that has done wrong, you automatically act like the forgiving person has committed the crime themselves? That is just pathetic. I hope that post was only an attempt at trolling. Otherwise, you should keep your moral high-ground attitude separate from your fandom of a sports franchise and out of here.

This is exactly the type of ignorant attitude that is not needed here or anywhere. If someone shows any amount of tolerance, sympathy, or forgiveness towards another human being that has done wrong, you automatically act like the forgiving person has committed the crime themselves? That is just pathetic. I hope that post was only an attempt at trolling. Otherwise, you should keep your moral high-ground attitude separate from your fandom of a sports franchise and out of here.

You should stop sniffing your sister's panties.

You think any team wants to deal with the headache of being known as the team that signed the guy that screws his sister?

It's cool that you are all about forgiveness when it comes to incest, but understand that in the real world not everyone is so tolerant.

who knows how much film they have watched on him... the only reason I have ever herd of the school is from tony's performance at the combine...

After I watched him in the drills I then went back and tried to get any film available (obviously since I am not a pro scout and am just a football geek I didn't request film from the school) and the only stuff I could find was a few highlight reels from games his school played in the 2009 and 2008 campaigns on youtube....

That being said he looks dominating against his D2 opponents...

I will tell you that he is a good player. I have seen him. I wouldn't lambast our front office for not taking him

Link?

my source @ the panthers who will remain anonymous, I called him to tell him my theory and he confirmed that goodell has indeed sent out a memo to all 32 teams that TW, "while an intriguing prospect, does not possess the proper moral fiber to be considered eligible for the NFL. He shall not be drafted or signed post-draft by any team without serious penalty"

thats the gist of it, sorry no link though it's supposed to be "confidential" so you wont find it online

my source @ the panthers who will remain anonymous, I called him to tell him my theory and he confirmed that goodell has indeed sent out a memo to all 32 teams that TW, "while an intriguing prospect, does not possess the proper moral fiber to be considered eligible for the NFL. He shall not be drafted or signed post-draft by any team without serious penalty"

thats the gist of it, sorry no link though it's supposed to be "confidential" so you wont find it online

I'm calling a big fat BS on this one.

I'm not questioning you but I am questioning your source. If 32 teams were informed by the commissioner's memo don't you think it would have come out publicly, directly or indirectly. Goodell is a lawyer. I'm not sure it would be prudent for him to blackball a player in writing.

There is something odd about 32 teams with various organizational cultures and strong willed independent owners passing on a so called talent. So your theory about him being blackballed has some currency. Another surprising aspect of this situation is that you haven't heard any complaints coming from Washington or anyone associated with him, such as agents and mentors. I'm sure there is more to the story and for sure it will come out.

I would have no problem with giving him a chance. He payed for his transgressions. From what I have read about him it seems that he has behaved in a very responsible way for the past number of years.

You should stop sniffing your sister's panties.

You think any team wants to deal with the headache of being known as the team that signed the guy that screws his sister?

It's cool that you are all about forgiveness when it comes to incest, but understand that in the real world not everyone is so tolerant.

Felonies have never gotten in the way of teams signing players. Why stop now?

I'm not questioning you but I am questioning your source. If 32 teams were informed by the commissioner's memo don't you think it would have come out publicly, directly or indirectly. Goodell is a lawyer. I'm not sure it would be prudent for him to blackball a player in writing.

There is something odd about 32 teams with various organizational cultures and strong willed independent owners passing on a so called talent. So your theory about him being blackballed has some currency. Another surprising aspect of this situation is that you haven't heard any complaints coming from Washington or anyone associated with him, such as agents and mentors. I'm sure there is more to the story and for sure it will come out.

I would have no problem with giving him a chance. He payed for his transgressions. From what I have read about him it seems that he has behaved in a very responsible way for the past number of years.

All you need to do is buy an NFL franchise then.......

Exactly. If the blackballing is occurring, it would be verbal communication. Still, I do think one team would give him a chance. Odd that he hasn't been given a chance as an undrafted FA seeing that some opinions had him as high as the 2nd round. I have to agree that something may be going on.

Opinions were high at the combine PRIOR to discovering his past, he had 1 team at his proday workout.

If somebody gives him a shot and defies the sheriff then good, he deserves a shot, but based on the rep of ole' iron fist goodell, I wouldn't hold my breath. I suspect Mr. Washington is as close to he's ever gonna get at being an NFL player.

Ok, if it's such a basic concept, just explain it to the best of your ability. Why is consensual incest morally wrong?

By the way, your above post is classic ad hominem. You can't think of something relevant to say, so you just try to degrade the person you're debating.

I personally would never have sex with my sister because of my cultural conditioning...I find the idea gross. But why would it be morally wrong?

And because of my cultural conditioning I would never let someone with your cultural conditioning watch my kids. Get over it.

The fact that anyone would ask if that is morally wrong is why this country has completely lost it's ability to decipher right and wrong. You should immediately go slap your parents for not teaching you the important stuff. but at least :thumbsup: you can use ad hominem in a sentence.