UDFA Antonio Coleman Video

Wasn't Maybin's 40 time similar?

No Maybin was all speed no size...ran a 4.5 I believe...but as "great" as Maybin has been hehehehe that's sarcasm...I believe this kid has a shot...he's a scrapper with good size at OLB in a 3-4...depending on how good he is with reads...they had trouble getting hands on him for a slow guy...I like that...I hope he makes the team and gives us some depth and toughness at the OLB spots...he reminds me a little of Grant Irons

He will play LB if he does... don't think size is a factor for him speed? maybe

Height / Weight: 6-3 / 261

I know a LB on a certain team much smaller than him..... Ellison Height: 6-0 Weight: 229

I thought you were Maybi talking about someone that is 6-4 "250."

I'll agree that the highlight video had some impressive stuff. I think that he's definitely got some football player in him. His measurables are apparently pretty crappy and he's apparently inconsistant, but you don't get to be the leader in both sacks and tackles for loss in the toughest conference by luck alone.

A steal as an UFA.

I really wasn't impressed with his highlight video. Sure he led the conference in sacks, but sometimes the result aren't indicative of the process. I really didn't see him making any moves... Several of those sacks were the result of awful blocking. It looked like he took a lot of chances on runs giving up position.

Overall I thought he looked like he had above average speed for the college level, but that might not translate to the NFL. I would have like to see him shed more blockers, or show some sort of move other than running around the outside.

They say he doesn't have the speed to really get after the QB in the NFL. Runs a 4.76 in the 40.

Here's one scouting report on him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...nio-Coleman.php

Strengths:

Good athlete --- Nice balance and body control --- Does a great job in pursuit --- Uses his hands well --- Understands leverage --- Reliable tackler --- Varied repertoire of moves --- Active and aggressive --- Good instincts and awareness --- Top-notch competitor --- Super productive.

Weaknesses:

Lacks the height and bulk that you look for --- Just average speed and quickness --- Marginal burst --- Not real strong or powerful --- Struggles to get off blocks --- Gets thrown around by massive blockers --- Does not hold up against the run --- Inconsistent motor --- Durability issues.

Notes:

Was a three-year starter for the Tigers --- Named 1st Team All-SEC in 2008 and 2009 --- Led the SEC in both sacks and tackles for a loss as a senior --- Could project to defensive end in a 4-3 defense or outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme --- Battled an assortment of ankle, wrist and shoulder injuries during his career --- Classic 'tweener who lacks the size to play with his hand down at the next level but may not have the speed to stand up either --- Terrific college player but certainly not the top pro prospect that his press clippings would lead you to believe

Goodness why didn't we draft this guy in the 9 spot...oh wait, we got him during last years first pick.

No Maybin was all speed no size...ran a 4.5 I believe...but as "great" as Maybin has been hehehehe that's sarcasm...I believe this kid has a shot...he's a scrapper with good size at OLB in a 3-4...depending on how good he is with reads...they had trouble getting hands on him for a slow guy...I like that...I hope he makes the team and gives us some depth and toughness at the OLB spots...he reminds me a little of Grant Irons

I though I read somewhere that Maybin ran like a 4.8 in the 40....I could be wrong though.

How this guy slipped through the draft is beyond me. He reminded me of Joey Porter watching him. Looks like we found a diamond in the rough here. This guy led the SEC in sacks which is probably the toughest division in college football

To me, throw a pitt jersey on this guy and he would blend right in with the steelers. Like this pick-up, terell suggs also ran sub 4.7 in the 40!!!!