2010 Schedule - Where are the Wins?

If things really fall in our favor, I can see 12 wins, but we do have a legit shot at 10 wins if our run defense improves and we can get more out of our offense (with chan and spiller, i'm confident we can)

best case:12-4

worst case 7-9

The thing is, if someone set the over/under on Bills wins this season at 9-7, you know as well as I do that you would NEVER pony up a few grand to bet on the over at 1:1 odds.

Because you don't even really believe that 12-4 garbage when it comes down to it.

The thing is, if someone set the over/under on Bills wins this season at 9-7, you know as well as I do that you would NEVER pony up a few grand to bet on the over at 1:1 odds.

Because you don't even really believe that 12-4 garbage when it comes down to it.

Let the guy dream

People have to remember that this team MAY have been 2-3 games better than they were last year if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

Or the last minute bonehead close losses which should be hopefully mitigated with a playmaker like spiller and improved defense up front.

We could have easily been 11-5 last year with a pathetic offense and defense.

We lost 5 games by less than 1 touchdown.

Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots L, 24-25 Win-able

Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers W, 33-20 W

Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints L, 7-27 L

Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins L, 10-38 L

Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns L, 3-6 Win-able

Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets W, 16-13 W

Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers W, 20-9 W

Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans L, 10-31 L

Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans L, 17-41 L

Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars L, 15-18 Win-able

Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins W, 31-14 W

Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) L, 13-19 Win-able

Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs W, 16-10 W

Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots L, 10-17 Win-able

Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons L, 3-31 L

Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts W, 30-7 W

I would never gamble on my team to begin with, its stupid to bet on your own teams.

do I believe we will be 12-4...No, but do I think it is possible, given that we catch a few breaks...Yes

there's nothing wrong with optimism homeboy, it makes life much easier

I still contend that there is NO WAY this team, or any team for that matter can be worse than a Dick Jauron coached team. Simply not mathematically possible.

I would not have been surprised if Dick Jauron would have taken a knee by mistake on a last drive in a come-from-behind game.

I look at it very simply:

Bears do Bear stuff

Bees do Bee stuff

Dick Jauron loses games

Hell, this guy couldn't even win as many games in a season as Kay frickin Stephenson. Lets all agree that this season coming up has the potential to be fun to watch at times, but lets not get crazy about a playoff run, although the 19-0 prediction gave me a good laugh. :flirt:

Reverand Cleofus, is that you?

Don't even have the courage of your own convictions, do ya?

Jees, If you're going to be a pessimist - don't do it half assed - go all the way!

Exactly! I was getting ready for my reply to the typical "with the first pick in the 2011 draft the Buffalo Bills select..." post, but then you have us at 6-10, which is okay for a pessimist.

The biggest thing I would say from my observations in the past, is that the schedule NEVER plays out how it looks. Two years ago we had @Arizona as a win by just about everybody, because it is Arizona and they are terrible. Whoops, but then they were a Super Bowl team, and we got destroyed, but no chance against the Chargers and @ Denver, but we won both of those games.

We might feel like we are locked into 5 to 7 win mediocrity, but the simple truth is the rest of the teams have way too much turnover and variation from year to year for the schedule to be what it seems.

It is kinda like the the third round of the draft: not a good place for accurate quick assessments by the casual fan. Regardless of how our team comes together (I remain optimistic), three teams on our schedule will be a bunch worse than we would expect and three teams on our schedule will be a lot stronger than we expect.

If Mauron were still coach I would expect us to be in line for six or seven wins, but still wouldn't put my money on which ones. With the new sheriff in town I would put us down from five to ten wins and have no idea which.

Usual lack of optimism post on this board.

1) Dolphins at Bills - W

2) Bills at Packers - W

3) Bills at Patriots - L

4) Jets at Bills - L

5) Jaguars at Bills - W

6) BYE

7) Bills at Ravens - L

7) Bills at Chiefs - W

8) Bears at Bills - L

9) Lions at Bills - W

10) Bills at Bengals - W

11) Steelers at Bills - L

12) Bills at Vikings - L

14) Browns at Bills - W

15) Bills at Dolphins - W

16) Patriots at Bills - L

17) Bills at Jets - W

I have the Bills at 9-7. Mainly because we'll sneak some out in the early part of the season and when youth gains experience pull out some tough wins in the later part of the season.

People have to remember that this team MAY have been 2-3 games better than they were last year if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

Can't see it. GB, Cincy and fish will be trouble.

You are having trouble dealing with the facts, it appears. Bills viewing this year should be limited mainly to home games against similar, division 2, "minor league" nfl teams. Otherwise, many a sunday will be wasted and frustrating. I think the original poster was correct. Sad, but correct. The Bills are bad, the staff and schemes are brand new, and the players are either adjusting to new positions and schemes or are rookies. the schedule is brutal. do the math, this season will be a nightmare, just like last year. sucks, but it is very difficult to argue any other way... go ahead, be a fan, that's great, the Bills still exist because of fans like that. 2011 will be the year things probably start turning around. The draft told me these guys are looking at a 3-5 year plan to get the franchise competitive again. Same as they did in San Diego. So don't look for anything great in 2010.

What facts am I having trouble with? I am under no illusions with this team but I am still a fan and the off-season is the only time to be optimistic. Or I could be miserable all year like some here.

Once again, I continue to laugh as I look at all of these people that actually believe the Bills will win more the 5 games at most this upcoming season.

Some are so blinded by loyalty and what they consider optimism that they refuse to face the realities of the facts at hand.

You need to score points to win games. Good luck with that this season.

You need a QB worth a dam, I don't see one on the roster.

Please, keep drinking the kool aid, I get a kick out of the 9-7 or 8-8 responses.

We could have easily been 11-5 last year with a pathetic offense and defense.

We lost 5 games by less than 1 touchdown.

Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots L, 24-25 Win-able

Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers W, 33-20 W

Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints L, 7-27 L

Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins L, 10-38 L

Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns L, 3-6 Win-able

Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets W, 16-13 W

Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers W, 20-9 W

Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans L, 10-31 L

Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans L, 17-41 L

Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars L, 15-18 Win-able

Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins W, 31-14 W

Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) L, 13-19 Win-able

Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs W, 16-10 W

Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots L, 10-17 Win-able

Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons L, 3-31 L

Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts W, 30-7 W

totally agree holy crap...with a joke as headcoach, a o-coor in over his head and two count them two lousy qb's.........hmmm now have a real nfl coach who doubles as a legit coordinator - check check.....who's the QB before we can predict anything- I'm still holding out for a trade

Once again, I continue to laugh as I look at all of these people that actually believe the Bills will win more the 5 games at most this upcoming season.

Some are so blinded by loyalty and what they consider optimism that they refuse to face the realities of the facts at hand.

You need to score points to win games. Good luck with that this season.

You need a QB worth a dam, I don't see one on the roster.

Please, keep drinking the kool aid, I get a kick out of the 9-7 or 8-8 responses.

Please go wash your patriots jersey and stop insulting other people's opinions. I don't see any facts behind your post that makes your prognostication any different, unless your channeling Nostradamus, and in that case make yourself useful and PM me some winning lottery numbers.