Draft thoughts  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Draft Thoughts

• They are filling holes
    • They keep reaching
    • Taking needs over big names
    • Just terribel so far
    • Other

I know, you cant grade a draft until 3 years later usually. But I wanted to know what you thought of the Bills draft through 4 rounds.

I will be honest. I dont understand what they are doing. Other than Spiller, I dont like any other pick. I think you had to take a shot at Mccoy. And that they reached for Troupe

Your thoughts?

I know, you cant grade a draft until 3 years later usually. But I wanted to know what you thought of the Bills draft through 4 rounds.

I will be honest. I dont understand what they are doing. Other than Spiller, I dont like any other pick. I think you had to take a shot at Mccoy. And that they reached for Troupe

Your thoughts?

They reached for Troupe? Let me guess, you would have rather us taken Cam Thomas right? The guy who still to this point hasn't been drafted. Troupe is 6'5 320. He is the quintessential 3-4 run stuffer. Who else was going to play NT? 6'3 295 Kyle Williams? Please. And Carrington lit up his opposition at the senior bowl and had 19.5 sacks in 24 games over the last two years of his career. The guy was a four year starter and was never injured. Their picks make sense, considering we haven't been able to stop the run for five years now. McCoy has tiny hands and a noodle arm Trent Edwards 2.0 that won't be able to throw in the November and December weather.

I think Nix, Gailey and Co. know what they're doing. I trust their judgment over the spittle frothing mental incompetents that frequent this board.

They reached for Troupe? Let me guess, you would have rather us taken Cam Thomas right? The guy who still to this point hasn't been drafted. Troupe is 6'5 320. He is the quintessential 3-4 run stuffer. Who else was going to play NT? 6'3 295 Kyle Williams? Please. And Carrington lit up his opposition at the senior bowl and had 19.5 sacks in 24 games over the last two years of his career. The guy was a four year starter and was never injured. Their picks make sense, considering we haven't been able to stop the run for five years now. McCoy has tiny hands and a noodle arm Trent Edwards 2.0 that won't be able to throw in the November and December weather.

I think Nix, Gailey and Co. know what they're doing. I trust their judgment over the spittle frothing mental incompetents that frequent this board.

You mean 6'2", 314?

What he said, with the added comment that these kids have had productive CAREERS.

He's 6'3" 314 but a fantastic pick.

So far I'll give the Bills a B+

Spiller is regarded by some as the best player in the draft.

Troup will be a stud and fills a desperate need

Carrington looks to be a great pick for a 3-4 end.

Easley looks like a good ST contributor with A LOT of upside if his talent can be unlocked.

Your thoughts?

What a stupid biased poll...you just basically gave all negative answers and one just ok answer...

I would give the draft a B+ right now...Spiller is one of the best, if not the best, player in this draft and Troup fits exactly what we needed in our front 7. If Troup can come in and compete right away and be solid then I think our D has top 10 potential hands down.

+10 :thumbsup:

well personally dick, i liked cody more than troupe. but if gonna take troupe, then trade down a bit. I mean look at NEW ENGLAND-thats how you draft. Carrington was ok, but troupe was a reach

and how do you have faith in nix? Because at this point, we just dont know if he knows what he is doing. I mean, where is our LT???

I agree with all who have enough sense to realize that to truly be able to assess the success of failure of a draft it will take 3-5 seasons.

That being said, I am excited about these picks. We grabbed a sensational, game-breaking threat for the offense, beefed up our D-line, grabbed a big, sure-handed WR with a good burst off of the line, and we just drafted a Tackle for the O-line.

I read a report that Jeff Garcia is a possibility at QB and he IS interested in coming to Buffalo. I've always loved Garcia, and feel that he got a raw deal in San Fran. With the exception of the hiccup in Cleveland, he has lit it up wherever he has played. As of 12:32pm this afternoon, both LeFevour and Pike are available. I'm not worried.

I think we could use a C or another G, and then maybe a LB and I'll be happy.

And don't forget, our scouts have not amounted to much this past decade, but Nix and Whaley are now running the show, and one place we do seem to find success is in the undrafted college free agents every year. If we can pluck 1 or 2 studs out of that pool, along w/our picks and maybe a Garcia signing at QB, I think we will be improved.

Guest dog14787
well personally dick, i liked cody more than troupe. but if gonna take troupe, then trade down a bit. I mean look at NEW ENGLAND-thats how you draft. Carrington was ok, but troupe was a reach

and how do you have faith in nix? Because at this point, we just dont know if he knows what he is doing. I mean, where is our LT???

Actually I thought Levitre did well in his short stint at LT last season where his good footwork becomes more of an asset.

Its possible the coaching staff is considering moving him to LT. In Levitre's senior season he was named to the 2008 Outland Trophy watch list and started all 13 games at left tackle. He registered a career-high 91 knockdowns and 14 touchdown-resulting blocks.

Actually I thought Levitre did well in his short stint at LT last season where his good footwork becomes more of an asset.

Its possible the coaching staff is considering moving him to LT. In Levitre's senior season he was named to the 2008 Outland Trophy watch list and started all 13 games at left tackle. He registered a career-high 91 knockdowns and 14 touchdown-resulting blocks.

i would agree with you, but thought the coaching staff said Levitre will play guard. I could be wrong but I swear I heard that

Cody wasnt even the next DT to get drafted...so clearly not everyone shared your evaluation on him

Cody wasnt even the next DT to get drafted...so clearly not everyone shared your evaluation on him

Scouts Inc. says: Well, they didn't think highly enough of Troup to produce a scouting report on him. They ranked him as the 13th-best defensive tackle.

well troup was way way down the list. So clearly not everyone shared the Bills evaluation on him

link: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...mccoy-for-troup

Troup was a reach bottom line. If bills want him that bad, you trade down and draft him. Stockpile picks like NEW ENGLAND does (Again, even though i hate N.E. they are very smart with trading picks)