Nix going to trade for LT?

Interesting quote from Nix last night:

"You say well we haven't addressed the offensive line," Nix said. "But we want to take a guy we know can come in and help us. And if they can't, we're gonna go to another guy. If you take a guy who can't play then you've compounded the problem. Now you've got two who can't play."

That sounds like he'd rather go get a LT than draft a project. Thoughts?

"You say well we haven't addressed the offensive line," Nix said. "But we want to take a guy we know can come in and help us. And if they can't, we're gonna go to another guy. If you take a guy who can't play then you've compounded the problem. Now you've got two who can't play."

Flozell Adams is still out there and I have a hunch that they are going to move Levitre to LT.

It looks like the Saints are overloaded at the T position; http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Charles Brown-T- Saints Apr. 24 - 7:57 am et

Saints GM Mickey Loomis explained that the team drafted OT Charles Brown at the back of round two not as an indictment of Jammal Brown or Jermon Bushrod, but because Brown offered too much value to pass.

This is the way to do it. "He was...the best available player for us on our board by far," said Loomis. "When it came to the pick, it was clearly the best available player." Brown's fall reminds us of William Beatty's last year. A projected first-round pick by virtually everyone, he'll probably end up being a steal as an athlete with ideal length to play left tackle.

Source: Baton Rouge Advocate

I believe they had Jammal Brown on the trading block earlier this year or at least a rumor to that effect. Git'er done Buddy!!

Also from Rotoworld;

Jammal Brown-T- Saints Apr. 24 - 8:01 am et

Saints GM Mickey Loomis was noncommittal when asked about his starting left tackle for the 2010 season Friday night.

"We're going to let it sort itself out," Loomis said. Particularly after Friday's steal of Charles Brown at No. 64, Jammal Brown is squarely on the trade block. He just can't be shipped off until he signs his restricted free agent tender. Brown's trade market will heat up immediately after the draft.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Does N.O. need a safety?

ETA: Greggo drafted Chris Kelsay, I wonder if they'd have any interest there?

I believe they had Jammal Brown on the trading block earlier this year or at least a rumor to that effect. Git'er done Buddy!!

6'6" - 318lbs and only 29. If his injury is fully healed, he would be a stud and really give the young guys a leader. Maybe they need another running back....or a safety......

That sounds like he's picking a guy that can come in and play rather than a project player. No where in them quotes I read we are trading for a LT.

That sounds like he's picking a guy that can come in and play rather than a project player. No where in them quotes I read we are trading for a LT.

True, but it's obvious there's nothing in the draft in the past two rounds who he felt could come in and play right away. I'm just speculating that it could be Buddy-speak for bringing in someone who can play right away after the draft via trade. Or maybe move Levitre to LT and get a guard.

True, but it's obvious there's nothing in the draft in the past two rounds who he felt could come in and play right away. I'm just speculating that it could be Buddy-speak for bringing in someone who can play right away after the draft via trade. Or maybe move Levitre to LT and get a guard.

Haven't they already said multiple times that they like Levitre at G much better than at T? I am pretty sure

the conversation was something like "we don't want to weaken two positions by moving him to where he

isn't as good".

Haven't they already said multiple times that they like Levitre at G much better than at T? I am pretty sure

the conversation was something like "we don't want to weaken two positions by moving him to where he

isn't as good".

No. Jauron said that, I haven't seen anything where Nix and Gailey said that.

Saints | Have talked with others about Jammal Brown

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:47:43 -0400

Continuing a previous story line, New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said the team has had brief talks with other teams about possibly trading OT Jammal Brown, reports Les East, of The Advocate. He would not get into specifics. He said the team did not draft OT Charles Brown in the second round with the intention of trading Jammal Brown.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/11323/nfl#ixzz0m1M3tkO9

Redskins | Reportedly have asked about Jammal Brown

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:48:02 -0400

The Washington Redskins have reached out to the New Orleans Saints regarding the availability of restricted free-agent OT Jammal Brown, a league source told The Washington Post's Jason Reid and Paul Tenorio.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/11323/nfl#ixzz0m1MIvv9U

The Redskins took TW in the first round and I'll assume they aren't in the market anymore which helps the Bills. JMO

Sounds like maybe he doesn't even know we need one? Are things ever going to change around here? I am not comparaing the players or the injury, but the Spiller pick reminds me of picking McGahee, drafting where we don't need and avoiding gapping holes.

Sounds like maybe he doesn't even know we need one? Are things ever going to change around here? I am not comparaing the players or the injury, but the Spiller pick reminds me of picking McGahee, drafting where we don't need and avoiding gapping holes.

Besides being RBs and picked in the 1st rnd, what else does Spiller and McGahee have in common?

Levitre is a guard for a reason.

Because he was a rookie.

He is one inch shorter than Jason peters, and did pretty damn good at the end of the season playing LT. In fact, he looked better at LT than at guard where he got blown up by the stronger interior guys too often. I would not be upset with Levitre playing LT.

After finding out about Travis Henry since then it was a good move. Hindsight is 20/20.

Because he was a rookie.

He is one inch shorter than Jason peters, and did pretty damn good at the end of the season playing LT. In fact, he looked better at LT than at guard where he got blown up by the stronger interior guys too often. I would not be upset with Levitre playing LT.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him at LT this year.