Ralphie just said that "Denver panicked"

"I think he was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

When it's time to negotiate a contract, Spiller's agent may remind Wilson that he thought Spiller was the best player in the draft.

Did you notice the last sentence that the writer couldn't help sticking in there?

I thought it was funny. Because I could see Spiller's agent mentioning it and Nix telling him "I agree, but he gets 9th overall money. Sorry."

Anyways, FWIW, Denver gave up #43, #70, and and #114 for the right to draft Tebow at #25.

On top of that, Denver may have had to throw in that #4 (114) due to the belief that the Bills were vying for the pick.

That would be great if they overpaid on account of us.

Anyways, just did the accounting:

#25=720 pts

#43=470 pts

#70=240 pts

#114=66 pts.

The #25 pick is 720 pts. The sum of the three picks is 776 pts.

Based on that, it was roughly a fair trade for both teams.

"I think he was the best player in the draft,'' Wilson said. "We've been dull for 10 years . . . no excitement. We've got to create some excitement.''

When it's time to negotiate a contract, Spiller's agent may remind Wilson that he thought Spiller was the best player in the draft.

That explains the Bills cellar dwelling right there. Meddling owner drafting who HE THINKs is the best player in the draft, when in reality he isnt even the best RB. What a joke. Hey Ralph, ever wonder why the Bills NEVER WIN?

I just hope that they sign this kid on time and get him into camp without any distractions. That Maybin nonsense last year didn't help anyone.

As far as I've heard, this is a great kid who was honor roll and very grounded so hopefully that holds up and he can be an example to some of these so called players on the team