Programming note: Draft on WECK

Lori

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick's first opinions on WECK: Jimmy Clausen seems like a snot-nosed punk, and the story told in the Roethlisberger witness statements is "vile."

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/M...n%201230%20WECK

What great commentary, Jimmy Clausen seems like a snot-nosed punk. :thumbsup: Great observation! Now write a ten minute song parody on it that most people who have never heard good radio will adore.

What great commentary, Jimmy Clausen seems like a snot-nosed punk. :thumbsup: Great observation! Now write a ten minute song parody on it that most people who have never heard good radio will adore.

You mean like the one that found its way onto the Sports Illustrated website? Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, Jimmy Traina must have really been a moron to give that song national exposure... :lol:

Is that Nick singing that? Who makes up the Bills rap songs?

Indeed it is -- in his spare time, he sings in a local band -- and he's also responsible for the Bills raps (which will re-emerge on WECK).

You mean like the one that found its way onto the Sports Illustrated website? Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, Jimmy Traina must have really been a moron to give that song national exposure... :thumbsup:

Ohhhh, you got me!! Jimmy Traina is not known for his comedic knowledge. Actually he is mostly unknown with the exception of diehards like yourself. I bet if you walked up to ten people on the street and asked them who Jimmy Traina was they would have no clue. Most jocks or sports guys aren't known for being great comedians. I challenge you to listen to Howard Stern and compare Nick's songs to theirs.

To each their own, I just find his sense of humor to be predictable and corny but like I stated in my original post, many people adore that stuff, hence the popularity of Dane Cook and Nickelback

The fact that you're comparing a sportstalk guy to Howard Stern tells me all I need to know. When I tune into a sportstalker, I'm not looking for an NC-17 standup act, I'm looking for informed opinions on, you know, sports.

And I stopped giving a damn about Stern's cretinous little corner of the universe a long time ago.

Indeed it is -- in his spare time, he sings in a local band -- and he's also responsible for the Bills raps (which will re-emerge on WECK).

I knew he was in a band. He used to tour the country when he was younger.........But, I never connected that stuff was him. I think those raps are pretty funny.

The fact that you're comparing a sportstalk guy to Howard Stern tells me all I need to know. When I tune into a sportstalker, I'm not looking for an NC-17 standup act, I'm looking for informed opinions on, you know, sports.

And I stopped giving a damn about Stern's cretinous little corner of the universe a long time ago.

I apologize if he is a friend and I offended you, I make the comparison because Nick is not attempting to be a "sportstalker" with his parodies. He is not strictly a sports talk guy and he trys to do comedy bits, which I find to be lacking. So, in this context making a comparison to someone who is highly successful in radio would be valid.

Is Nick M. the person who does standup comedy routines at some of the clubs around the region?