Big Ben gets 6 game suspension, w/possible reduction to 4

bluenews

The story on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Wednesday that he must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

After consultation with Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone Wednesday of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.

In a letter to Roethlisberger, Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the personal-conduct policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team offseason activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.

The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, Goodell added.

You gotta hand it to Sir Roger. He is not at a loss when it comes to bullshitting.

And wields it well when he feels his bottom line is being threatened.

Evaluated by professionals to see if he is fit to go to training camp.

Maybe we will see him on that celebrity rehab show on TV. I think they have sex addicts on there.

The story on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Wednesday that he must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

After consultation with Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone Wednesday of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.

In a letter to Roethlisberger, Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the personal-conduct policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team offseason activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.

The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, Goodell added.

Call in Tony Dungy!

please tell me where , when he was convicted of rape?.. when. it is all allegations!.. see kobe bryant!

Please tell me where, when OJ was convicted of murder? Sometimes there isn't enough evidence to go to trial but there is enough evidence to read the writing on the wall. If she sues him in civil court she'll probably win.

The other thing is that I am sure that there are many, many non drunk girls that would love nothing more than to have sex with him.

The guy is a friggen idiot and seems to like to push the envelope at the very least.

Rape isn't about sex it's about power; Link

Myth: Rape is sex.

Fact: Rape is experienced by the victims as an act of violence. It is a life-threatening experience. One out of every eight adult women has been a victim of forcible rape. (National Victim Center and Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, 1992) While sexual attraction may be influential, power, control and anger are the primary motives. Most rapists have access to a sexual partner. Gratification comes from gaining power and control and discharging anger. This gratification is only temporary, so the rapist seeks another victim.

I remember reading somewhere that sometimes rapists don't ejaculate and that's not unusual.

Good God...this is completely ridiculous...poor drunk h*e in a bar star chasin boo hoo boo hoo...please...he should sue her azz for slander like he's countersuing the other chic...please...she is of NO character...she has contradicting stories...and she followed HIM from bar to bar...which she says is a complete coincidence...give me a break...this is just another poor me bullcrap case...

THE REASON THE DA DROPPED THE CASE

please tell me where , when he was convicted of rape?.. when. it is all allegations!.. see kobe bryant!

In Goodell's letter to BR, he states "contributing to the delinquincy of a minor" was more than enough reason to come down so harshly on him:

"As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

... and then goes on to say

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

BR gets 6-game suspension

IMO, he definitely got off EASY! I hope the Bills stay far away from this jerk.

At BEST, he is an idiot.

At worst, he is a predator.

In Goodell's letter to BR, he states "contributing to the delinquincy of a minor" was more than enough reason to come down so harshly on him:

Huh? She was at what, 3 different bars that he was at? Wouldn't you assume she was at least 21 if she was in 3 different bars? I probably would. What's he supposed to do, ID every girl he was sex with in a bar bathroom?

Good God...this is completely ridiculous...poor drunk h*e in a bar star chasin boo hoo boo hoo...please...he should sue her azz for slander like he's countersuing the other chic...please...she is of NO character...she has contradicting stories...and she followed HIM from bar to bar...which she says is a complete coincidence...give me a break...this is just another poor me bullcrap case...

THE REASON THE DA DROPPED THE CASE

Have you seen The Accused ?

The NFL protecting its bottom line. Now that is the best explanation I have heard so far and it makes perfect sense.

Or maybe it's because they have reason to believe he forced himself upon her and that rape is wrong?

Huh? She was at what, 3 different bars that he was at? Wouldn't you assume she was at least 21 if she was in 3 different bars? I probably would. What's he supposed to do, ID every girl he was sex with in a bar bathroom?

Yeah, I can see where that could probably cut into his drinkin' time ....