OK With The Schedule

sven233

I know a lot of people in various places are complaining about the schedule, but I am actually fine with it. First, I personally like the 1:00 Sunday start times. Sure, night games are fun, but they usually end up with us losing in a different, head-scratching, fashion every time! Always seems like we dominate the games and then just find a way to mess them up when that should be impossible to do. So, i am fine with the early starts. And remember, if we are good through the season, there is always a chance of a flex game late, especially this year with so many divisional match-ups late.

Also, I know the first 4 games look awfully tough....and they are. However, playing our divisional games without them having tape on our new offense and new defense could actually help us a bit. I for one am thinking.....and praying.....that our offense is COMPLETELY different than what anyone has seen over the last 4 years. Hopefully, we won't be predictable in our attack and we can catch these tough division opponents before they really have a good understanding of what we are doing. Obviously the downside of this is that we will be installing a BRAND NEW system without much real prep-time against these teams. If we are not executing early, it could get ugly pretty quick. I am actually hoping that we play our starters a lot more in the preseason this year to make sure we are ready to roll opening day. Obviously, we will probably need all of the time we can get with our starters to make sure everyone is on the same page. Finally, I think if we could sneak out a couple of wins over a couple of division opponents early by some miracle, that would give this team some early season confidence that we can carry through the middle part of the season where I hope we are still in it instead of already out of it.

Our travel is not bad as well. There are stretches on the schedule where we won't see a plane for weeks at a time. We don't really have any long trips, so we will be at home as much as possible.

Finally, the division games down the stretch will be tough. Maybe 1 or 2 of them will have some things locked up, but I am not counting on that. I think this year, more than previous years, there will be more on the line in weeks 14-17.

So yeah, our schedule is fine. It is what it is. If we want to be a good team, we have to beat these teams at some point eventually.

I know a lot of people in various places are complaining about the schedule, but I am actually fine with it. First, I personally like the 1:00 Sunday start times. Sure, night games are fun, but they usually end up with us losing in a different, head-scratching, fashion every time! Always seems like we dominate the games and then just find a way to mess them up when that should be impossible to do. So, i am fine with the early starts. And remember, if we are good through the season, there is always a chance of a flex game late, especially this year with so many divisional match-ups late.

Also, I know the first 4 games look awfully tough....and they are. However, playing our divisional games without them having tape on our new offense and new defense could actually help us a bit. I for one am thinking.....and praying.....that our offense is COMPLETELY different than what anyone has seen over the last 4 years. Hopefully, we won't be predictable in our attack and we can catch these tough division opponents before they really have a good understanding of what we are doing. Obviously the downside of this is that we will be installing a BRAND NEW system without much real prep-time against these teams. If we are not executing early, it could get ugly pretty quick. I am actually hoping that we play our starters a lot more in the preseason this year to make sure we are ready to roll opening day. Obviously, we will probably need all of the time we can get with our starters to make sure everyone is on the same page. Finally, I think if we could sneak out a couple of wins over a couple of division opponents early by some miracle, that would give this team some early season confidence that we can carry through the middle part of the season where I hope we are still in it instead of already out of it.

Our travel is not bad as well. There are stretches on the schedule where we won't see a plane for weeks at a time. We don't really have any long trips, so we will be at home as much as possible.

Finally, the division games down the stretch will be tough. Maybe 1 or 2 of them will have some things locked up, but I am not counting on that. I think this year, more than previous years, there will be more on the line in weeks 14-17.

So yeah, our schedule is fine. It is what it is. If we want to be a good team, we have to beat these teams at some point eventually.

4-12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I really don't see how we can be any worse than last year. Just replacing Jauron and hiring a new strength and condition trainers has to be worth two wins. Considering the NE let down, the CLE and JAX games, the coaching switch and all the other things that we had going against us, I think 6-10 was pretty remarkable (sadly)

I think with a strong draft that 8-8 is very achievable. From there, as long as there is a season in '11, we should definately be poised for the playoffs!