Carriker Traded To The Redskins

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...er-to-redskins/

Things just got a bit more interesting if you ask me. I think this sets them up to take eitther Suh or McCoy #1 overall. Call me crazy, but I really think they may pass on Bradford.

I'm not making the same association, H20. Wouldn't trading for a D-lineman increase the likelihood that they would draft a quarterback?

Isn't it more likely that Carriker is a replacement for the soon-to-be-departed Albert Haynesworth?

Things just got a bit more interesting if you ask me. I think this sets them up to take eitther Suh or McCoy #1 overall. Call me crazy, but I really think they may pass on Bradford.

I think PFT's speculation is spot on, methinks they found a trade partner for Haynesworth. I still think they go LT.

I'm not making the same association, H20. Wouldn't trading for a D-lineman increase the likelihood that they would draft a quarterback?

Isn't it more likely that Carriker is a replacement for the soon-to-be-departed Albert Haynesworth?

Now I'm confused. Never mind quarterback. They have McNabb although Clausen to the Redskins rumors persist. More likely they will stick to drafting an offensive tackle.

Seeing how Carriker sat out the entire 2009 season with a serious injury, this might be more of a project signing rather than someone that Shanahan is going to pencil right in as a starter.

Seems to me that Rams regret drafting Carriker and don't think he's worth his contract. It will be nice to have him off the books as they try to sign the #1 pick.

I DON'T think this means anything in terms of Haynesworth though....at least not yet. But it does raise an interesting question about which position the Rams pick at #1.

Now I'm confused. Never mind quarterback. They have McNabb although Clausen to the Redskins rumors persist. More likely they will stick to drafting an offensive tackle.

H2O I believe is referencing the Rams having options at #1 since they traded Carriker; he's not talking about the Redskins.

Not at all, in my opinion.

Why would the trading of a guy that missed the entire 2009 season change anything? Especially when you consider that the team signed Fred Robbins in free agency, I think the two events are not related.

Besides, as I've said many times, I don't see the Rams paying $40M in guarantees to a DT at No. 1...

I think they get rid of a DT because they plan on taking another DT. :rolleyes:

Not at all, in my opinion.

Why would the trading of a guy that missed the entire 2009 season change anything? Especially when you consider that the team signed Fred Robbins in free agency, I think the two events are not related.

Besides, as I've said many times, I don't see the Rams paying $40M in guarantees to a DT at No. 1...

Don't know how many years Robbins has left in the tank.

The wisdom today is that the Rams will pick Bradford but to my mind this is a hugely risky proposition for them. They are the worst team in football and they have a record of drafting as poorly as to the result as the Lions did when Matt Millen was in the saddle. Can the Rams afford to write an 80 million dollar contract for a quarterback who is far from a guaranteed franchise guy? Don't get me wrong, I like Bradford but in spite of his 236 lbs he looks frail to me, like a skinny kid. He was very well protected in Oklahoma, which would not be the case in St Louis and I cringe to think what will happen when the big nasties get after him with a mind to do to him what Colonel Saunders does to a chicken. He goes down and maybe so does the franchise. Could be a blow from which they never recover.

Compare that with drafting a sure fire multiple pro bowler at a position of need for them who will likely start for the next 12 years.

They will probably do it, but I really wonder if, all things considered, they can afford to draft the quarterback. If they do, they will all be holding their breath whenever he takes a snap. At least SJ will be there to help him (if no one else can).