OK....CALM DOWN

DeeRay

As Bledsoe's #1 "blaster", I will give him his due today. He had a very good game, which I never thought I would say. So, here's to you Drew!!!

BUT... I'll caution the "Drew Fan Club"... Trust me, this performance was "fools gold". Let's not foget Drew also threw 3 pix and was hardly pressured. Even the sack Price gave up, I could not believe that Drew could not sense that the opposing DE was bearing down on him. All he had to do was step forward... and let us not forget, Seattle, like the Rams... is a horrible team and they're banged up... especially on defense. So, let's put the game in perspective... It was a much needed "W" on the road for the Bills. It is still hard to "measure" this team in terms of where they stand as a team... "contender" or "pretender". Will they once again disappoint us in Miami after winning two in a row like they did after wins against the Jets and Cards, only to totally meldown in New England? Stay tuned... this week's game against the Fins will tell the truth. The Fins are still a force on D and can force Drew into being Drew... and Drew gives Miami their best chance to score points. A win in Miami may signal the Bills have turned the corner. However, a loss in Miami will mean the same ole, same ole... no where near ready for prime time.

As Bledsoe's #1 "blaster", I will give him his due today.  He had a very good game, which I never thought I would say.  So, here's to you Drew!!!

BUT... I'll caution the "Drew Fan Club"... Trust me, this performance was "fools gold". Let's not foget Drew also threw 3 pix and was hardly pressured.  Even the sack Price gave up, I could not believe that Drew could not sense that the opposing DE was bearing down on him.  All he had to do was step forward... and let us not forget, Seattle, like the Rams... is a horrible team and they're banged up... especially on defense.  So, let's put the game in perspective... It was a much needed "W" on the road for the Bills.  It is still hard to "measure" this team in terms of where they stand as a team... "contender" or "pretender".  Will they once again disappoint us in Miami after winning two in a row like they did after wins against the Jets and Cards, only to totally meldown in New England?  Stay tuned... this week's game against the Fins will tell the truth.  The Fins are still a force on D and can force Drew into being Drew... and Drew gives Miami their best chance to score points.  A win in Miami may signal the Bills have turned the corner.  However, a loss in Miami will mean the same ole, same ole... no where near ready for prime time.

137260[/snapback]

I can't figure out why people are saying that the Seahawks suck... They were 6-5, leading their division, and at home. How is that sucking?

I also completely disagree on the sack; Price (in for an injured Jennings) totally missed the block and the DE ran in untouched. Nearly impossible to avoid.

The three interceptions sucked; however, it was a case of being aggressive, something people have been asking for here for awhile. Plus, the Seahawks are known for their ball-hawking defense.

Will his play continue? Hope so, but as you said, who knows. However, I'll take play like yesterday's any day. He led some pretty impressive drives.

The defense rocked as well, holding arguably the best RB in the league to nearly nothing (not happy from a FF perspective, as he's my starting RB, but that's ok. :blush: )

CW

Even the sack Price gave up, I could not believe that Drew could not sense that the opposing DE was bearing down on him.  All he had to do was step forward...

137260[/snapback]

This line is absolutely ludicrous. Price completely whiffed on this block. Michael Vick may have somehow been able to get away from that sack, but he's superhuman in that regard. There aren't many QBs who've ever played this game who can anticipate their LT not even touching the damn DE who lines up over them on an OUTSIDE rush. Truly pathetic.

While I don't disagree that Seattle is vastly overrated as far as how they play, they are a very talented football team. They are very Jeckyll and Hyde. Our physical style was far more than they were able to overcome - they don't matchup with us AT ALL.

I can't figure out why people are saying that the Seahawks suck...  They were 6-5, leading their division, and at home.  How is that sucking?

I also completely disagree on the sack; Price (in for an injured Jennings) totally missed the block and the DE ran in untouched.  Nearly impossible to avoid.

The three interceptions sucked; however, it was a case of being aggressive, something people have been asking for here for awhile.  Plus, the Seahawks are known for their ball-hawking defense.

Will his play continue?  Hope so, but as you said, who knows. However, I'll take play like yesterday's any day.  He led some pretty impressive drives.

The defense rocked as well, holding arguably the best RB in the league to nearly nothing (not happy from a FF perspective, as he's my starting RB, but that's ok. :blush: )

CW

137267[/snapback]

Gosh darn right. We won a game on the road. No, we won a game on the West Coast against the division leader in a packed stadium.

It was a very big win and showed something to me in terms of character. Mularkey is putting his stamp on this team. I mean the guy builds off his "trick" plays that work unbelievably.

I can't figure out why people are saying that the Seahawks suck...  They were 6-5, leading their division, and at home.  How is that sucking?

I also completely disagree on the sack; Price (in for an injured Jennings) totally missed the block and the DE ran in untouched.  Nearly impossible to avoid.

The three interceptions sucked; however, it was a case of being aggressive, something people have been asking for here for awhile.  Plus, the Seahawks are known for their ball-hawking defense.

Will his play continue?  Hope so, but as you said, who knows. However, I'll take play like yesterday's any day.  He led some pretty impressive drives.

CW

137267[/snapback]

I agree. Drew also started to show a little confidence in his WRs (witness the lofted short throw to Lee Evans that our prize rookie went up and got).

I agree.  Drew also started to show a little confidence in his WRs (witness the lofted short throw to Lee Evans that our prize rookie went up and got).

137281[/snapback]

That, I think, is key. We were dropping balls left and right at the start of the season. I don't recall seeing too many (any?) dropped passes in several weeks. Hope that trend continues!

CW

I agree.  Drew also started to show a little confidence in his WRs (witness the lofted short throw to Lee Evans that our prize rookie went up and got).

137281[/snapback]

DB had lense implants prior to kickoff. Every white jersey he saw open had #80 on it. :blush:

I think the Seahawks blew it on D. They are known as a high-risk, high-reward defense, who'll spot you a couple of big gains. They should have blitzed more, and with more creativity. The linebackers (all stand-ins for the real LB's they thought would be starting the season) played pretty well, IMHO.

I think the Seahawks blew it on D. They are known as a high-risk, high-reward defense, who'll spot you a couple of big gains. They should have blitzed more, and with more creativity. The linebackers (all stand-ins for the real LB's they thought would be starting the season) played pretty well, IMHO.

137319[/snapback]

Ah, but they did blitz, somewhat frequently, and the telling tale on how the Bills sought to handle it was summed up with that beautifull 4 yard pass to Campbell in the red zone that he ran another 10-12 yards on to the Seahawks 2 or 3 yard line. Campbell starts his route, the LB or SS blitzed going right past him, he stops turns and Bledsoe pops him the ball. Nice...........

It's already been said here but the play calling was as good as we've seen in a long time. We actually were able to counter a blitz effectively with some very solid counterpuches. The only negatives were the three picks, but Bledsoe did lead and finish more successful drives yesterday than he has in a long time, so overall he was effective.

This line is absolutely ludicrous.  Price completely whiffed on this block.  Michael Vick may have somehow been able to get away from that sack, but he's superhuman in that regard.  There aren't many QBs who've ever played this game who can anticipate their LT not even touching the damn DE who lines up over them on an OUTSIDE rush.  Truly pathetic.

While I don't disagree that Seattle is vastly overrated as far as how they play, they are a very talented football team.  They are very Jeckyll and Hyde.  Our physical style was far more than they were able to overcome - they don't matchup with us AT ALL.

137274[/snapback]

And despite what some others here have said, Price is not a capable LT. He's simply not quick enough. He's an adequate RT backup, but I cringe when he plays the LT spot.

And despite what some others here have said, Price is not a capable LT. He's simply not quick enough. He's an adequate RT backup, but I cringe when he plays the LT spot.

137409[/snapback]

I also like him better at RT than LT,

but that whiff was the only glaring mistake he made yesterday.

I thought he played adequately.