Getting a Fry Daddy for Draft Thursday

ajzepp

I like to make a beer batter myself, here's a quick recipe that I use as a base when making batter:

1 12 oz Beer

1 1/2 cups Flour

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp Paprika

1 cup Flour

Pour the beer into a large bowl. Sift the flour, salt, and paprika into the beer, whisking until the batter is light and frothy. Before dipping the meat into the batter, cover with flour to get all the moisture off it so the batter with stick better. Then deep fry at 350 til a nice golden brown.

Use stale beer. Expands when you look at it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You like this stuff??

I'd prefer regular Frank's, or just add Butter to regular Frank's if it's too strong for you. Didn't like the "Buffalo Wing" Franks sauce myself.

Either way, good luck!! :devil:

Point taken...I'll try it both ways :lol:

I have fried shrimp in our outdoor turkey fryer many times and it may be my favorite fried food. I get the tempura batter that they usually have next to the seafood counter and substitute beer for the water. I then add plenty of Old Bay to the batter. Get decent sized raw shrimp (peel em) and dip them in the batter holding on to the tail. fry till golden brown. I have done a lot of deep frying in my day, and the shrimp are my top choice.

dude, that sounds amazing....I love fried shrimp :devil:

Some good recipes here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060909115847/...e.com/cookbook/

Specifically this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060903170914/...gory=Appetizers

Or this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060906011434/...gory=Appetizers

(wife has made the wontons - they're great. The eggplant sounds good too!)

Eggplant is a food that has somehow managed to escape me...never tried it! This might be the perfect time :devil: And I agree, those crab wontons sound very tasty

Deep fryers...have a 240 ABC fire extinguisher at the ready. :devil:

I would 'lol', but the truth is I'm scared SHITLESS of fires....I'll have two ready!

I'd add a 1/2 tsp of baking powder to that batter recipe. It makes the coating a bit fluffier. /no homo :lol:

check! :devil:

And you call yourself a man. :devil:

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

lol, statistically speaking, I'm "due" for a fire....last I heard, the avg person (or may have been household or family....dunno) experiences TWO fires in their lifetime....I'm not sure I've really had number one yet :lol:

lol, statistically speaking, I'm "due" for a fire....last I heard, the avg person (or may have been household or family....dunno) experiences TWO fires in their lifetime....I'm not sure I've really had number one yet :lol:

Nah, you're good. I've set enough !@#$ing kitchens on fire to take care of everyone here. :devil:

Nah, you're good. I've set enough !@#$ing kitchens on fire to take care of everyone here. :devil:

You're like the TBD 'fire jesus' :lol::w00t:

(sorry if that offended anyone...I'm sensitive to religious humor too, but in this case I couldn't help myself...so get over it!)