Big Ben - Pitt Listening to Offers

As of yesterday, most of the Pittsburgh media speculation was 1 or 2 games. Given the details that keep coming out form the police reports, and the increasing fan backlash locally, talk radio this morning was calling for probably 3 or 4 games.

Given that a 4 game suspension has been the max for repeat offenders with charges filed against them (Pacman Jones for instance), and that Ben was not charged, most of the talking heads don't think it can or will be more than 4.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of yesterday, most of the Pittsburgh media speculation was 1 or 2 games. Given the details that keep coming out form the police reports, and the increasing fan backlash locally, talk radio this morning was calling for probably 3 or 4 games.

Given that a 4 game suspension has been the max for repeat offenders with charges filed against them (Pacman Jones for instance), and that Ben was not charged, most of the talking heads don't think it can or will be more than 4.

How long will he be suspended for is what I want to know. Because it IS coming. The league, and especially Sir Roger, would take a massive PR hit if they don't.

I love how everyone hates Roethlisberger now, even though he never got charged. Young, attractive girls that end up in the same place as a professional athlete will sometimes do whatever they can to get as much money as possible (see Lake Tahoe, and IMO, South Carolina). I don't think Ben is nearly the person these girls make him out to be.

That said, no he shouldn't be putting himself in those situations and there has to come a point where he grows up and realizes his career is bigger than going out and partying. He needs to adjust his priorities and grow up from these incidents.

Dude, you posted that 4 times now.

No doubt. #9 pick overall and former 1st-rounder Lynch sounds good to me.

Plus Ben is used to getting sacked (47 in '07, 46 in '08, 50 in '09) so he will feel right at home behind our O-Line.

Lynch? They are considering trading Big Ben because of his behavior, why would they want a bad character in Lynch in return?

I love how everyone hates Roethlisberger now, even though he never got charged. Young, attractive girls that end up in the same place as a professional athlete will sometimes do whatever they can to get as much money as possible (see Lake Tahoe, and IMO, South Carolina). I don't think Ben is nearly the person these girls make him out to be.

That said, no he shouldn't be putting himself in those situations and there has to come a point where he grows up and realizes his career is bigger than going out and partying. He needs to adjust his priorities and grow up from these incidents.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

That's only one side of the story. Sure she accuses him of that, but who knows how much is true? She was extremely drunk at the time and could very well have little to no recollection of the event. I'm just saying you can't always believe what you read, there are always two sides to the story.

The officer who wrote that report, Milledgeville police Sgt. Jerry Blash, is under investigation for comments allegedly made to one of Mr. Roethlisberger's friends at Capital City.

"Hey, I need to talk to you guys," Sgt. Blash reportedly told Officer Barravecchio, the off-duty Coraopolis officer.

"We have a problem. This drunken B word, drunk off her ass, is accusing Ben of rape," Officer Barravecchio said Sgt. Blash told him. "This pisses me off. Women can do this. It's[bull] but we've got to do this, we've got to do a report. This is BS. She's making [stuff] up."

Ms. Biancofiore said at first it seemed as if Sgt. Blash was not going to file a report. She told investigators that Sgt. Blash said he would, but also noted that Mr. Roethlisberger has wealth, has access to lawyers and that they would be wasting their time.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10106/10508...m#ixzz0lHxJj9l5

Meet Sgt. Jerry Blash, posing for photos with Roethlisberger earlier that evening:

http://unionrecorder.com/local/x1029320403...efore-complaint

That's only one side of the story. Sure she accuses him of that, but who knows how much is true? She was extremely drunk at the time and could very well have little to no recollection of the event. I'm just saying you can't always believe what you read, there are always two sides to the story.

yea....she was so drunk that pigben's bodyguards had to drag her to the back room and prop her up on a chair.....then they blocked two of her girlfreinds from checking on her......what a guy.

I was ok with a guy like Vick. I love my dog but I can let that go for sake of good football(not that he is all that good). Ben no way. When a girl yells rape, people need to listen. The accusations I have heard are pretty terrible as far as trapping this girl in the bathroom. If any piece of that is true he should have been charged criminally. Most people dont lie about victimization, and the "blame the victim" attitude in this country is attrotious. Women are never asking to get raped. Legally if she is inebriated, she is unable to give consent, thus making it rape. I do not understand how he is not getting charged. College guys are being expelled and jailed from schools all over the country for having sex with , at the time consenting, drunk females.

While this may be a money grab, and hopefully nothing happend to this poor girl, but I hope Buffalo stays far away, adn the Steelers cut ties.

yea....she was so drunk that pigben's bodyguards had to drag her to the back room and prop her up on a chair.....then they blocked two of her girlfreinds from checking on her......what a guy.

You aren't getting my point. I'm just saying there are two sides to this story, and you only listening to one proves your ignorance.

I'm all for making a deal to get him here. Carrucci was on the radio on thursday talking about this and was saying you could probably offer the same thing that Washington, got McNabb for, or at the most the Bills 1st which would be a great deal for a proven starting QB.

Only problem is, Bills fans would be hypocrites for wanting Big Ben and running Lynch out of town........

You aren't getting my point. I'm just saying there are two sides to this story, and you only listening to one proves your ignorance.

oh...so it was the intoxicated girl that thwarted Big Ben's body guards and locked him in the bathroom against his will? Why didn't anyone rush in to help poor Ben (the 6'5" 240 lb victim)?

i except that "anything is possible"....i understand the different levels of "proof" required to convict.

exactly what is the other side of the story?...

pigben admits to sexual contact and that after the SEXUAL CONTACT she slipped, fell and hit her head.

after that he lawyered up........heres the bottom line.....

he is very lucky that because the girl was extremely drunk...it is next to impossible to convict (she is no longer a credible witness).....if everything happened exactly the same...except she was sober.....pigben would be going to jail.

she had injuries that are not consistent with consenual sex.

i think he deserves an 8 game suspension.....i hope pit can void his contract.

i except that "anything is possible"....i understand the different levels of "proof" required to convict.

exactly what is the other side of the story?...

pigben admits to sexual contact and that after the SEXUAL CONTACT she slipped, fell and hit her head.

after that he lawyered up........heres the bottom line.....

he is very lucky that because the girl was extremely drunk...it is next to impossible to convict (she is no longer a credible witness).....if everything happened exactly the same...except she was sober.....pigben would be going to jail.

she had injuries that are not consistent with consenual sex.

i think he deserves an 8 game suspension.....i hope pit can void his contract.

We will have to wait for the TV movie or tell-all book to come out before we find out what really happened or there could be another civil case made against him like the one in Vegas.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/21/ben-roe...ok-at-the-lega/

Link to the other side of the story? Sorry, I am at the same point with Pig Ben as I was with Michael Vick before his trial. 99% convinced that the bastard is guilty.