Tony Scheffler on the trading block?

Leonidas

With Brandon Marshall ushered out the door officially on Wednesday, the question becomes: "What's next for the Denver Broncos?" The draft repercussions will be felt by many teams, but it's possible there could also be another trade. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported that TE Tony Scheffler is "close" to inking his restricted free agent tender; moreover, Klis points out that this event in Marshall's case led to a trade very quickly.

This isn't the first rumor we've heard of a Scheffler trade, and there were actually rumors last offseason in the wake of the Jay Cutler trade that Scheffler would be moved. Based upon our own speculation (as we haven't heard any buzz on this one yet), one possible destination for Scheffler is the New England Patriots, who are still a bit bankrupt at the position in spite of the Alge Crumpler signing. Another option is the Cincinnati Bengals, as they could use another weapon in the passing game. Lastly, the St. Louis Rams could be interested; of course, this would depend on the price tag as it's unlikely they'd want to trade the No. 33 overall pick for the TE.

With Brandon Marshall ushered out the door officially on Wednesday, the question becomes: "What's next for the Denver Broncos?" The draft repercussions will be felt by many teams, but it's possible there could also be another trade. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported that TE Tony Scheffler is "close" to inking his restricted free agent tender; moreover, Klis points out that this event in Marshall's case led to a trade very quickly.

This isn't the first rumor we've heard of a Scheffler trade, and there were actually rumors last offseason in the wake of the Jay Cutler trade that Scheffler would be moved. Based upon our own speculation (as we haven't heard any buzz on this one yet), one possible destination for Scheffler is the New England Patriots, who are still a bit bankrupt at the position in spite of the Alge Crumpler signing. Another option is the Cincinnati Bengals, as they could use another weapon in the passing game. Lastly, the St. Louis Rams could be interested; of course, this would depend on the price tag as it's unlikely they'd want to trade the No. 33 overall pick for the TE.

Lynch and a sixth for Scheffler if Scheffler is considered an above average blocking TE. I'm not sure he is.

Lynch and a sixth for Scheffler if Scheffler is considered an above average blocking TE. I'm not sure he is.

Do people even think about these trade ideas before they post them? I doubt it...how does this make sense for either team?

1. Den - They already have Moreno, so what value are they getting here? A guy at a position they already have talent at and a 6th rounder for a pretty good TE?

2. Buf - What value are we getting? We lose a guy who could fetch us a valuable pick in this draft like a 3rd or 2nd potentially or be good player for us if we keep him. What do we gain? An injury prone player at a position that we already have a very promising young guy at.

How does this make any sense for either team? Even if we didnt give them Lynch and instead just traded draft picks (which would make much more sense for Den), how does that help this team? We need those picks to fill holes, not to acquire average players at positions that already have young up and coming players at them. Scheffler is a decent recieving threat, but isnt dominant or a good blocker, not to mention injury prone. For me, Nelson has way more upside as a playmaker on this offense.

Do people even think about these trade ideas before they post them? I doubt it...how does this make sense for either team?

1. Den - They already have Moreno, so what value are they getting here? A guy at a position they already have talent at and a 6th rounder for a pretty good TE?

2. Buf - What value are we getting? We lose a guy who could fetch us a valuable pick in this draft like a 3rd or 2nd potentially or be good player for us if we keep him. What do we gain? An injury prone player at a position that we already have a very promising young guy at.

How does this make any sense for either team? Even if we didnt give them Lynch and instead just traded draft picks (which would make much more sense for Den), how does that help this team? We need those picks to fill holes, not to acquire average players at positions that already have young up and coming players at them. Scheffler is a decent recieving threat, but isnt dominant or a good blocker, not to mention injury prone. For me, Nelson has way more upside as a playmaker on this offense.

A possible second rounder for 2 strike 3.8 ypc Marshawn Lynch? Did you even think before you posted this?

Some people put lots of thought into these trade ideas. They even go so far as to load up Madden and see if the trade goes thru

A possible second rounder for 2 strike 3.8 ypc Marshawn Lynch? Did you even think before you posted this?

I would attribute that por YPC to the OL, not Lynch

And I wouldnt give up a high 2nd for Scheffler. As good as he is should could be adding a future starting LT, OLB, NT or QB with that pick. All of which would help this team more

I would attribute that por YPC to the OL, not Lynch

And I wouldnt give up a high 2nd for Scheffler. As good as he is should could be adding a future starting LT, OLB, NT or QB with that pick. All of which would help this team more

And what do you attribute the two strikes to?

Lynch is an average player. It took me some time to come to this conclusion, but it seems pretty obvious to me. He's not very fast, and he's a lousy receiver. The second part stings because his receiving skills were highly touted when he was drafted. He is eminently replaceable. Plus he's a miscreant with two strikes.