Scout Matt Williamson - ESPN chat

First, who is Matt Williamson? A failed scout who works for ESPN.com, he would work for Buffalo or Oakland in a second.

He was a scout for one season with Cleveland and contributed to this spectacular draft-

1) Braylon Edwards

2) Brodney Pool

3) Charlie Frye

4) Antonio Perkins

5) David McMillan

6) Nick Speegle

6) Andrew Hoffman

7) Jon Dunn

If they take Spiller nobody should be upset. The guy can score every time he touches the ball from anywhere on the field. He can run, he can catch, he can return and yes, he can run between the tackles too and score. The kind of player who makes up for a lot of deficiencies around him.

If I had a nickel for every time I read that about Lynch leading up to the draft where we took him...although I believe it to be more true about Spiller based on the little I've seen.

He was a scout for one season with Cleveland and contributed to this spectacular draft-

1) Braylon Edwards

2) Brodney Pool

3) Charlie Frye

4) Antonio Perkins

5) David McMillan

6) Nick Speegle

6) Andrew Hoffman

7) Jon Dunn

LOL

Edit: He also thinks Jason Campbell is worth a 2nd round pick....LOL

First, who is Matt Williamson? A failed scout who works for ESPN.com, he would work for Buffalo or Oakland in a second.

Second, as bad as the Bills have been, they have not been one of the worst teams or even one of the 5 worst teams (except the year we took Mike Williams) in the last twenty years. Miami and the Jets split with us last year.

He will crush the pick, who cares. Matt Williamson crushed our pick, we must revoke our allegiance now!

On the surface it is easy to assume that the Bills are terrible because they did not get Cowher and hired Gailey. They also went with an older GM in Nix but I would argue these two moves were the right ones and will be the catalyst to building a solid team.

It was just obvious this guy had an agenda to rip on the Bills.

Sure he has an agenda, it is called tell a loyal fan his team stinks, cause uproar, get his name out there, increase his pay. Any hit on his blogs, negative or positive is still a hit, the more hits, the more they are going to pay him. If he brings no one to the show, he gets let go! Therefore, do not read anything he writes.

Here is my dream draft:

- Spiller first round pic.

- Trade second for Gaither

- Trade Lynch to get us back in second and pick Tebow

:lol:

Man you are off your rocker. Just say no to Tebow.

1) Braylon Edwards

2) Brodney Pool

3) Charlie Frye

4) Antonio Perkins

5) David McMillan

6) Nick Speegle

6) Andrew Hoffman

7) Jon Dunn

Before I saw that I was gonna make a general statement about a former Browns scout being qualified for that job, but that draft ices the cake. I'll take Mayock and Kiper over him any day.

Matt Williamson seems like one of the better insiders at ESPN, but his BS hatred for the Bills seems to be coming to a boil. Over the past few months his trash talking of the Bills has reached Chris "Mrs. Donahoe" Mortensen levels.

I'm kinda hoping for a CJ Spiller in Round 1 and Tim Tebow in Round 2 to watch the board eat itself alive.

In that scenario, the Bills should just run the A-11 offense. Couldn't be worse than what we've had in recent years.

I'm kinda hoping for a CJ Spiller in Round 1 and Tim Tebow in Round 2 to watch the board eat itself alive.

I like Tebow in the 2nd. I don't care about him playing in a spread offense & his delivery. The guy is a winner. It is very impressive that he worked so hard on his delivery before his pro day. Different from some of the prima donnas as QBs.

I would rather have a guy who knows how to win than a guy who is supposedly pro ready but hasn't won consistently. I know it's a team game but the QB is the leader of the team.

Don't want to start up one of those QB controversy discussions, but Doug Flutie was lacking some of the attributes of the prototypical NFL QB but the guy knew how to win.

Jeff George (he of the million dollar arm and $.50 brain) is the best example of the hyped physical charcteristics being overshadowed by some of his lesser non-physical attributes.

Don't want to start up one of those QB controversy discussions, but Doug Flutie was lacking some of the attributes of the prototypical NFL QB but the guy knew how to win.

I feel like Tebow will be a Jim Harbaugh/Doug Flutie type who will win a decent amount of games without putting up huge numbers.