Name one player from your team

Stl Bills

Florida's coming into kind of a weird year. They have a lot of talented players coming into their second and third year as starters, but they also lost some very important players on both sides of the ball. There are a lot of guys that should be ready to take off this year, but it's tough to tell who will step up and who will fall off in the absence of last year's leaders.

My best guess is DE William Green. The defensive line looks to be coming on strong this year, and I'm hoping Green can use that and the absence of Dunlap to make a name for himself.

I'll give an honorable mention to WR Andre DeBose as I think he's going to make some highlight reels this year, but I think 2011 is going to be his breakout season.

Have to admit I didn't pay much attention to Mizz after their first few games, but Smith looks to be a handful!

I'll name one on each side of the ball,and restrict it to sophs or younger. On D,watch for DE/OLB Craig Roh. He looked great getting after the QB last year as a true FR,and has gotten bigger and stronger in the off season. On O look for RB Vincent Smith.He's a short,shifty guy that looked real good at the end of last season. One other guy that may surprise is RS/FR safety Cam Gordon. He switched from WR to SS and has looked strong this spring at a position of need for the Wolverines.

GO BLUE!!!

EDIT: The QB position will be interesting to watch. Denard "Shoelace" Robinson has really closed the gap on Tate Forcier and will push to get more snaps this year.

Ouch. Only one?

On personal level, I am looking at the Tide's offense in general (running game could even be more dominant than last year).

Ingram, Richardson, McElroy, Jones, etc ...

Defensively, the Tide has lost numerous starters, leaving this unit with numerous question marks.

However, with 3 straight top 5 recruiting classes, the 2010 team could be better overall than 2009 NC team.

But since I have to pick only one: Dont'a Hightower, LB

In 2008, he was true freshman, played the Will spot.

Recorded 62 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 FF.

In 2009, he suffered a left knee injury (tore his ACL and MCL) early in the season, and was gone for the year.

In 2010, Saban is moving him inside (McLain's spot), and is expected to be an every down player on D.

(Rehab is going well. During the recent spring scrimmage, Dont'a stated he had at least 90% of his mobility back)

Why I did select him? Many are arguing he is a better LB than McLain ever was.

We will see.

At ND, KD is right about Kelly. I still have to say watch out for Michael Floyd. This may be his last season at ND with the skillset he's shown. I think he will establish himself as one of the best WR's in all of college football this coming season if he can stay healthy. The guy reminds me alot of Larry Fitzgerald.

To KD's point, Kelly is definitely the X-factor. He is going to make a lot of players looks really good if he can do his job as advertised.

Michael Floyd is the most likely to become a big name (if he's not already). He's an animal...injuries are the only black mark on an otherwise dominant 2-year career so far. Supposedly, Kelly wants his weight down...I'm curious to see how he looks in the new offense. Plus, our QB, Dayne Crist, is a question mark. 5-Star recruit, minimal experience, coming off ACL, new offense to learn...he is truly the key to the season...and to Floyd's success.

And on D I'm excited to see if Te'o is ready for the next step. He was moved inside where he can have the most impact and expectations are high.

And on D I'm excited to see if Te'o is ready for the next step. He was moved inside where he can have the most impact and expectations are high.

I thought Te'o started his 2-year Mormon mission this year?

I thought Te'o started his 2-year Mormon mission this year?

Nah...Te'o put that off after the season...perhaps indefinitely. I'd bet he cans it all together.

Supposedly he looked real good in the Blue/Gold game this weekend...as did Steve Filer. Filer is guy who could blow up because he is just a monster athlete who was undoubtedly being misused in Weis' disaster of a defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.