Roger Waters "The Wall" tour dates

Mr Info

He's trying to cut down scalping by doing pre-sale to registered fans. You can designate up to 5 cities and if you're selected, you can purchase only 2 tickets and must pick them up at will call. It may limit the # of good seats to scalpers depending on how many seats they allocate for pre-sale but at least he's trying to do something about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got tix today through Amex for the show at HSBC on 10/8. I decided to go to the Jacksonville game and also catch this show the same weekend. Tix are a little pricey but they seem to be moving quickly based on some others I have spoken to and where they were able to get their seats. There might not be many seats left to offer when the Amex early purchase has finished and their lottery for Preferred Ticket subscribers starts.

I got tix today through Amex for the show at HSBC on 10/8. I decided to go to the Jacksonville game and also catch this show the same weekend. Tix are a little pricey but they seem to be moving quickly based on some others I have spoken to and where they were able to get their seats. There might not be many seats left to offer when the Amex early purchase has finished and their lottery for Preferred Ticket subscribers starts.

Wouldn't it be dumb to have a lottery without reserving a chunk of tickets for that? Just wondering.

Wouldn't it be dumb to have a lottery without reserving a chunk of tickets for that? Just wondering.

You'd think so...All I know is that I didn't get picked for preferred seats at any of the five cities I selected. There was a big disclaimer that you may not be selected no matter how many cities you registered for (five was the max). It's all a mystery as to how many were allocated to Amex, Preferred, VIP, and what will be available to the general public. Perhaps somebody in the concert biz who reads this can shed more light.

He's trying to cut down scalping by doing pre-sale to registered fans. You can designate up to 5 cities and if you're selected, you can purchase only 2 tickets and must pick them up at will call. It may limit the # of good seats to scalpers depending on how many seats they allocate for pre-sale but at least he's trying to do something about it.

He's trying to cutdown on scalping, yet charging upwards of $250 in some cities. Good thing he's doing "something about it" - something about getting more money in his hands.

He's on my GLB football team...he better not overwork himself before the big game!

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/a...iott-smith-mur/

So apparently the Roger waters street team screwed up the unofficial Elliot Smith wall. Minor deal (coming from a guy who despises Pink Floyd and adores Elliot Smith) but man, for a good time read the venom coming out of the comment section. The cool kids get real angry real quick these days

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/a...iott-smith-mur/

So apparently the Roger waters street team screwed up the unofficial Elliot Smith wall. Minor deal (coming from a guy who despises Pink Floyd and adores Elliot Smith) but man, for a good time read the venom coming out of the comment section. The cool kids get real angry real quick these days

Roger says on his facebook page that this is BS...here's the his exact quote:

"Some of you may have seen a story going round, claiming that I paid person or persons unknown to deface a mural featured on the cover of the 2000 album Figure 8, by the late Elliott Smith, intentionally disrespecting his memory. What a load of crap..."