Remember prior to the 2007 draft, there were questions about Lynch

BobbyC81

Levy & company said they did due-diligence and were confident it was not a big deal??

Maybe there was more to it. Lynch did grow up in Oakland.

There were questions about most draft choices. Not necessarily character related but there were questions. What are you saying about Oakland??

Where did you grow up? Was it in a place that turns out nothing but great individuals?

Please share your Oakland experiences to help me understand why you want to trash the town.

Why stop at Oakland why not generalize about the whole state of California.

Rick James came from Buffalo you know. Does that mean we are a town of excessive partying, music making people who are destined to overdose while listening to Superfreak....

There were questions about most draft choices. Not necessarily character related but there were questions. What are you saying about Oakland??

Where did you grow up? Was it in a place that turns out nothing but great individuals?

Please share your Oakland experiences to help me understand why you want to trash the town.

Rick James came from Buffalo you know. Does that mean we are a town of excessive partying, music making people who are destined to overdose....

No but Oakland and the neighborhood lynch grew up in have a huuuge reputation for gang organization. This is definitely not the same as saying everyone in buffalo is like Rick James... Nor does it mean everyone is in gangs in Oakland. I would say that is something to keep in your head tho when investing millions in a guy from those neighborhood, and with the questionable decisions you've seen out of him.

No but Oakland and the neighborhood lynch grew up in have a huuuge reputation for gang organization. This is definitely not the same as saying everyone in buffalo is like Rick James... Nor does it mean everyone is in gangs in Oakland. I would say that is something to keep in your head tho when investing millions in a guy from those neighborhood, and with the questionable decisions you've seen out of him.

Do you realize how many people in football are from bad neighborhoods.

So how do you keep this in mind...are you saying don't offer contracts or draft people from inner city neighborhoods?

Hindsight is 20/20. Are you saying Lynch is a fair representation of everyone from inner city neighborhoods?

Keep in mind we drafted Poz and TE in the same draft. Would it be more fair to generalize that we had a bunch of fools manning the draft for us.

Why stop at Oakland why not generalize about the whole state of California.

Rick James came from Buffalo you know. Does that mean we are a town of excessive partying, music making people who are destined to overdose while listening to Superfreak....

Note that I live in California, maroon!! Oakland has one of the worst crime rates in the country.

I was just saying that wuth Lynch's behavior, maybe there was more to that incident than known.

Note that I live in California, maroon!! Oakland has one of the worst crime rates in the country.

I was just saying that wuth Lynch's behavior, maybe there was more to that incident than known.

I know that. Thats why I was asking you to share your experiences about Oakland.. I was obviously asking more than you could handle.

Seems to me you and Lynch may have something in common...a lack of brain activity.

Don't start a thread unless you can intelligently answer easy questions.

I dont think Marshawn did anything other than being a 24 yr old . Now if he had been accused of Raping two people in different parts of the country and the only reason that he wasnt being prosecuted because the security tape is missing I would be very concerned ..............................Oh wait that is not Marshawn thats Rothlisberger who was accused of Rape twice should I think that because Rothelisberger comes from a certain area that he should always be thought of as a RAPIST......Hummmmm Marshawn had a gun Rothlisberger accused of RAPE twice in less than a Year...........FOCUS PEOPLE FOCUS

The point that is really frustrating about Marshawn Lynch was the fact that Levy made a really big deal about character evaluation, and Lynch had real character questions before the draft. In fact, the reason the Bills can't trade him is because of character concerns. He has not only gotten in trouble twice, but he is pouting about not starting. This is so much better than Willis McGahee, which I do not remember ever having hit and run problems, drug and gun charges. Great job Levy.

If Holmes is going for a fifth rounder, what can the Bills get. Lynch is going to be carrying a clipboard until he grows up, the Bill cut him, or his contract expires.

It is so frustrating. Oh, Lynch is an inner-city diva who thinks just because he has talent playing football he is entitled to do whatever he wants. He's the anti-Thurman Thomas!

Do you realize how many people in football are from bad neighborhoods.

So how do you keep this in mind...are you saying don't offer contracts or draft people from inner city neighborhoods?

Hindsight is 20/20. Are you saying Lynch is a fair representation of everyone from inner city neighborhoods?

Keep in mind we drafted Poz and TE in the same draft. Would it be more fair to generalize that we had a bunch of fools manning the draft for us.

Yea that's totally what I said.... Oh... Wait.... Not really actually. I said you keep an eye on things like that. The fact that there have been so many major public incidents, maybe it's not a coincidence that he comes from a dangerous neighborhood. Maybe instead of being a guy that escapes the problems they grew up around, he's the type that brings them with him. It is something you have to be aware of. Are there many that escape? Yes. Do you want to be the team that invests a first on a marshawn, santonio, vick, pacman etc? No. You have to do really heavy research and sometimes make an educated guess based on risk v reward. Looking at the list of public offenses at the age of 24 -- I wouldn't give him an extension.

Driveby

accusations of hitting gf

hit and run

gun and drugs in the car

additionally, a host of minor problems in buffalo since arriving