The Buffalo Bills are on the Clock!!! The Bills select QB.

I have my thoughts and views, but I am more interested in who YOU think the Bills should draft and in which round.

I would love if you post supporting reasons why we should select a certain QB, and it would be nice if your not just a

draft guide clone that is repeating what we have all read in Sporting News, Athlon, USA Today, Sports Illustrated,

ProFootball Weekly, etc.... Have you watched your targeted QB in any games? Reasons why your QB will succeed in

Buffalo, in poor weather conditions, under constant fan scruitny, without all the WR & "O" line tools in place yet! Why

your QB will work?? Your QB's weaknesses and past struggles?? What pick will probably land us him?? What should we

be willing to giving up if it involves a trade?? Your plan "A", your plan "B" just in case your target QB is gone! etc...

What would be a reach to get him??? All your input matters! It would be nice if there are varied opinions. It would be

great to see a trend or a consensus! Now, all the work is up to "YOU" the "Bills fan," to make the pick and circle the

wagons!, because Buffalo "You are on the Clock" !!!!

The Bills select QB...(cough! cough!)...check that...came out wrong.......

"The Bills select LT Bryan Bulaga University of Iowa"

Because (see my previous 50 posts on the subject), because Bradford will be gone, I'm not impressed with Clausen, and they need a safe pick at No 1 who will immediately start and have impact, and the lines (in particular o-line) have been a problem for years. :angry:

Because (see my previous 50 posts on the subject), because Bradford will be gone, I'm not impressed with Clausen, and they need a safe pick at No 1 who will immediately start and have impact, and the lines (in particular o-line) have been a problem for years. :angry:

I second that. With maturity issues and weight problems aside, I wouldn't mind Anthony Davis either

I have my thoughts and views, but I am more interested in who YOU think the Bills should draft and in which round.

I would love if you post supporting reasons why we should select a certain QB, and it would be nice if your not just a

draft guide clone that is repeating what we have all read in Sporting News, Athlon, USA Today, Sports Illustrated,

ProFootball Weekly, etc.... Have you watched your targeted QB in any games? Reasons why your QB will succeed in

Buffalo, in poor weather conditions, under constant fan scruitny, without all the WR & "O" line tools in place yet! Why

your QB will work?? Your QB's weaknesses and past struggles?? What pick will probably land us him?? What should we

be willing to giving up if it involves a trade?? Your plan "A", your plan "B" just in case your target QB is gone! etc...

What would be a reach to get him??? All your input matters! It would be nice if there are varied opinions. It would be

great to see a trend or a consensus! Now, all the work is up to "YOU" the "Bills fan," to make the pick and circle the

I would wait until the 4th round, hoping for Tony Pike. He is going to be a steal if he's there in 4th. If he isn't, then I'd draft one of Skelton from Fordham or the Penn State guy, Ward? Both are projects but have a lot of upside. I don't think Pike can miss, but we need other talent in rounds 1-3 and I'm not wasting those picks on a questionable QB like Tebow or Clausen or Levebour. I'd be excited to watch Pike develop. He's got everything except the NFL body, but that hasn't hurt Tom Brady, has it?

Plan A. Get Tim Tebow, if Nix thinks he can lead this franchise. Why? Because he has all the "Intangibles" necessary to succeed at the QB position (Leadership, Drive, Desire to win, Work ethic etc.) these are not things that are easily coached. Everything else can be coached. Gailey did as good as can be expected with Tyler Thigpen as his starting QB, and Tebow is light years ahead of him, and I feel our position players are better than KC's was that year.

So, unless we can trade down a few slots, should we grab him at 9 if we feel he will be gone at 41? Absolutely. There has never been a QB to come out of college with better intangibles than Tebow. AND he has a lot of a very underrated stat- WINS. All this together, along with the Jimbo endorsement lead me to believe he will and should be the next Bills QB.

He is also big and strong enough to handle the elements December in Buffalo can bring. No plan B, bring Tebow to buffalo! :angry:

Plan A. Get Tim Tebow, if Nix thinks he can lead this franchise. Why? Because he has all the "Intangibles" necessary to succeed at the QB position (Leadership, Drive, Desire to win, Work ethic etc.) these are not things that are easily coached. Everything else can be coached. Gailey did as good as can be expected with Tyler Thigpen as his starting QB, and Tebow is light years ahead of him, and I feel our position players are better than KC's was that year.

So, unless we can trade down a few slots, should we grab him at 9 if we feel he will be gone at 41? Absolutely. There has never been a QB to come out of college with better intangibles than Tebow. AND he has a lot of a very underrated stat- WINS. All this together, along with the Jimbo endorsement lead me to believe he will and should be the next Bills QB.

He is also big and strong enough to handle the elements December in Buffalo can bring. No plan B, bring Tebow to buffalo! :angry:

Do you think Trent does not have drive, the desire to win or a good work ethic? How about Fitz? None of that good guy crap matters if you don't have the talent to go with it. Tebow's running was a huge part of his game, without it, he isn't half the QB he was in college. In the pros, with 4.7+ speed, he isn't going to have that club in the bag anymore. Never ran a pro style offense, awful mecahnics and so on. Another three years down the tubes before we declare the experiment a flop and draft a real QB. I am hoping the Bills are throwing up smoke on Clausen and Tebow, hoping that Clausen falls to them.

None of the QBs impress me other than Bradford. I think Clausen would be a bad pick in the first round - too many

questions regarding his personality and leadership ability for me to invest a high pick on. No other QB is even remotely

worth a 1st round pick, much less a top-10 pick.

I would strongly prefer to use the 2nd and 3rd rounders on positions other than QB because I think they can find

viable starters/solid contributors at other positions in those rounds, but at QB I think they are looking at marginal

future starters/career backups. I wouldn't be completely upset if they gambled on Tebow or Colt McCoy in round 2,

but I think there will be better value at other positions.

I don't think any of the other QBs are worth a 3rd round pick and they are likely long-term backups at best.

It wouldn't bother me if they didn't pick a QB at all this year. Why add another backup to a group of backups?

I would wait until the 4th round, hoping for Tony Pike. He is going to be a steal if he's there in 4th. If he isn't, then I'd draft one of Skelton from Fordham or the Penn State guy, Ward? Both are projects but have a lot of upside. I don't think Pike can miss, but we need other talent in rounds 1-3 and I'm not wasting those picks on a questionable QB like Tebow or Clausen or Levebour. I'd be excited to watch Pike develop. He's got everything except the NFL body, but that hasn't hurt Tom Brady, has it?

What about Tony Pike says "steal"? The way the ball flutters in the air or the way it softly lands on the turf 3 feet behind his WR?

I saw him in his Bowl game and at the combine, and he could not survive in Bflo. Maybe in a west coast, but from what I saw, he's godawful.

Dude has serious alligator arms, no athleticism and will never become an adequate long term solution at left tackle for any team. However, this guy will be a very good to great right tackle.

I hope the Bills stay away from drafting Bulaga and pick another player with much more of an upside and who's impact would be much much greater on the team. A guy like that defensive tackle, Dan Williams.

Dude has serious alligator arms, no athleticism and will never become an adequate long term solution at left tackle for any team. However, this guy will be a very good to great right tackle.

I hope the Bills stay away from drafting Bulaga and pick another player with much more of an upside and who's impact would be much much greater on the team. A guy like that defensive tackle, Dan Williams.

I don't know about your assessment of Bulaga, but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Dan Williams. What

about him says "upside"? If he goes in the first round at all, it will be at least a round too high for him. He is not a

"dominant" NT, he didn't even play NT in college. He should be picked in the 2nd or 3rd round, but the demand for

NT is much greater than the supply of them, so he'll likely go in the 1st. Of all of the names being thrown around

as possible Bills' picks at the 9th spot, he seems to me to be the biggest "reach".

ProfootballWeekly has him rated around 20th, so in their estimation, that would not be a huge reach, but SportingNews'

former NFL Scout Russ Lande has Williams rated as a 2nd-3rd round pick. He isn't saying he is bad, just that there

isn't enough there to be a 1st round pick.

Who knows what is true?

I tend to agree with you. I think the NT position is going to have much better value. DW will still be there at 9. I would rather take the top rated NT than the fourth or fifth rated LT in the draft. Bulaga, however, to me, is the third best LT prospect. He played in one of the top two football conferences at a very high level for four years. They guy is the third best LT in the draft, and some would say the second best LT. If he is there for Buffalo, I think they take him. That being said, I would prefer DW at that position, and try to get Saffold or Ducasse in the second round, but I would guess that if Bulaga is there at 9, they take him.

Because (see my previous 50 posts on the subject), because Bradford will be gone, I'm not impressed with Clausen, and they need a safe pick at No 1 who will immediately start and have impact, and the lines (in particular o-line) have been a problem for years. :D

I didn't post that it had to be in the first round...I would love to have Bryan Bulaga as well and he's probably my favoirte pick! :angry:

On one of my 2 mocks I have Pike as well !! Great pick...I also have read a lot of great things about Crompton depending on the source. :angry:

What about Tony Pike says "steal"? The way the ball flutters in the air or the way it softly lands on the turf 3 feet behind his WR?

I saw him in his Bowl game and at the combine, and he could not survive in Bflo. Maybe in a west coast, but from what I saw, he's godawful.

Even though I picked him on one of my mocks...this is the kind of insight that I was looking for...a little "extra" info that I wasn't even aware of. I have to admit that I haven't watched him QB in a game..and can only go by highlight video which is slanted to show his better plays and comments made in draft guides. Even though your post is short..it's awesome!!

I would be interested in what your assesment would be in Clausen, Tebow, Skelton, Crompton, Leflevor, etc...Who has the

strong arm necessary for Bflo's wind, rain, and snow! :angry:

My take is that with Washington picking up McNabb, with the exception of Bradford, all QBs will fall to the second round. I would not be in a hurry to grab a QB in the first round. Gamble? Yes, it is. But worth the risk. We could strengthen our offensive or defensive lines in the first round and wait on a QB. Trade down? Nope. Stick with the #9 spot and grab the best lineman available. The talent pool there is bigger and we are more likely to get quality talent there. In Round 2 we may be able to get Clausen, more likely Tebow. In my own mind though, I like Tebow better anyway. The problem I have with trading down is that even though we could get more picks, we are also less likely to get a big impact player. I am pretty confident a QB will be there in the second and the Bills will pull the trigger if Clausen or Tebow are there. After that, it's a going to be up to our teams talent evaluators to pick diamonds in the rough in the later rounds.

Even if the gamble does not pay off and both targeted QBs are gone, it is not a complete loss. We still improved our lines and we can then see if our current QB depth can compete with some talent in front of them. To me, taking a QB in the first without getting depth on the lines is asking for trouble. What if the QBs are complete busts?

My take is that with Washington picking up McNabb, with the exception of Bradford, all QBs will fall to the second round. I would not be in a hurry to grab a QB in the first round. Gamble? Yes, it is. But worth the risk. We could strengthen our offensive or defensive lines in the first round and wait on a QB. Trade down? Nope. Stick with the #9 spot and grab the best lineman available. The talent pool there is bigger and we are more likely to get quality talent there. In Round 2 we may be able to get Clausen, more likely Tebow. In my own mind though, I like Tebow better anyway. The problem I have with trading down is that even though we could get more picks, we are also less likely to get a big impact player. I am pretty confident a QB will be there in the second and the Bills will pull the trigger if Clausen or Tebow are there. After that, it's a going to be up to our teams talent evaluators to pick diamonds in the rough in the later rounds.

Even if the gamble does not pay off and both targeted QBs are gone, it is not a complete loss. We still improved our lines and we can then see if our current QB depth can compete with some talent in front of them. To me, taking a QB in the first without getting depth on the lines is asking for trouble. What if the QBs are complete busts?

All good points! Would the drafted QB even play his first year?? That's something to wonder about as well...You know an

Offensive tackle would start for sure! Another thing is if we have a Very good OLT in place after the draft it may make

Buffalo a much more attractive option for a FA QB in the future or when drafting a 1st rounder next year. I think we should still bolster our QB situation in the 3rd round by taking a chance on one of the QB's that you the fanbase reccomend. QB is almost always a risk...and a risk in the 1st round could set us back another year or two! It's interesting because of the

risk vs reward of selecting a Clausen or a Tebow!

All good points! Would the drafted QB even play his first year?? That's something to wonder about as well...You know an

Offensive tackle would start for sure! Another thing is if we have a Very good OLT in place after the draft it may make

Buffalo a much more attractive option for a FA QB in the future or when drafting a 1st rounder next year. I think we should still bolster our QB situation in the 3rd round by taking a chance on one of the QB's that you the fanbase reccomend. QB is almost always a risk...and a risk in the 1st round could set us back another year or two! It's interesting because of the

risk vs reward of selecting a Clausen or a Tebow!

Can someone please tell me why the Bills would not JUMP at the opportunity to take Jimmy Claussen? Any of you guys out there bashing him. Have you even looked at his stats? ND plays big time competiton. The guys numbers are off the charts.

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 138 245 1254 56.3 5.12 44 7 6 35 103.85

2008 268 440 3172 60.9 7.21 69 25 17 21 132.49

2009 289 425 3722 68.0 8.76 88 28 4 24 161.43

:angry:

Ummmm...Clausen had an excellent pro day and will not last past the Browns who hold the 7th pick, let alone fall into the second round. Delhomme? Wallace? Holmgren is not going to be hitching his wagon to these QBs. Holmgren's public questioning of Clausen was a ploy in hopes that KC and Seattle could be scared off and pass on him.

Even though I picked him on one of my mocks...this is the kind of insight that I was looking for...a little "extra" info that I wasn't even aware of. I have to admit that I haven't watched him QB in a game..and can only go by highlight video which is slanted to show his better plays and comments made in draft guides. Even though your post is short..it's awesome!!

I would be interested in what your assesment would be in Clausen, Tebow, Skelton, Crompton, Leflevor, etc...Who has the

strong arm necessary for Bflo's wind, rain, and snow! :wallbash:

Out of the above, I believe only Skelton threw at the combine. Crompton may have, but dn stand out either way. Skelton looked great. I posted back then that he reminded me of Bledsoe. Zac Robinson looked good. But that's about it. I would be surpised if Bflo was intrested in Crompton as his successes came late and were relatively short lived. Nix wants someone with a resume (Tebow, McCoy).

Gil Brandt had something interesting to say yesterday on Sirius. He commented how other great athletes had unorthodox motions and were still successful and he expected Tebow to be a solid pro QB. We've beat the Tebow thing to death. Others seem to know more abour LeSaviour. Finally, I think it makes sense that if Bflo doesn't get the QB in the 1st 2 rounds, I think they just might be in the market for Campbell. But it should be a draft day deal.