If I was Buddy

As we approach the draft in the dog-days of the spring, the wandering mind must occupy itself somehow. If I was Buddy Nix and I was looking to change the culture in Buffalo while simultaneously staying somewhat true to my belief of building through the draft, here's what I do:

We swap 1st-rounders with Baltimore to acquire Jared Gaithers. Word on the street is they want a 2nd. As I mentioned on a previous thread, this more than equals a 2. This allows the Ravens to move up and snag Dez Bryant -- a player recent reports show that the Ravens covet.

With pick #29 we select Terrence "Mt." Cody. We have our 2-down NT taken care of. He works in perfect harmony with Kyle Williams who becomes our penetrating, 3rd-down NT. Now we get crazy.

We take our 2nd and trade for Brandon Marshall. Recent reports say that if the Broncos get desperate, a 2 will be enough to acquire one of the most dangerous WRs in the game. Say what you want about his antics, no one would argue he isn't one of the most dominant players in the game.

With pick #73 (our 3rd-rounder) we scoop up Dexter McCluster. This fulfills Chan's "water bug" roll. McCluster can play in the slot or take snaps from the backfield. He instantly becomes the Bills most dynamic offensive play-maker.

On to the next big shakeup. We trade our 4th for Jason Campbell effectively completing the coup. We use the rest of our pick to add depth to the line and LB corps. Our opening day lineup looks as follows:

Offense

QB: Jason Campbell

RB: Jackosn, Lynch, McCluster

WR1: Brandon Marshall

WR2: Lee Evans

Slot: Dexter McCluster

TE: Shawn Nelson

LT: Gaithers

LG: Levitre

C: Hangartner

RG: Wood

RT: Green

Defense

LE: Stroud

NT: Cody/Williams

RE: Dwan Edwards

OLB: Maybin

ILB: Poz

ILB: Andra Davis

OLB: Schobel

CB: McGee

CB: Florence

FS: Byrd

SS: Scott/Whitner

Nickel: McKelvin

Now I don't know about you guys, but that looks like a playoff roster. The wildcard is obviously Campbell, but for a 4th, it would certainly be worth a shot, in my opinion.

I know it seems far fetched, but both trades are feasible.

Flame away. I can dream, damnit; this is America!

I just don't see how you get Cody, McCluster, Gaither, Marshall, and Campbell...you'd have to give a one for Marshall at least a two for Gaither...and a fourth for Campbell...so unless Cody falls to round three lmao...and McCluster to round five...how do you get them all?...not to mention even if Campbell comes he gets beat out by future HOFer Trent Edwards...

I h8 to break it to ya but...

The Ravens aren't about to let Gaither go, they will simply match any offer he gets. The Ravens now have Anquan Bolden so the reports about wanting Dez Bryant must be very old. Also, he doesn't fit the mold of a guy they would want to draft, not high character.

Why would this new Bills regime want to trade for a problem player like Brandon Marshall? I would think that the coaching staff has enough problems without compounding them with a head case.

Donte Whitner and Marshawn Lynch will be traded before preseason starts if not sooner.

In the draft I see them watching how everything falls, if there is a top LT there then they grab him at #9, if not, things could get very interesting. As for the second round I see taking Tim Tebow if he is still there.

JMHO

As we approach the draft in the dog-days of the spring, the wandering mind must occupy itself somehow. If I was Buddy Nix and I was looking to change the culture in Buffalo while simultaneously staying somewhat true to my belief of building through the draft, here's what I do:

We swap 1st-rounders with Baltimore to acquire Jared Gaithers. Word on the street is they want a 2nd. As I mentioned on a previous thread, this more than equals a 2. This allows the Ravens to move up and snag Dez Bryant -- a player recent reports show that the Ravens covet.

With pick #29 we select Terrence "Mt." Cody. We have our 2-down NT taken care of. He works in perfect harmony with Kyle Williams who becomes our penetrating, 3rd-down NT. Now we get crazy.

We take our 2nd and trade for Brandon Marshall. Recent reports say that if the Broncos get desperate, a 2 will be enough to acquire one of the most dangerous WRs in the game. Say what you want about his antics, no one would argue he isn't one of the most dominant players in the game.

With pick #73 (our 3rd-rounder) we scoop up Dexter McCluster. This fulfills Chan's "water bug" roll. McCluster can play in the slot or take snaps from the backfield. He instantly becomes the Bills most dynamic offensive play-maker.

On to the next big shakeup. We trade our 4th for Jason Campbell effectively completing the coup. We use the rest of our pick to add depth to the line and LB corps. Our opening day lineup looks as follows:

Offense

Defense

Now I don't know about you guys, but that looks like a playoff roster. The wildcard is obviously Campbell, but for a 4th, it would certainly be worth a shot, in my opinion.

wow i really like it especially the Mckluster pick the only thing im not sure of is Campbell i think Shipley or Blare White at no. 4 would be much better i could live with Campbell at no. 5 but could really care less if we got him or not...i dont think he is anything better than what we have... give Chan a year with theses guys and see what he can do... im hoping that our poor qb play was due to poor coaching :angry:

I'd be okay with that, as long as Cody wasn't the pick, put in Cam Thomas and we have a deal, I have a bad feeling about Cody. and add a QB in the middle rounds for PS and possible future.

oh and start Wilson at SS, he is the best SS buffalo has, add in an attempted trade of Whitner, Lynch and Roscoe, even for middle round help

Ray Lewis...High Character. Donte Stallworth... High Character...

The Ravens aren't about to let Gaither go, they will simply match any offer he gets. The Ravens now have Anquan Bolden so the reports about wanting Dez Bryant must be very old. Also, he doesn't fit the mold of a guy they would want to draft, not high character.

Why would this new Bills regime want to trade for a problem player like Brandon Marshall? I would think that the coaching staff has enough problems without compounding them with a head case.

Donte Whitner and Marshawn Lynch will be traded before preseason starts if not sooner.

In the draft I see them watching how everything falls, if there is a top LT there then they grab him at #9, if not, things could get very interesting. As for the second round I see taking Tim Tebow if he is still there.

JMHO

Offense

Defense

great dream brother unfortunatly you will wake up like you do every morning!

Offense

Defense

I just cannot see Baltimore giving us Gaither to move up spots. Not in this draft. A proven LT with lots of upside, sure I'll take it!

I know we really need a player like Cody but just looking at his conditioning alone tells me he is a risk in round one. A need pick for sure.

I like the idea except for Campbell. To me, he is one of those guys who has all of the tools but just can't put it together on the field. Whenever I've seen him play, he just doesn't have that fire in his eyes, or whatever you want to call it. The same lack of fire that Rob Johnson had. As far as the "playoff roster" comment, call me an eternal optimist, but with even halfway decent coaching, we could have won two or three more games last year. So with a few breaks this year, I could see the Bills at least being a factor in the division until December.

JMHO

Oh, I think they could like Dez Bryant very much. Anquan Boldin is a tremendous #2 receiver; he lacks the speed and separation ability to be a true #1. I'm sure the Ravens realize this.

Baltimore had the worst receiving corps in the league last year. I'm willing to bet they haven't put all their eggs in the Boldin basket.

And remember, letting go of a Gaither-caliber player would be a much bigger deal for a team without a plan. All indications point to the Ravens believing they have their true, future-LT in Michael Oher. That fact cannot be overlooked or dismissed.

WHAT THE HECK IS ALL THE MAN LOVE FOR CODY// he is a unconditioned fat slob more reminiscent to mike williams.. he isnt near the potential of a pro nose tackle :unsure:

He wouldn't have been playing on Nick Saban's Championship team if he was unconditioned and had a bad work ethic.

NEWSFLASH: NOSE TACKLES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAT SLOBS!!! (Washington, Williams, Wilfork, Harris, Haynesworth...)

He wouldn't have been playing on Nick Saban's Championship team if he was unconditioned and had a bad work ethic.

NEWSFLASH: NOSE TACKLES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAT SLOBS!!! (Washington, Williams, Wilfork, Harris, Haynesworth...)

Great point. I have a hard time understanding people who are hyper-critical of Mt. Cody's weight. NTs are space-eaters. Obviously, you don't want someone unable to move, but he did anchor the best defense in college football last year. Plus, he has, to a certain degree, committed to slimming down slightly this offseason.

Lay off the pudge! I like my NTs sloppy. And so should you. They're not bodybuilders; they're RB/C/OG killers.

Fans are running Lynch out of town because he's a "thug" and yet Marshall should be brought in?

Kawika Mitchell isn't in the lineup as a starter?

Everyone ran Peters out for not being committed and unmotivated (except for money) yet Gaither should be brought in (his rep is the same, unmotivated)?

Fans are running Lynch out of town because he's a "thug" and yet Marshall should be brought in?

Kawika Mitchell isn't in the lineup as a starter?

Everyone ran Peters out for not being committed and unmotivated (except for money) yet Gaither should be brought in (his rep is the same, unmotivated)?

You, sir, have asked many questions and, seemingly, provided no answers. So I will take this opportunity to answer them myself:

Most reasonable people are not running Marshawn out of town for being a thug; they are curious as to what kind of trade-value we can get for a guy who has trouble toeing the line, finding the hole and getting to camp.

Kawika Mitchell isn't a starter? Ring the five-alarm-bell!

Do you think we brought in Andra Davis to anchor the second team? Davis has experience in the 3-4 and Poz is a work-horse at the least. Who Should Kawika start over?

Gaither for a second-rounder is far different than paying Peters elite LT money.

Vick is a POS player and a POS human being. No thanks...not even for free.

Alright, pal, you aren't hijacking my thread with your "POS...POS" garbage; I've seen it before (you have put it into multiple discussions) and this isn't a moral-crusade facilitating line of thought.

I didn't mention Mike Vick, so save it for the holier-than-thou, justice-for-animals (ignore human suffering) crowd.

Take a hike!