Schouman Re-Signed

H2o

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Bills re-signed restricted free agent TE Derek Schouman to a one-year, $1.684 million contract.

Schouman entered the 2009 season as the starter but missed all but two games after suffering what was believed to be a serious knee injury. He'll compete with Shawn Nelson for the starting job this season, though neither are attractive fantasy options.

For how much? :thumbsup:

The only TE that is worth anything on our roster was Nelson, and he is still growing. Schouman is good to have. he didn't do that bad for us. Plus, if Edwards is the starter (big if), then we need schouman. He is like the only guy trent likes to throw to.

lol

The only TE that is worth anything on our roster was Nelson, and he is still growing. Schouman is good to have. he didn't do that bad for us. Plus, if Edwards is the starter (big if), then we need schouman. He is like the only guy trent likes to throw to.

Schouman is the best blocking TE on the roster and can compliment Nelson's receiving skills. Probably better than looking to the draft again for a starter quality TE with Nelson still developing into a complete NFL TE.

Schouman is the best blocking TE on the roster and can compliment Nelson's receiving skills. Probably better than looking to the draft again for a starter quality TE with Nelson still developing into a complete NFL TE.

I was thinking that too, about the blocking. But I couldn't remember any of the other TE's blocking skills. But he is an ok catcher and an ok blocker. Nelson is a great reciever... but his blocking skills are lacking.

That guy's making 1.7 million? Unreal.

The most significant thing about this re-signing is that obviously Nix and Gailey and the coaches analyzed last year's game tapes and liked what they saw from Schouman.

If the $1.7 million figure is accurate, it is an average number for a starting tight end. Twenty-four tight ends made more total compensation than that last year.

Schouman's new contract puts him in the range of such players as Jerramy Stevens, Jeff King, Joel Dreessen, Brian Jennings and Steve Heiden. Who? Exactly.

The Cleveland Browns paid Robert Royal $3.6 million last year.

The Cleveland Browns paid Robert Royal $3.6 million last year.

I honestly don't dislike the guy, but seriously, Robert Royal should be arrested for the money he has been stealing from the NFL the last few years.

Making a rough guess, I believe this guy has taken home 10+ million dollars over the last 4 years for being under average.

Then again, Rob Johnson saw all of his $25 million dollars, sooo....

I agree. He did a very good job working with Trent until he got injured. (In a way it was like Brady losing Welker.)

Then things went down hill and then Terrible O opened is mouth making matters worse.