Rick Gosselin's Mocks to come out starting this Sunday

For those that know he is consistently one of the best at Mock Drafts:

Rich Gosselin's Mocks

Sunday April 11, Mock #1

Sunday April 18th Mock #2

Third one to be something like the 21st or 22nd

I HAVE been predicting the Bills draft Bulaga but it is looking like he will be gone by pick 9. Trent Williams may still be there.

Clausen will almost definitely there. As will Davis.

I do not buy the Mel Kiper "rumor" nor nevergiveup. There's a new sheriff in town and he's the anti Dick the moron jauron. The Bills want a new QB

it'll be either through trade (Campbell) in the next few weeks or by draft (Clausen).

if Bulaga or Williams are there though at pick nine.....hmmmmmmmmm

-RnJ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You trust a Dallas sportswriter who historically gets about 28% of his first round picks right (which is a shade better than the other stooges) over a guy who has repeatedly provided accurate intel from the Bills FO?

You trust a Dallas sportswriter who historically gets about 28% of his first round picks right (which is a shade better than the other stooges) over a guy who has repeatedly provided accurate intel from the Bills FO?

where did you get this ? You don't know what you are talking about

the top mock-drafters have consistently been Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News), Mike Band (draftace) and CBS' Clark Judge.

Mel comes out about 5-10% below these guys most every year.

but suit yourself

Actually I WAS wrong...

Yep, you forgot to mention that in the land of the blind, Gosselin's something of a one-eyed man. From the same link:

"But we were tipped off to Gosselin's success as a mock drafter several years ago, and that tip has proven a good one: Gosselin is consistently among the best at making mock drafts – which, we realize, is kind of like saying you’re the most sober guy at the CHFF Christmas party."

Yep, you forgot to mention that in the land of the blind, Gosselin's something of a one-eyed man. From the same link:

"But we were tipped off to Gosselin's success as a mock drafter several years ago, and that tip has proven a good one: Gosselin is consistently among the best at making mock drafts – which, we realize, is kind of like saying you’re the most sober guy at the CHFF Christmas party."

I'm not sure that's as strong of an argument as you think it is. :rolleyes:

Actually I WAS wrong...he only got 25% right last year. I gave him too much credit when I wrote 28%.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Artic..._scorecard.html

...but Gosselin did come out on top of the heavy-hitters in 2008 with a whopping 25.8% correct!

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Artic..._scorecard.html

This line of argument isn't convincing. If a 28 of a guy's 32 projected first rounders go, then he did a great job. Whether he's off by a couple after, say, pick 8 is almost immaterial - one shakeup in the selection order has a domino effect on the rest,. Also, despite the fact that he may have only pegged 25 percent of the picks, the fact that the bulk of his projected first rounders actually went in the first is pretty darn good. I mean, when a team makes a Whitner-like pick, it screws everything up in terms of the order. I'd seriously think about mothballing the whole 25-28 percent argument as a consequence.

Rich Gosselin's Mocks

Sunday April 11, Mock #1

I HAVE been predicting the Bills draft Bulaga but it is looking like he will be gone by pick 9. Trent Williams may still be there.

I do not buy the Mel Kiper "rumor" nor nevergiveup. There's a new sheriff in town and he's the anti Dick the moron jauron. The Bills want a new QB

it'll be either through trade (Campbell) in the next few weeks or by draft (Clausen).

-RnJ

Is that the dude that always wears the Ed Hardy t-shirts?

I think that Nevergiveup is credible....I just think that the bills might be throwing a lot of misinformation out right now to see what sticks......

Let me put it this way......if the bills DID take Clausen could anyone REALLY blame them? I mean I know it might not be the guy you like but I dont think anyone could really blame them for the pick.?

I think that Nevergiveup is credible....I just think that the bills might be throwing a lot of misinformation out right now to see what sticks......

Let me put it this way......if the bills DID take Clausen could anyone REALLY blame them? I mean I know it might not be the guy you like but I dont think anyone could really blame them for the pick.?

I would blame them. A 2nd round risk pick, maybe even moving up a bit for a qb - yes, even a Tebow or McCoy. I just don't see them helping themselves a lot with this weak qb crop to spend the #9 on one. I favor one of the big noise LBs or DEs in rnd 1...and why in the world with all their problems, they seem want to go to a 3-4...escapes me.

Blasphemy, I know...but if one of the top DBs is there at #9 - my head would spin - McGee isn't going to last much longer. Please forgive me Bill from NYC. :rolleyes:

I would blame them. A 2nd round risk pick, maybe even moving up a bit for a qb - yes, even a Tebow or McCoy. I just don't see them helping themselves a lot with this weak qb crop to spend the #9 on one. I favor one of the big noise LBs or DEs in rnd 1...and why in the world with all their problems, they seem want to go to a 3-4...escapes me.

Blasphemy, I know...but if one of the top DBs is there at #9 - my head would spin - McGee isn't going to last much longer. Please forgive me Bill from NYC. :rolleyes:

If the bills take a DB when we have so many other blatent needs I am gonna need a new TV the day after the draft......

And I cannot find any NFL drafnic or analyst that says Jimmie Clausen is a 2nd round pick (I am not sure if that is what you meant)

Clausen is better then anything we have on this roster right now.....and while Bradford might be better by the end Clausen will be better out the gate.

I just dont see anything in Clausen's game that says to me.....you need to dock points for that. I dont take attitude points away for wearing a creepy looking hair cut or a thong at the lake.

Now...all of this is assuming that a OT I like doesn't fall because I know we need linemen.

If the bills take a DB when we have so many other blatent needs I am gonna need a new TV the day after the draft......

And I cannot find any NFL drafnic or analyst that says Jimmie Clausen is a 2nd round pick (I am not sure if that is what you meant)

Clausen is better then anything we have on this roster right now.....and while Bradford might be better by the end Clausen will be better out the gate.

I just dont see anything in Clausen's game that says to me.....you need to dock points for that. I dont take attitude points away for wearing a creepy looking hair cut or a thong at the lake.

Now...all of this is assuming that a OT I like doesn't fall because I know we need linemen.

This line of argument isn't convincing. If a 28 of a guy's 32 projected first rounders go, then he did a great job. Whether he's off by a couple after, say, pick 8 is almost immaterial - one shakeup in the selection order has a domino effect on the rest,. Also, despite the fact that he may have only pegged 25 percent of the picks, the fact that the bulk of his projected first rounders actually went in the first is pretty darn good. I mean, when a team makes a Whitner-like pick, it screws everything up in terms of the order. I'd seriously think about mothballing the whole 25-28 percent argument as a consequence.

For those that are interested - I KNOW some of you aren't so don't friggin click on the Mock draft then!!! - here is a link to someone who pirated the Insider's (ESPN) joint McShay/Kiper latest:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/mel-kiper-todd...so-far-1359432/

I agree with them that the Bills PROBABLY take the best OT on the board if any of the top four are there (Okung-Williams-Davis-Bulaga). I still think the Bills could go Clausen however.

Rich Gosselin's Mocks

Sunday April 11, Mock #1

-RnJ

Gosselin is a quite good educated guesser. You're kidding yourself to think otherwise. I've been doing mock drafts since the late 80s. You have 32 moving targets, none of whom want you to know what they're thinking. If you can get 30% right, that is extremely good. He usually does that.